7/7/17

Outfit Recap 7/7/17

|
Happy Friday! It's been a great week of holiday fun and time well spent catching up with family and friends. I had some great visits in person, on the phone, and even some catch-up conversations via text. The older I get the more friends I make over the years, and it's hard to keep up with everyone as much as I'd like on any sort of quality level! But that's a good problem to have, so I can't complain. At any rate, here's a recap of what I wore this week, excluding the outfits I already shared on Monday and Wednesday.

Outfit Recap:

Camo Jacket, White Jean Shorts:
Jacket: Express | Tank: Target | Shorts: Abercrombie | Sandals: Target | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: c/o Amazon | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (Use code: onthedailyx for 10% off)

This jacket is currently 40% off, and while I do have another camo jacket, this one is much better suited to warm weather. It's very soft and lightweight...much more like a shirt than a jacket.  It runs true to size.

These shorts came highly recommended by Susan and as I'm writing this, they are marked down to $16! This is my first time trying any kind of shorts or pants from Abercrombie and I highly recommend them as well, especially at this price! The denim material is really soft, stretchy, and comfortable. The leg opening of these is wider than other similar brands I own (e.g. J. Crew Factory, Mossimo from Target), which is a plus if you have more muscular/curvy/athletic thighs. The reviews for the sizing on these were so confusing: one said they ran small, a few people said they ran large, and several said true to size. Ugh. I ordered my normal size and one size up just to make sure I got a good fit. Here's what I think: they do run a bit large. I purchased another pair of midi shorts from Abercrombie in the same size as these, and the white pair does fit bigger than even that pair from the same brand. And I think they fit a little looser than the same sizes in other brands. That said, I sometimes size UP in shorts to get a more relaxed fit that hits lower on the hips. But with these shorts, my normal size gave me the "one size up" look and fit. Size down if you want them slightly more fitted in the waist and thighs. (The extra space in mine is mostly in the waist area, which you cannot tell since I have a fitted top over the top.)

Navy Cami, Striped Espadrilles:
Cami: Banana Republic | Shorts: Target (Similar) | Necklace: Express | Shoes: c/o Amazon | Ring: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Bag: c/o AmazonBracelets: Charmed Stacks (Use code: onthedailyx for 10% off)

Sizes are going fast on this cami, but for reference this is a 0 Regular. I think it runs fairly similar to a size XS at Express. (Numeric sizes on tops are always a challenge for me!)  This top has a side zipper making it easier to get on and off than a standard cami, plus it allows for a more fitted look through the torso.  It comes in petite (with quite a few more sizes available in that option), which runs a little shorter and narrower per the Size Guide.

These shoes looked like a fun summer option that's completely different from anything else I own! They're pretty comfortable, and while I normally wear a 7.5 in shoes, I took a 7 in these (they don't come in 7.5) and they fit great. These come in 30 different colors, including some other cute prints, colors, and textures.

Striped Cold Shoulder Top:
Top: Charming Charlie | Shorts: Target (Similar) | Shoes: Dolce Vita c/o Amazon | Earrings: Kendra Scott | Bag: c/o Amazon | Watch: Fossil | Ring: Stella & Dot (Similar)

This top comes in sizes Small - XL. I think it runs true to size. I'm wearing a small and I typically wear an XS in Charming Charlie tops when that's available, but for this style of top the relaxed fit worked well. That said I don't think you need to size up if your normal size is available.

Top View:
Here's the top view for each of these outfits with a better look at shoes, bags, jewelry, and nails (more on that below!):

Camo Jacket, White Jean Shorts:
Jacket: Express | Tank: Target | Shorts: Abercrombie | Sandals: Target | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: c/o Amazon | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (Use code: onthedailyx for 10% off) | Ring: Express (Similar)

Navy Cami, Striped Espadrilles:
Cami: Banana Republic | Shorts: Target (Similar) | Necklace: Express | Shoes: c/o Amazon | Ring: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Bag: c/o Amazon |

Striped Cold Shoulder Top:
Top: Charming Charlie | Shorts: Target (Similar) | Shoes: Dolce Vita c/o Amazon | Earrings: Kendra Scott | Bag: c/o Amazon | Watch: Fossil | Ring: Stella & Dot (Similar)


Beauty Products:
I have good intentions of doing a Summer Nail Polish favorites post, but somehow I haven't gotten around to it. I guess it's because I'm spending time catching up with friends and family instead! But I thought rather than doing a full, separate post, I can just include some of my beauty products in my outfit recap, especially since some of these are particularly visible.

Top Row:
1. Sunless Tanner: I am just loving this sunless tanner this summer. It does have a color guide that transfers a little to white clothing if you get dressed shortly after application. However it washed out very easily. (But mostly I try to use it the day before I'm wearing white shorts rather than the day of!)

2. Nail Polish (Outfits 1 & 2): This is such a pretty pinkish-white (or whitish-pink? It's more white than pink). I do feel like it chips a little more easily than Essie or OPI polishes, but it's not terrible and I can deal with it for the color.

3. Nail Polish (Outfit 3): This a true white-out look nail polish. It takes 2-3 coats for an opaque look.

4. Quick Dry Top Coat: I usually do my nails at night (about an hour before I want to go to sleep) and apply this right after my final color coat of nail polish to speed up the drying process.

Bottom Row:
1. Pedicure Color: Essie "Jewel in the Crown." This was limited edition from last summer but one of the only pinkish colors that I can wear on my toes. It has some fuchsia/magenta tones in there that make it work for me. I can't find it in retail stores but it is available from on eBay.

2. Similar Pedicure Color: I compared my toes to this polish in store and they are almost identical. I don't feel like the color display on the stock bottles I showed above really does justice to the similarities of these colors. When my current color runs out I'll be getting this next!

3. Gel Top Coat: This top coat has made more difference in the lasting power of my manicures than any other product I've tried! After the Quick Dry top coat has completely set (usually overnight, but if I need to do it the same day I like to wait at least 2 hours), I apply one coat of this top coat. Although it's not labeled quick-dry, I do think it dries very fast and is fully set in 15-20 minutes.

And that's it from here! I have a full schedule of child-chauffeuring lined up during the day Saturday and Sunday, plus a little social grown-up gathering on Saturday night which involves a Rent the Runway dress so it should be fun and busy! See you all back on Monday!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. Love all your summer look and you weekend sounds busy and fun. I just hope to make it to the pool again. Have a great weekend.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all of the stripes! Your cold shoulder top is so pretty and those striped espadrilles are the cutest! Have the best weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a total camo fanatic! Love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving those fun lace up espadrilles! They are so cute! I have been wanting to get some new sunless tanner so I will have to check out your recommendation, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the camp jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great weekend. I'm not the best at keeping in touch because I always feel like I have to have an hour set aside to talk before I will call someone. I only recently realized that texts or shorts calls are just as good. On the fashion front, I really like the first and third options. The camo jacket is so cute and I love that off the shoulder sweater!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!