12/29/14

Top Posts of 2014

|
I love when other bloggers share their secret, behind-the-blog stats, so I checked in on my stats this weekend to share my Top 5 Most-Clicked posts of 2014, along with a reminder of some the outfits related to those posts.

1. The Scuba Leggings Situation

I have fully embraced the faux leather/scuba leggings now, but back in January they were an intimidating fashion challenge so I set to work creating some not-too-catwomanesque outfits with them. My exact scuba leggings from Express are currently sold out, but you can get a similar pair at other retailers like these at Ann Taylor .



2. Nothing New

In the summer I wanted to get continued use out of my favorite fall and winter wardrobe pieces, and I did so with some Pin-spired outfits. But I think the most popular look from this post was the one with the "new" item, the Baroque Tiered Lace Tank. This tank is on clearance now so don't wait too long to get it if you're thinking about it!



3. #Basic Leggings Outfits

This is a very recent post (December 5) so I was surprised to see it make the top five, but obviously leggings are an item that connect with a lot of women!
Sexy Stretch Leggings with Chambray Shirt / Gray Sweater / Striped Tee


4. Not Lost in Translation

I had fun turning some 2D outfit layouts (created by Rachelle and Caryleeinto 3D outfits in this post. And I also got a laugh later on when I wore those outfits in real life and shared them on Instagramand the creators didn't even recognize their own work!

Rachelle originally posted this outfit set here.


One: B/W Plaid Shirt: Express (Similar/ Black Skinnies: Express / Leopard Wedges: Sole Society

Two: Blue Plaid Shirt: Express (Similar) / White Jeans: Express / Black Flats: DSW 

Three: Moto Jacket: Express / Grey Tank: Target / Necklace: Express (Similar) / Leopard Wedges: Sole Society / White Skinnies: Express


5. Pinspired October

I recapped some of my favorite outfit re-creations from the month of September in this post, including one of my most-repinned outfits. It's a timeless t-shirt and jeans combo, but so fresh with the grey/white/cognac color combination. It's funny how fashion keeps churning out new trends left and right but people are still strongly drawn to the classics.

(Far Left Image: The Northeast Girl)

White Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express / Belt: Gap / Bag: Aldo (Similar) / Flats: Target (Similar) / Jacket: Express


* * *
It's always surprising to see what draws people in, and it seems like leggings and inspired outfits dominate the list when it comes to my content. Luckily those are two things I enjoy wearing and creating, so I'm sure you'll be seeing a few more of those posts in 2015!

Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
Marvelous Monday / Rachelle & Charnele /
Laura  & Erin / Alison Lindsey / Grace / Elizabeth / Brenna / Tara / Shanna / JoLynne
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci

Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        

CONVERSATION

29 comments:

  1. I can't get enough of my Express scuba leggings. I wear them at least once a week. They are super comfy. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this recap, in 2015 I need to spend more time creating 2D outfits and wearing them too I didn't even wear most of the combo I created.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving every single outfit. Especially the last color combo, definitely one of my faves!
    Happy 2015 Dear Gina! Prosperity, health and love this coming year. Cheers!
    ~Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really did have a blast with your great style posts Gina - looking forward to more in 2015! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!!!

    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post! This makes me want to go back and look at mine. I loved the one with the 3D layouts turned real too!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still kicking myself for not buying a pair of scuba leggings this Fall. I talked myself out of them multiple times BUT I just got an Express gift card for Christmas so mayyybe I will pick them up now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Besides being super stylish in 2014, Gina, you have had such fun, interesting and creative posts. I have especially enjoyed your Coffee Date series and surveys for Midwest, West Coast, East Coast etc. differences in styles and trends. Thanks for a great link-up in 2014 as well. Here is to an even better, brighter 2015!

    Pleasure joining you one last time this year. <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post :) I love reading recaps from other bloggers, I plan on posting mine tomorrow. Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your classic pieces turned into full blown very stylish looks! Your post have been very inspirational and full of great advice!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can rock leggings better than anyone else, Gina. I can see why they're so popular. And those white jeans, they look so good. Wishing you a Happy New Year! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun seeing your favorite posts! That Baroque tank is so pretty and I love the white jeans and gray tee! Such a classic look! Happy New Year!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this post :) i love seeing what was popular as well, and that is funny about the leggings post - i guess they are in every woman's wardrobe and can be super versatile?! i know i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You make me want to run out and grab some scuba leggings! They are the right twist to plain black leggings!
    http://www.fashionablyspeakn.com/2014/12/meet-cast-countdown-shine.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so fun to look back at previous posts! You have had a great year of blogging. lady!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the outfit with the leopard heels, ultra classic!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the plaid shirts, and I decided next year to start really focusing on laying and create unique outfits. Looking forward to getting more inspirational posts from you.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved all of your posts this year Gina. They were extremely helpful, and I bought some great Express pieces because of you! Your sale alerts were also great. I'm happy we are blogging friends :) Your support means a lot to me in this ever evolving blog community!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many cute looks & I'm excited to have come across your link up before the new year!!!
    Andrea @ Mommainflipflops.com #realmomstyle

    ReplyDelete
  19. i like your reflective look at the great outfits of the past year! you look amazing in each and every one and i am sure you will be inspired to wear many more amazing outfits in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great recap, all of your outfits look great. Can't wait to see what you wear in 2015! ;)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know what that says about our society that leggings are the most interesting fashion choice! But I can't blame everyone. Nothing beats the slim lines of the skinniest leggings and fitted tops - and your silhouette is perfect to showcase these looks! You just reminded me that I need to wear my chambray and leggings over my new Liz Lange tank! #basic
    Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a stylish year! I'm pretty sure you inspired me to buy more Express than I had in quite some time- your styling is always top-notch, Gina! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  23. If there was any possibility I'd look as good as you in scuba leggings, I'd wear them. You look amazing. Wishing you a joyous rest of 2014! :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  24. The pinspired October post was one of my favorites! Hope you have an amazing new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That white jeans and gray top is one of my favorite looks of yours. It's such a classy look. Have a great New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  26. "Scuba leggings"- thats hilarious. I havent embraced them, but you styled them great.
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  27. All of the outfits are great....but the ones with white jeans are definitely my favorite!!!! xoxo, Sheaffer :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love leggings and I have just "found" them ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!