6/18/14

Style Snapshot: Kristin Cavallari

|
Once temperatures start creeping up this summer I just want to start dressing like a celebrity. For example Alessandra, Audrina, and Malin:


You know...tank tops, cutoff jean shorts, and flip flops. So summer, so simple.

Then US Magazine  had to go and remind me that even though Kristin Cavallari just had a baby a few weeks ago, she's still managing to get out the door looking cute and summery. Yeah, she probably has a nanny or someone to help with the kids while she gets ready. But that's beside the point here.

Ever since way back in her Laguna Beach days, Kristin has epitomized summer casual-cool style in my mind. And since we're on the brink of summer, it seems like a good time to break down some of her warm-weather looks.

Her outfit above looks as comfortable as tank tops and flip flops with just a little more style, and it was pretty simple to re-create a similar look with some pieces from mall stores (including Express, of course!).

Kristin Cavallari summer style


Top: Forever 21 /  Fedora: Forever 21  / Sandals: Sam Edelman Gigi / Bracelet: Express / Shorts: Express

Shop the Look:



And a lot of her looks from years past stand the test of time and still make for some fun summer style inspiration.


Casual Cutoffs:


Shorts Style:


Skirts & Dresses:


Daytime Style:
Kristin printed shorts set via Express

Sleeveless Portofino: Express / Printed Shorts: Express / Sandals: Express / Cuff Bracelet: Express

Shop the Look:




Night Out Style:
Kristin lace shorts set
Tank: Nordstrom / Lace Shorts: Express / Steve Madden Pumps: Nordstrom / Rhinestone Bangles:  Express

Shop the Look:



And finally I shopped my own closet to see if I could duplicate her style:
Tee: Express (Similar) / Cutoffs: DIY (Similar, Similar) / Sandals: Forever 21(Same in Black, Similar)

Shop the Look:



If you have a favorite celebrity (or blogger!) for summer style inspiration I'd love to hear about it. Kristin's style has given me some good ideas but I'm always looking for more ways to beat the heat and look decent in the summer.


Linking up with the following blogs:
Random Wednesday / I Feel Pretty / What I Wore Wednesday  / Whatcha Wearin' Wednesday /
Color Brigade / Mix & Match Fashion / Tres Chic Fashion  / Jacqueline & Elle / Third Thursday Threads
Fashion Friday / Marvelous Monday

CONVERSATION

23 comments:

  1. Ooo, so much that I love here!! The printed shorts and lace shorts from Express could definitely join my closet, thank you!! Also, really admiring your sandals from F21 in the last pic!! Agreed, Kristin seems to have a great Summer Style Sense...esp loving the cutoffs she tends to wear!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always had a girl crush on Kristin. I love her and love her style and now I also want to go watch my Laguna Beach DVDs! Love how effortlessly you recreated her style! I would rock everything in their entirety and I suddenly don't feel bad for only wanting to wear shorts all the time! Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love Kristin's style!! I would wear all of those outfits and you are rocking her look in that last pic!!
    Marta xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin is the ultimate Cali girl, she pulls off this style perfectly and how do you look like that after just having a baby AMAZING! I think Hillary Duff style is pretty cool as well, she's the queen of denim. I need to pin some of these.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved Kristin's style. She has great hair too - short or long. I do feel it's so unfair that some celebrities bounce right back after having babies but I guess if that's your job, you work hard at it. I really like her in the white maxi and jean jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love a long sleeved shirt with cut offs. Drooling over your sandals!
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always thought Kristin had great style! So many great options featured above... loving those printed shorts from Express!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh seriously everything she wears is so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristin has always had impeccable style! Thanks for sharing how to get looks similar to hers!


    xo, N
    www.natashasolae.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. She has a great sense of style! Love how easily you were able to recreate one of her outfits with your own wardrobe pieces :)

    I love how easy and effortless summer style is - wish it was warmer here! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristen has really pulled herself together these past 2 years. Her style has been evolving and I love it! Darn I love her body!

    Cheresa
    www.misshotcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristen can rock shorts like no other! I love her casual chic style! Your take on her look is spot on! Love those sandals!!

    Hope your having a great week!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristen has such great style! Love how you recreated her outfits! My favorite is yours with the gray tee and those amazing sandals!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kristen has such a great effortless style! I love her looks and how she puts everything together!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. we love kristin and her style! great outfits :)

    xo
    Brittani and Katie
    www.pleasantlypetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kristen has amazing style! I love the last black and white look, but all of them are great!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have always admired her effortless style. How do they always look amazing?! You're right, it is good to remember nanny, personal trainer, possibly a chef, etc. I want those printed shorts!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe she just had a baby! Crazy! I can assure everyone, including my husband, that won't be me after pregnancy ;) I've always loved her style. She has such a great body that anything would look perfect on her!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree- she is summer style! I love the casual and easy look you recreated too.

    Thanks for linking up at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!
    L,
    Vicky
    themummychronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not sure how I feel about KC personally (she's part of the cult of celebs doling out advice like she went to med school or something LOL!) However - I've always loved her style - her hair, her outfits, her figure - all perfect! So funny that you had such similar items in your wardrobe to recreate her outfit - right down to the sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I never noticed her too much before though I have seen that she looks cute most of the time. Now that you pointed it out though she has such cute, casual Mom style that I love. Very doable too which I adore. Love her in shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. ugh why does she always look so effortlessly amazing??

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gosh she's such a great dresser. Love this. All of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!