1/21/15

Astrology Style: Aquarius

|
If your birthday falls between January 20 to February 18, you are an Aquarius, and this post is all about you and your style:


To start from the beginning of this series you can go back to each of these posts for a fashion overview on each sign:

Part One : (Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer)
Part Two: (Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn)

If you're one of the first ten signs of the Zodiac, you can view the full style details for your sign in these posts:

Aries / Taurus Gemini / Cancer / Leo / Virgo / Libra / Scorpio / Sagittarius / Capricorn

Now for this month's sign! Here are some key Aquarius traits, summarized from this article.
  • Element: Air
  • Flower: Orchid  (Source)
  • Symbol: The Water Bearer
  • Aquarians are humanitarians and progressive souls, determined to make the world a better place and to help everyone they can along the way. 
  • They especially treasure their friends and acquaintances and want to give to them as much as they can, but on their own terms and within their comfort level.
  • They are at a near-genius level, so their minds churn out some amazing things. Their thought process is also inventive and original, but their approach to presenting these ideas may seem impersonal and cold.
  • Aquarians can be very fixed in their opinions and often impatient and even temperamental with those who disagree with them.
  • In love, Aquarians are playful and flirtatious. They tend to be the opposite of jealous even when they play for keeps.
Famous Aquarius Women:
Ellen DeGeneres, Jennifer Aniston, Alicia Keys, Oprah Winfrey, Lauren Conrad, Natalie Dormer, Emma Roberts, Elizabeth Banks, Isla Fisher, Rebel Wilson, Tiffani Thiessen, Kerry Washington

Famous Aquarian Men:
Ed Sheeran, Justin Timberlake, Harry Styles, Cristiano Ronaldo, Michael Jordan


Aquarius Style Inspirations:
Aquarians seem to have a very strong preference for classic, polished style. We know what we like and we like what we know! Women like Lauren Conrad and Jennifer Aniston are well-known for their sense of style, but it's in a totally different way than fashion trailblazers like Victoria Beckham (Aries) or risk-takers like Jennifer Lopez (Leo). It was amazing to me to see how many similar looks these two women had:

(Center image of Jennifer via Celebrity Style Guide)

I am also an Aquarius, and pinning outfits of these Aquarius women was like going through my own closet. I normally try to do an outfit re-creation for the sign of the month, but I've already worn a number of outfits similar to my sign-mates:
Lauren Outfit:
Striped London Sweater: Express / Dark Legging Jeans: Express / Peep Toe Booties: Forever 21 / Necklace: CCO

Jennifer Outfit: 
Black Blazer: Piperlime / Black Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Express / Olive Cargo Skinnies: Guess (Similar) / Belt: Express / / Booties: Forever 21

But still, pinning looks for this post gave me a couple of new outfit ideas. I had a few of those "I have all of those items, why I haven't I worn them like that?" moments:

(Center image of Jennifer via Just Jared


Lauren Outfit: 
Portofino Shirt: Express /  Olive Cargo Skinnies: Guess (Similar) / Belt: Express /  Booties: Forever 21

Jennifer Outfit: 
Beige Blazer: Express (Similar) / Tank: Target / Necklace: Old Navy / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Sole Society

* * * 
Well, not only do I identify with Aquarius style, I strongly identified with all of the characteristics for the sign. I mean, who doesn't want to be told that they think at a near-genius level?! I'm definitely a progressive soul with strong opinions, and I absolutely cherish my close family and friends. And speaking of friends, one of my good friends, Carylee thought it would be amusing to turn the tables and subject me to an interview. (Please note that Oprah and Ellen are also Aquarians like me. We are the ones that like to do the interviewing around here!!) But she's such a good sport at cooperating with all of my requests that I couldn't say no. If you want to learn a little more about me, head on over here and check it out!

Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
 Alison Lindsey / Grace / Elizabeth / Brenna / Tara / Shanna / JoLynne
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci

CONVERSATION

44 comments:

  1. Happy Birthdayyyyyyyy! I cannot scream loud enough through typing lol. Fun fact: I always have amazing chemistry with aquarius, 2 of my exes were actually that sign. I think maybe it's because we are so different therefore we compliment each other, so no wonder I liked you right away. Have a wonderful Birthday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww :):) Thank you so much!! I'm so glad we met and clicked! Love your Aquarius history trivia too, LOL.

      Delete
  2. I like how this is this post is all about your birthday sign yet you conveniently don't mention that today is your birthday! If it weren't for Rachelle, I wouldn't have know to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are so fun, kind, and inspirational. You make me laugh, and I'm glad to know you. Hope your day is amazing. Heading over to Carylee's blog now. :)

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Lots of other people are Aquarians too! I didn't want to make it all about mememememe. :) Thank you for the birthday wishes and I'm so glad to know you too!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday my friend!!!! I hope your day is as fantastic as you are! I loved reading Carylee's Coffee Talk with you! Thanks for always being *our* cheerleaders in blog world - I am thankful to have "met" you!!
    You're comment about Ellen and Oprah made me laugh and your style is right in line with your fellow sign mates...perfect casual chic!!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, typo! it should be 'Your", not "you're"... :-)

      Delete
    2. Ahahaha!!! I know someone who deleted evidence of a similar typo on my blog once!

      Delete
    3. I don't know what Carylee could be talking about. :) LOL. THANK YOU for the birthday wishes Kellie! :)

      Delete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! And I'm so happy to see that your outfit that inspired mine today made this post! What a coincidence! Nope. Just fate! Enjoy your day!!!!! So happy to know you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny about that outfit!! (and how many times have we done that now?! LOL.) Thank you so much for making me ugly cry and ruining all of my makeup today. :)

      Delete
  5. This classic style is so you its almost scary! Especially Lauren Conrad's stripe sweater look. Happy birthday hun! Loved reading your interview with Carylee!

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty crazy, isn't it?! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday Gina! I was so excited to read Carylee's post today and learn more about you! I love all of these Lauren and Jennifer inspired looks!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never read about signs before. This is absolutely fabulous! I wonder what my style inspiration is since my birthday was last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a Capricorn! You have some great style inspirations like Kate Middleton: Capricorn Style

      Delete
  8. First of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINA!!!!! You are one of the bloggers that I'm soooo thankful for finding.

    Your style believe it or not is my go to style for work when I'm not dressing up for the blog. You just have the most classic yet chic look that is universal for any ladies trying to find something to wear. I also LOVE how you show dedication to bringing fresh content that is unique in many ways. Now that I just finish reading up on your interview, I feel even closer to you. Have an enjoyable day...you deserve it.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! This was such a sweet note! Tear!

      Delete
    2. Seriously, you guys are making me UGLY CRY!! LOL. Thank you SO much for your sweet words today! :)

      Delete
  9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINA! Loved reading more about you over on Carylee's, hope you have a fabulous day!

    xo, Jasmin
    www.jasmindaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmin! Carylee did a great job with that piece. :)

      Delete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Lauren Conrad is like my favorite person ever, so I seriously loved this post haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Gina!!!! Woohoo deserves a lot of celebration!!! Love your posts and how well you do your inspirations!! Keep up the fantastic work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words! :)

      Delete
  12. Happy birthday Gina!! I hope you are doing something fun to celebrate. It was so fun to learn more about you on Carylee's blog. I'm also an Aquarius and definitely identify with these outfits. Lauren and Jennifer have such simple, chic, classic style which I love!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! Yes, we definitely have similar tastes! I think you are the more dressed-up classic Aquarius style and I'm the casual version. :)

      Delete
  13. So fun! Happy birthday Gina! Thank you for sharing all about the Aquarius sign :) I am a true Libra through and through, so I really buy into the theory behind signs!

    Chelsea
    Ginger Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha i'm definitely not near genius level lol. though i love what you said about the classic pieces, knowing what we like and liking what we know. i'm struggling to find the what i like thing - well, i think i know what i like but getting into my wardrobe is a different matter ;) i love both of these ladies style- and yours of course!
    and happy birthday lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does take time and trial and error to build the wardrobe you want, even when you KNOW what you want! Finding the right fit and pieces and colors etc. is harder than it seems like it should be. I have a few years on you so I've had more time to experiment! :)

      Delete
  15. You absolutely are an Aquarius! I love your personality Gina, and I think you are really the only Aquarius I know! I love Lauren conrad's style, she will always be my favorite. Her clothes are so relatable. Happy happy birthday again Gina :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday beautiful lady!! Fun to learn more about the sign and how it fits your personality :) Hope you have an amazing day!!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tori!! You are so sweet. :)

      Delete
  17. Happy Birthday Gina!! Hope you are having a great day:) I've always loved Jennifer and Lauren's effortless style and you have once again nailed these looks!!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday! You truly are one of my favorites and I can't wait to read your posts when they show up in my feed. You are so creative, fun, and all around FABULOUS! Oh, and I appreciate all of your support the last year too. And how uncanny that you already had most of the outfits to match the celebrities.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday, Gina! Great post - I love Jennifer Anniston style, and I love how you recreated her airport style! I hope you are having a great day! XO
    ~Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday, pretty lady!!! I love seeing all of your stylish looks everyday on IG and here on The Daily EXPRESS. I appreciate your encouragement and inspiration! Hope you day has been just as lovely as you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday diva girl! I hope your day is full of fun, relaxation and a plenty of blessings!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice! great style :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jen + LC are two of my fashion faves. They always look so classic and put-together. Polished is a great word.

    Love these zodiac rundowns!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  24. Belated Happy Birthday to you Gina. Both Jennifer Aniston and Lauren Conrad have classic American style and I actually see similarities between them and your personal style. You always look put-together even at your simplest, most casual outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy belated Birthday!!! Interesting read indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!