11/17/14

Collectors, Not Addicts

|
Last year, Express started their Big Event (aka Black Friday Sale), on the Monday before Thanksgiving. That's exactly one week away! I don't know for sure whether they will do the same thing this year, but in preparation for the sale, I wanted to check in with my fellow Express Collector friends (because Collector sounds better than Addict, right?) and find out their their most-loved recent items and see what's on their radar for a possible Black Friday purchase. I don't want to miss a chance to get something at a great price!

The Collector: Erin on Instagram:

Most Collected: Tie between Portofino Shirts and Columnist pants

Her Current Favorites: 
(Minus) the Leather Moto Jacket:
Leather jacket outfit ideas, Express Minus the Leather jacket

The London Sweater  and Rhinestud Embellished Legging:
Express studded leggings, London sweater, outfit ideas

On her wishlist:
Mid Rise Rip and repair boyfriend Jean


The Collector: Rachelle - PinkSole and on Instagram

Most Collected: Portofino Shirts (16)

Her Current Favorites: 
Windowpane Barcelona / Paisley Barcelona  /  Windopane Portofino / Double Weave Suit Vest
Original outfit posts: One / Two 

On her wishlist: Striped London Sweater


The Collector: Carylee - More Pieces of Me and on Instagram

Most Collected: Portofino Shirts (15-ish)

Her Current Favorites: 
(Minus) the Leather Moto Jacket /  Scuba LeggingsBarcelona Cami /
Original Outfit Posts: One / Two / Three

On her wishlist:

Aztec Embellished French Terry Sweatshirt and Hooded Mixed Media Moto Jacket


* * *

I am planning to do a separate post of my favorites and reader favorites next week during the sale, so I'll save my Collector's Picks for those posts. And last week I shared that the London Sweater was going on my Black Friday wishlist, so I made a quick trip in-store to investigate the sizing on these:

Wearing: Express London Sweater / Leggings / Necklace / Old Navy Booties

Fit Notes: I'm wearing a size XS on the two photos on the left, and a size Small on the two photos on the right. As you can see, it is a relaxed fit, oversized sweater, and there's not a major difference between the two sizes.  I was torn about what size to get because I wanted to be sure it looked oversized and was long enough to wear with leggings. I was a little worried that the XS was borderline. But two sales associates they convinced me to go XS because they have these sweaters and find that they stretch and lengthen a bit with wear throughout the day.

I hope they're right because I may have already crossed this one off my Black Friday wishlist a little early with a little help from coupons and rewards. What can I say? I'm a collector and this seemed like a great addition to my collection!

Shop the Post:



Linking up with:
Marvelous Monday / Rachelle & Charnele / Sophisticated Style / Paige & Daphnee / Becky
Laura  & Erin / Alison Lindsey / Grace / Elizabeth / Brenna / Tara / Shanna / JoLynne
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci

Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        

CONVERSATION

35 comments:

  1. These are all great pick! Especially love the mix media jacket!

    xo
    Lexi
    the-streetsofgold.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it that I have never seen those embellished leggings???? I always have a list of things to try on after reading your blog!!!! These are all excellent favorites and I had no idea that Express started their sale next Monday! Thanks for the heads up!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That moto jacket is tempting me. I keep seeing it everywhere. One of these days I'll probably give in. That London sweater seems so versatile. I can easily see it becoming a go-to sweater, perfect with leggings and boots. Have a great week, Gina! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that London sweater on you. It looks so cozy and comfortable. Hope you enjoy your week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gina!! You are a very inspiration Express collector - loving those embellished leggings so much!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The London sweater looks so comfy! The moto jacket and those embellished leggings are great too!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving the new London sweaters at Express! And next time my hubby says I am obsessed with Express, I'm going to tell him I'm not obsessed, I'm a collector! haha! I like that

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, collector sounds better than addict. I love it. Good to know about their early sale!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahaha! I know I gave you that reply, but that's the first sign of an addict to give a vague reply. The 15ish made me LOL. And yay! I'm so glad you went into detail aboht the fit. I gotta figure out what color to get!!! Or colors! It looks so soft and comfy! Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the feature and the review on the london sweater, I still need to go try it on. It looks cute on you and I love the fit of the xs better.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the london sweater on you! i need some new work pants, I need to go to the mall to try them all on though. love collector instead of addict lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like being a collector of clothes....so much better than addict :) Have a great week!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh, I'll be watching to see what sales they have! I'll be stalking your blog for advice :-)

    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the sizing tip on the London! I was going to ask you what size you tried on the other day.

    xo, Jasmin
    www.jasmindaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sure hope they start the sale early!! I already have what I want picked out, haha. That will be the last time I can go shopping for myself until after my birthday in early January so I really want to stock up!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope they start their sale early, have some items pick out and saved on my wish list. Great tips as always with the sweater.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooooooh that sweater looks awesome! I should totally check that out, I am a sucker for stripes!!
    xo/Riva
    www.rivaladiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH MY GOD THE WHITE VEST IS BACK!

    Ahem. Sorry. I debated buying that vest last year and then didn't do it and regretted it ever since. I will be buying that puppy the INSTANT it goes on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to get to an Express and try that London sweater on. I love the striped version. And those embellished leggings are awesome. I do need some new leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great photos
    would you like to follow each other?
    I'll follow back after i

    tWww.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still have my eye on that leopard print dress, there is also this sequined pencil skirt combo I'd love to rock for the holidays but they were out of stock last I checked :( Hope they get more in!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved this, great post! Would you say I'm a collector? I do own a ton of Express (like half my wardrobe) but I don't need to jump on something as soon as it's in the new arrivals section. I love Express because despite the fact that I'm petite, their stuff actually fits my body pretty well! The sleeves are sometimes too long on the cardigans and jackets, but otherwise I feel very comfortable buying and ordering online. Plus, it's all so cute! Great mix of classic and trendy pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most definitely a collector. :) You're the careful curator type though, rather than the hoarding collector type!

      Delete
  23. I really like that sweater you are wearing in the last pictures! I've been looking for a sweater to wear with my leggings and this one might be perfect. I also really like Carylee's mixed media jacket pick!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG don't give me anymore to think about! I want all of this added to my closet!
    ~Elise @ highheelsglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great looks!!!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your collector vs. addict philosophy ... ha ha :) Adding the striped London sweater to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great looks! That gray sweater is really pretty and a great addition to a any wardrobe.
    ~Tatiana
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooh, I totally love "collector" vs. "addict." Muuuuch better!
    I need to check out this sale if Express has it this year (I'm sure they'll do something!) because I would love a few Barcelona camis!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is great.... collector, yes! :) Loving those boyfriend jeans, oh my! Now on my wishlist too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That London sweater will haunt me. My first stop Black Friday is Express! But I'll be stalking the sales before then too

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like the idea of calling it collecting rather than addiction :)
    And all the outfits that everyone has pu together are so gorgeous!

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  32. As I was reading this I was thinking go with the extra small because it looked about the same length just a tad bit more fitted. Great addition woman! Thanks for getting me pumped for the sale! haha, maybe not a good thing. ;)
    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com/2014/11/besties-gone-blond.html
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com/2014/11/besties-gone-blond.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!