12/22/14

Astrology Style: Capricorn

|
If your birthday falls between December 22 through January 19, you are a Capricorn, and this post is all about you and your style.




To start from the beginning of this series you can go back to each of these posts for a fashion overview on each sign:

Part One : (Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer)
Part Two: (Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn)

If you're one of the first nine signs of the Zodiac, you can view the full style details for your sign in these posts:

Aries / Taurus Gemini / Cancer / Leo / Virgo / Libra / Scorpio / Sagittarius

Now for this month's sign! Here are some key Capricorn traits, summarized from this article.
  • Element: Earth
  • Flower: Carnation (Source)
  • Symbol: The Goat
  • The Capricorn is all about hard work. They are ambitious and determined to get to the top of their chosen field.
  • They want to reap the benefits of success; namely fame, prestige and money. But they're patient and happy to wait for their ship to come in while they put in the time and work.
  • They can be domineering and egotistical on their way to the top, and they can be quite unforgiving of those that aren't as diligent or ambitious as they are.
  • While they can get a bit materialistic and greedy, they are far too dignified to get carried away.
Famous Capricorn Women:
Michelle Obama, Nina Dobrev, Kate Middleton, Kristin Cavallari, Zooey Deschanel, Katey Sagal, January Jones, Diane Keaton, Betty White, Meghan Trainor, Ellie Goulding, Kate Moss

Famous Capricorn Men:
Jim Carrey, Bradley Cooper, Orlando Bloom, Denzel Washington, Nicolas Cage, Mel Gibson, Jude Law, Joe Manganiello, Patrick Dempsey, LeBron James, Zayn Malik, Pitbull, Martin Luther King, Jr.


Capricorn Style Inspirations:

Kate Middleton:

Create Kate's Style:
Capricorn Kate Middleton Casual Style


January Jones:
(January's totally ready for 2015 with all of her Marsala accents here!)

Create January's Style:
CAPRICORN: January Jones style

Gingham Check PortofinoMid Rise Jean Legging / Quilted Top Slip On Boot / Quilted Chain Strap Shoulder Bag / Blazer / Sunglasses

Although I'm not a Capricorn myself, I must inadvertently love Capricorn style because I've re-created quite a few of their outfits recently:

Nina Dobrev Style (Original Post here)
Moto Jacket: Express / Tile Blue Barcelona Cami: Express / Black Skinnies: Express / Scarf: Express / Flats: Target (Current) / Converse: Nordstrom

Betty White Style (Original Post here)
ONE: Portofino Shirt Express (in Tile Blue:)Scarf: Express (SimilarSimilar) / Black Skinnies: Express / Bracelet: Nordstrom / Shoes: TJ Maxx (old) (Option)

TWO: Barcelona Cami: Express / Teal Blazer: Piperlime (in black, Similar in teal) / Black Skinnies: Express / Bracelet: Nordstrom / Necklace: Express / Shoes: TJ Maxx (old) (Option)

Kristin Cavallari Style: (Original Posts here and here)
Tee & Shorts Outfit: Tee: Express (Similar) / Cutoffs: DIY / Sandals: Forever 21 (Similar)

Moto Jacket Outfit: Moto Jacket: Express / Leggings: Express / White Tank: Target / Necklace: Express
* * *

As usual, I look forward to hearing from Capricorn ladies as to how well they relate to the characteristics of their sign or any of their sign-mate style inspirations!

Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
Marvelous Monday / Rachelle & Charnele / Jill
Laura  & Erin / Alison Lindsey / Grace / Elizabeth / Brenna / Tara / Shanna / JoLynne
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci

Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        

CONVERSATION

31 comments:

  1. I gotta say, from the Capricorn traits that you listed, I wouldn't wanna be friends with one! I'm a Capricorn but I hope I'm not like that! I do love some of the Capricorn celebrities that you listed. Kate Middleton has impeccable classic style and I love Krtisten Cavallari's casual style. I like that you re-created Betty White's looks. It shows that she is one stylish lady and you can look good in just about anything. Have a great week, Gina! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely love Kate Middleton style. She is always so classic and polished. I love this series!
    ~Tatiana
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kate Middleton and Kristen Cavallari's style! Both completely different but amazing in their own way. My grand mom is a capricorn and I would say she fits the characteristics. She's also just like Betty White, lol they could be best friends haha!

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    xo, Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your celebrity inspired outfits here, Kate Middleton is just gorgeous. Rachel xo
    https://garaytreasures.wordpress.com/2014/12/21/nothing-on-clark-kent-and-velma/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the "marsala" on January Jones...she wears it well! Also, your inadvertent recreations of Capricorn style is dead on...loving the Kristin Cavallari & Nina outfits! :-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate Middleton's style is always so classy and put together. I try to be that way sometimes but I usually go more with Kristin Cavallari's style. lol! A little more casual and edgy. =) Great post girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually really like January's style, it has an edge and I can tell she has a pretty bag and shoe collection.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom's a Capricorn, they are great people! I love Kate Middleton, she oozes style and sophistication!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa all these ladies ROCK!!! Wishing you a Merry Christmas too!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Kate Middleton. I'm obsessed with her. You can't even hate her- not for one minute. She's beautiful, has amazing style, and she's a princess! All of these woman are great! These Capricorn women are fab! You know this is one of my favorite series you do! xo
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Kate! She just always look so chic! What a style icon. Also, Betty. Need I say more?! I think I need to go watch some Golden Girls now. Lastly, your legs look just like Kristin's which really just isn't fair. I know, I know, you work hard for them. But still...

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kate Middleton is Classic!! And YAY for including Betty White!! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your astrology posts are so fun to read! I'm a fan of Kate's classic style but I love how you recreated Kristen's laid back style!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Kate's style. She always looks so classy and effortless. Happy Holidays to you and your family, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kate Middleton has the most perfect classic style, I always love Kristen's looks as well and of course Betty White rocksl!! Love your take on Kristen's look, perfectly and effortlessly styled!! Hope you are enjoying this holiday season and wishing you a very Merry Christmas Gina:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Capricorn ladies are styling' <3 I love your horoscope posts and look forward to them. It looks like capricorn style range from classic to edgy, most of them are styles I love and wear, especially Kristin's. (though I am a Scorpio) Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season Gina, always fun to catch up with you. XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so excited to read this post because I am a Capricorn! To find out that two people's styles I loooove are Capricorns made my day haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kate midleton is so beautiful and looks classy :D

    http://putrivalentinalim.blogspot.com/2014/12/christmas-is-doing-little-something.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Betty White style, YESSSSSSS! Love her! :)

    Jen @ Librarian for Life + Style

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nate is a Capricorn (his bday is on the 30th) and this describes him perfectly! In fact, I'm going to show this to him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Betty's back ... yay! I love Kate (who doesn't?!?) but they all look so fab.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WHAT IS UP, MY FELLOW CAPRICORNS!

    I love these posts you do related to style, personality + astrology. I'm a pretty tried 'n true Cap; this personality profile is very much me. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Gina!!!
    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't wait to see next month since I'm an Aquarius. I love Kate's and her amazing style. I hope you have a Merry Christmas Gina!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post, The outfits look amazing. Really inspiring :)

    yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2014/12/sweater-weather.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, this is such a cool post! I love horoscopes, so mixing it with fashion is awesome!

    99 OUTFITS | LOOKBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | CHICTOPIA

    ReplyDelete
  27. I so love how Kate Middleton's style. Always the classy one

    Merry Christmas! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    http://www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love these posts. January Jones is such a favorite of mine.
    Happy Holidays!

    L,
    Vicky
    TheMummyChronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I always look forward to t these post. Kate & Jane are my favorite for inspiration.

    Happy Holidays to You and Your Family!

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  30. KATE!! my bestie! gah I wish I dressed like her, or rather I was a princess and had occasion to dress like her. sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!