11/24/14

Astrology Style: Sagittarius

|
If your birthday falls between November 22 through December 21 , you are a Scorpio, and this post is all about your style.

To start from the beginning of this series you can go back to each of these posts for a fashion overview on each sign:

Part One : (Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer)
Part Two: (Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn)

If you're one of the first eight signs of the Zodiac, you can view the full style details for your sign in these posts:

Aries / Taurus Gemini / Cancer / Leo / Virgo / Libra / Scorpio

Now for this month's Sign, Sagittarius. Here are some key Sagittarius traits, summarized from this article.
  • Element: Fire
  • Flower: Narcissus (Source)
  • Symbol: The Archer 
  • Sagittarians are truth seekers who are keenly interested in philosophy and religion.
  • They are all about action and adventure. You might find them climbing the highest peak or sailing around the world 
  • They love their physicality and are often athletic and full of stamina.
  • They are often outgoing and enthusiastic, with the occasional tendency to overstep their bounds and put their foot in their mouth.
  • They love to have a good time, stimulating conversation, and tend to be full of confidence.
Famous Sagittarius Women:
Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, Nikki Minaj, Alyssa Milano, Miley Cyrus, Christina Aguilera, Rita Ora, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson, Sia Furler, Scarlett Johansson, Kaley Cuoco, Amanda Seyfriend, Sarah Hyland, Sarah Paulson, Julianne Moore, Michelle Dockery

Famous Sagittarius Men:
Jay-Z, Brad Pitt, Jake Gyllenhaal, Ian Somerhalder, Steven Spielberg, Ben Stiller, Samuel L. Jackson, Jamie Foxx


Sagittarius Style Inspirations:

Taylor Swift:

Get Taylor's Style:
Taylor Swift Sagittarius Style

Plaid Flannel Skirt / 3/4 Sleeve Tee / Colorblock Satchel / Franco Sarto Loafers

 Ashley Benson:

Get Ashley's Style:

Ashley Benson Sagittarius Style
Plaid Convertible Sleeve Boyfriend Shirt / Lightweight Slouchy Beanie / Black Jean Legging Converse High Top


Several months back I discovered in this post that I was inadvertently dressing like a Sagittarius, in this case Shawn Carter a.k.a Jay-Z. He and I both favor a simple moto jacket, jeans, and t-shirt look:

Moto Jacket: Express / Tee: Old Navy / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Booties: Target (Similar)  / Necklace: Old Navy  / Belt: Target

Since I already have style overlap with Jay-Z, it seemed obvious that he should be my Sagittarius Style inspiration this month. I don't normally gravitate to menswear, but I'm always up for outside-the-box style inspiration and in this case I was pretty happy with the results:

A Blazer, Tee and 2 Chainz:
Jay Z Street Style, Blazer, Tee, Jeans Outfit
 Blazer: Express / Tee: Old Navy / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Necklace: Forever 21 / Shoes: Sole Society

"This ain't black versus white...we off that."
Jay Z Street Style, Black Sweater with white contrast
Sweater: Express / Tunic Tank: Target / Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) / Booties: Express / Necklace: Express (Similar)
* * *

As always, I'm looking forward to hearing how your experience with Sagittarians compares to the profile and if you are a Sagittarius, how you relate to any of these personality traits or style inspirations!

Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
Marvelous Monday / Rachelle & Charnele /
Laura  & Erin / Alison Lindsey / Grace / Elizabeth / Brenna / Tara / Shanna / JoLynne
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci

Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        

CONVERSATION

24 comments:

  1. You have just as much swagg as Jay-Z and I love the last look the most. Yesterday I went to get the stripe london sweater and they only had it in medium and large, I was sooo annoyed :( and now I want the black too. I will try another store today :)

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in as a huge fan of TS and everything about her hair & style!!! Have a great Thanksgiving Gina!!

    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest is a Sagittarius and the character traits that you listed are totally her! Love Taylor Swift's outfits, she's such a pretty girl. I really enjoyed your re-creations of Jay-Z's style, love all three unisex looks. Enjoy the short week! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I scream sung and danced to shake it off at the wedding this weekend. It. Was. Amazing.
    But anyhoo! I love TSwift's style as much as her catchy lyrics and you pull of Jay Z Pinspiration perfectly. I just bought a black blazer that actually hits me at my hip. Maybe I will need to recreate that look myself!
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the laid back look that the Sagittarians seem to dress. I'm loving the plaid shirts, beanies and sneakers! Even though Taylor Swift always puts a unique spin on her wardrobe choices, she always comes out looking put together but never over the top. I'm still laughing at your side by side comparisons with Jay-Z, you definitely have nailed his look and I really loving his style now, thanks to your recreations!

    Hope you had a great weekend love!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love finding out who belongs to each sign! This was a fun one! I had no idea Taylor Swift was a Sagittarius! I love her style! You look WAYYYY better than Jay-Z my friend but you have created such a feminine spin on his looks! Great job! xo
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha you and Jay-Z. Even though you look nothing like him, it made me laugh. I love Taylor's style. It just seems so fun and true to who she is as a person.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these horoscope's series! I definitely love TS Style, and I had my Britney Spears moment (lol). You named great qualities of my sign; one of them is the adventurous at heart we are. I also find that being enthusiastic and sincere can be taken in the wrong way sometimes, but well... I love how you recreated Jay-Z's style! Great post Gina!
    ~Tatiana
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing! The fact that you can recreate boys look as well is super cool. I have to say I love all the looks that you got from Jay-Z. They came out looking very good!!

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've just won my heart with the Jay-Z style inspiration! #SWAG I would wear all those HOVA looks lol Now I want to turn on some old school Jigga. lol

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun and clever post! I'm loving your Jay-Z inspiration too:) Have a great day Gina!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Check you out, rocking Jay-Z's swag and doing it well! Love it!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great posts! I love you drew inspiration from Jay-Z!!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have really been digging T-Swift's style lately!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like Taylor Swift's style. She reminds me of a childhood friend, so I've always had a soft spot for her (even though I'm not liking her new pop music).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Taylor Swift has amazing style and she has been killing it recently! I love how you and Jay-Z dressed alike. I hope you had a great weekend!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got so excited when I saw you pinning Taylor Swift lol. I love her style, though I couldn't pull most of it off... or want to, really.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Taylor Swift has great style! All of those pinned looks are adorable! Love your Jay-Z inspiration too!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness...I'm am absolutely loving your Jay-Z outfits...they are surprisingly feminine & each one turned out great!! Love the idea of taking men's fashion & making it women's fashion!!

    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG I love that you used Jay Z! These are all so great!
    ~Elise @ Highheelsglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the last look with the black sweater. It's so classic and simple but so cute! And I just love Taylor Swift. She always looks so classy and doesn't feel the need to be a hoochie like a lot of the other pop stars.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your Jay-Z outfit! Never would have picked him for style inspiration, but it totally works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL...your Jay-Z outfits look hot - who thought they'd look equally good on women as men ;-P

    MY BLOG: ♥♥♥ Ella Pretty ♥♥♥



    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!