10/8/14

Coffee Date: Amy & Amy Ann

|
Today I'm taking two more Express shopping bloggers on a virtual coffee date to get to know them a little better with some fun girl talk about shopping, style, beauty, and other fun topics. Sometimes I pair up bloggers who have a similar style (like Erica & Brenna) or who share a blog space (like Karen & Paloma).  This time I paired them based on sharing a name.

Meet Amy of Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins and Amy Ann of The Real Arnolds. (And FYI she does prefer Amy Ann! But she's too nice to correct people.) They definitely have a few more things in common than just the name, like an affinity for Buffalo Plaid. So read on to find out more about these two:
Amy / Amy Ann ( Photo credit: Jami Leavitt Photography)


I start every Coffee Date with coffee of course, so what do you usually order at Starbucks?
Amy: 
I like a Café Misto with skim milk and two pumps of sugar free vanilla.

Amy Ann:
I love coffee. I drink regular black coffee every morning and that doesn’t change even if I run by Starbucks. If I need a caffeine buzz in the afternoon, I love a soy latte.


I always like to get a little backstory on your blogging experience, so can you tell me how long have you been blogging and what the experience has been like for you?

Amy:
I have been blogging for about two and half years. The best part about it is the inspiration I get from reading other blogs that I enjoy. I have also met and worked with some amazing bloggers and companies.

Amy Ann:
My blog started out as a personal one four years ago, and it has slowly evolved into the fashion blog it is now. I started blogging solely about fashion about ten months ago.


Can you share a blogging tip or trick you learned along the way that might help other bloggers or aspiring bloggers? 

Amy:
I try to schedule my blog posts out so that during the week I can enjoy my evenings. This helps me feel less intimidated by posting 4-5 times a week. I also have a running notes section on my iPhone that I use for blog ideas I pick up out and about.

Amy Ann:
The biggest thing I have learned is to put myself out there. Whether that means linking up, commenting on and visiting other blogs, or contacting retailers for possible partnerships.


You both already know that my blog revolves a lot around shopping at Express, so what's your current favorite item in your wardrobe from Express?
Amy Ann's Original Post here (photo Credit: Jami Leavitt)

Amy:
My leopard print belt, such a staple piece.

Amy Ann:
My favorite Express item is my leopard midi skirt. (Amy Ann's exact skirt is sold out, but here's another leopard midi skirt option.)


I thought you two might have more things in common than just a name. I see you're both Ladies who Leopard! If I put leopard off limits, are there any items on your wish list from Express?
Express wishlist items: Cocoon Coat / Barcelona Cami in Black & White Scuba Legging.

Amy:
I am loving this cocoon coat! The subtle color is so pretty!

Amy Ann:
Gina, I blame you for this wish list item! I would love to have the Barcelona Cami in black and white for layering. I have also been wanting a leather or scuba legging like the Express version.

Gina: 
Okay, I try not to interrupt like this, but if I'm getting blamed for something it's only fair that I get to defend myself, Amy Ann. I can understand why you for having those items on your wishlist since they are obviously fabulous and versatile. But I'm certainly not the only fan, and I can't help it that lots of other people love them, forcing me to feature them even more:
Kat / Carylee /  Noelle / Rachelle in the Barcelona Cami

I certainly don't expect anyone (including myself!) to shop at just one store, so what other wardrobe staple would you recommend that's not from Express?
Original Posts: Amy / Amy Ann
Amy:
A great pair of skinny jeans. I recently picked up two new pairs from Madewell and they are the best fitting denim I own.

Amy Ann:
This is hard! From a purely practical standpoint, I probably wear my black ankle booties the most this time of year. My pair is similar to this Aldo option, but there are a lot of great ones out there.

If you could wear any outfit of each other's for a day, which one would you choose?
Original Outfit Details: Amy / Amy Ann
Amy:
I actually love this leopard top outfit she just recently wore. The lace detailing is perfect against the print!

Amy Ann:
Amy has great style! I am coveting her red Kate Spade purse in a big way. I would swap her Tiny Dancer post outfit because of the bag and because it’s unlike anything I have in my wardrobe. How much fun is that tulle skirt?!


I love looking at fashion influences through music, movies, TV, and even Astrology on my blog, so let's talk about some of your style inspirations. What's your Astrological sign and which celebrities have style you admire?
Rosie Huntington-Whitely (Aries) / Olivia Palermo (Pisces) / Miranda Kerr (Taurus) / Lauren Conrad (Aquarius)

Amy: (Aries)
I'm an Aries.  Lauren Conrad and Olivia Palermo are my favorites.

Amy Ann: (Pisces)
Another hard question! Aside from fashion bloggers, I am probably most drawn to Miranda Kerr, Rose Huntington-Whiteley, and Olivia Palermo.

Gina:
Interesting..you each chose Ladies who Leopard as your fashion inspirations and you both chose a celebrity with each other's Astrological sign, or mine (Aquarius), or your own! Coincidence? Hm, yes, probably. But it's still a fun one!

Do you have any favorite movies, especially for fashion inspiration?

Amy:
Devil Wears Prada or any Sex and the City movies/episodes are my favorites for fashion inspiration.

Amy Ann:
My favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice. For fashion inspiration it’s totally blogs!


Let's face it: your faces are always perfectly made-up and a big part of your look and style, so can you fill us in on some favorite products you use to help achieve your look?
Original Post: Amy Ann /  Amy

Amy:
I am loving a nude lip for fall and reach for Flesh Pot by MAC with Boldly Bare as a liner. i swear by Better than Sex mascara by Two Faced. It’s Ahhhhmazing! And I can't live without Suave Dry ShampooYou can also check out some of my other current beauty favorites HERE.

Amy Ann:
I am like the worst person ever to be talking about beauty products. I am a drug store junkie and rarely experiment. But to me, defining your face through defining your brows makes the biggest difference. My current favorite product is Revlon Brow Fantasy. And L'Oreal Voluminous is my favorite mascara, without a doubt. When I do wear lipstick, I love Revlon’s Balm Stain in Smitten.

A few of their Favorite Products:

Favorite Products
Top: Suave Dry Shampoo / Better than Sex Mascara / Boldly Bare Liner / Revlon Brow Fantasy
Bottom:  Essie Jazz / Flesh Pot Lipstick / Essie Wicked / L'Oreal Voluminous


Well my favorite cosmetic item is nail polish, so what nail polish color are you loving lately?

Amy:
I'm loving Taupe for fall. Essie’s Jazz is great!

Amy Ann:
I’m not super picky about brand, but I love a dark burgundy/wine color.


Okay, I'll try not to be superficial for a minute to wrap things up here. Instead of talking about your looks, tell me about your brain. What was your best subject in school?

Amy:
English, I love creative writing and reading books!

Amy Ann:
 I love math! I majored in it in college and taught high school briefly.


Any other last things people might be surprised to know about you?

Amy:
I would love to live in a big city one day and work in PR for a big fashion house. That might be obvious since I'm a style blogger! Another one is I don’t often tell people at my corporate job about my blog!

Amy Ann:
I am a giant introvert.

Gina:
Well on that note, we should definitely call it a day! I know a thing or two about introverts, and at this point you've probably had enough of my probing and prying questions and are ready to get back to peace and quiet!

* * *

Once again, I had a great time getting to know two more great ladies, seeing what they had in common, and getting a few fashion and beauty ideas from them along the way! Thanks to Amy and Amy Ann for playing along today and see you back on Friday!

Shop the Post:




Also linking up with:

CONVERSATION

26 comments:

  1. this is always such a fun read, I feel like Amy Ann and I have so much in common from the math, leopard and introvert thing. great post Gina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both these ladies have a beautiful sense of style! And who doesn't love buffalo plaid and leopard prints...fab!! As always, fun getting to know them more....I always enjoy reading these posts!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, love learning more about bloggers!! I adore Amy Ann and both these ladies have such amazing sense of style. Thanks for putting this together and sharing:)
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Gina! Even though I knew what I answered, it was really fun to see Amy's and how you put it all together. You are so clever. I love that you blamed others for the cami. Ha! Have a good day!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite series! I love Amy Ann's blog and will have to check out Amy's. They both have great style!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! That cocoon coat is so chic!

    Ellen | A Pop of Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so much fun, Gina! You do such a great job making it all seem fluid- as if all three of you are in a room together talking! Amy and Amy Ann are both great influencers! Awesome to pair them together!
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving post...I totally agree on the blame game here for the cami tops. Every time I look at your outfits, I want to grab so more cami lol. Love all these outfits here.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great inspiration! Thanks SO much for linking up with us today! xoxo

    -Elizabeth
    http://bookofleisure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved reading this!! I definitely do blame you for getting me hooked on to the racer back cami's!! Its gotten to a point of obsession now..I see it, I want it! Heh..love the leopard print jackets..I am pretty tempted to get one this season when sales hit the rack!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much fun! I absolutely love these posts. And your random pictures are always perfect. Where did you find the pictures of those t shirts?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had a lot of fun reading this post. Love getting to know other bloggers. You are right, these two fab ladies are perfectly made up and look great. I love Amy Ann's buffalo plaid outfit, one of my favorite of hers and Amy's tulle and polka dot button down combo is amazing! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  13. love these posts, so fun. I am loving that buffalo plaid shirt, I'm still too nervous to try plaid though. We'll see. AND OH HI PRIDE AND PREJUDICE lover let's be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know I love Amy Ann's style but I also love Amy's style too. I discovered her blog a couple years ago. She is so girly and cute and always has on the cutest hairstyles.

    Another great coffee date, Gina. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a fun series! I love Amy Ann's blog and can't wait to start reading Amy's. I love getting to know these women better. Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite movies also!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these posts! They're so thoughtful and such a fun read!

    xoxo Jenna @ sincerelyjennamarie
    PS- I'd love for you to stop by today to link up your favorite look of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love learning more about these babes- and how cute are they in the first shot? Buffalo plaid is the jam. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another great interview! You ask such fun questions which always elicit the best answers! So fun!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I already adore amy ann! Looks like ill have to check out the other amy aswell!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great comparisons and coffee talks! Love seeing everyone's different take on outfits!
    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. love love these little virtual "get together" posts of yours Gina!! they're always so entertaining and I love being able to get know what other bloggers feel/think about fashion and blogging! :) thanks yet again for another great post, I do dislike the fact though that I cannot stop thinking about buying something leopard now! lol!

    uris
    http://my-sinina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that these ladies not only share the same name, but also the same lust for leopard! I love Amy Ann! She's such a sweet person and her style is definitely inspiring! Both of these ladies have great style!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both lovely ladies. I went to check out their blog and I loved it! I would love to have a coffee date with you, looks and sounds fun.

    -Vogue&Heels

    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this post Gina! It's really good to have the opportunity as a new blogger to read what inspires other bloggers that you look up to. I'm guilty of calling Amy Ann, Amy...so sorry! Name preference noted :) Love the leopard skirt on Amy Ann and I also love the tulle skirt with red Kate Spade bag on Amy.

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love it! I am an introvert too and I loved this whole post so much but I love those shirts so much! Ha.

    Thanks for linking up at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday too!
    L,
    Vicky
    TheMummyChronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This was an awesome post. I actually follow both bloggers and this was a great opportunity to learn a little more about them. Thank you for sharing.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!