6/2/17

Outfit Recap 6/2/17

|
For the next couple of weeks (and possibly beyond depending on how this goes!) I am merging my weekend Outfit Recap posts into my Friday post. It's just a basic round up of recent outfits I've worn. I will try to offer just a little sizing info as well for pieces that are from newer-to me brands (because they might be new to you too) or if anything ran noticeably larger or smaller than average. So let's get to it!

Outfit Recap:
 

Black Striped Dress, Hot Pink Sandals:
Dress: c/o Tobi | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Current Silver/White Combo) | Sandals: Nordstrom | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (Contact shop owners for similar custom set!) | Bag: c/o Amazon

This dress is currently under $30 with code BC50! It also comes in white with black stripes, but I opted for black to be sure it wouldn't be see-through (and it's not at all). It's the perfect no-fuss summer dress! Even though the title of it says midi-dress, I didn't think it looked midi length even on the 5'9" model. And even on my height (5'4" it's almost knee length). This runs true-to-size, so I would order the same size dress you normally wear in typical mall stores like Express, Gap, etc. Also, the back scoops kind of deep, but I was still able to wear a regular (non-strapless) bra with this dress and it's completely covered.

Printed Off the Shoulder Top, Jean Shorts:
Top: c/o SheIn | Jean Shorts: Target (Similar) | Bag: c/o Fossil | Shoes: Amazon | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks | Ring: Express

Off-the-shoulder tops tend to be a bit fussy (constantly riding up the shoulders and generally not staying put), but I loved the print on this one enough to deal with it, and as far as OTS tops go, this one actually stays put pretty well. The elastic around the shoulders is stretchy but strong. SheIn tops do tend to run on the small side so I went up one size on this and am very happy with the fit. A lot of reviews for this top mentioned that it's not see through, and I agree with that as well. And you can't beat the $11 price tag!

Pink Bomber Jacket, Black Tee:
Jacket: Charming Charlie | Tee: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: c/o Amazon | Necklace: CCO (Gift, Similar)

This bomber jacket is very thin and lightweight, which is exactly what I want for summer layer. The color was a bit more saturated pink than I expected from the stock photo, but I didn't mind since I like wearing all shades of pink. It runs true to size but it doesn't have any stretch, so I do feel a little pull in the back when I move my arms forward. But I didn't want to size up and lose the overall fit through the body.

Here's the top view/Instagram view for each of these three outfits for a better look at the details:

Black Striped Dress, Hot Pink Sandals

Dress: c/o Tobi | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Current Silver/White Combo) | Sandals: Nordstrom | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (Contact shop owners for similar custom set!) | Bag: c/o Amazon

Printed Off the Shoulder Top, Jean Shorts:

Top: c/o SheIn | Jean Shorts: Target (Similar) | Bag: c/o Fossil | Shoes: Amazon | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks | Ring: Express

Pink Bomber Jacket, Black Tee:

Jacket: Charming Charlie | Tee: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: c/o Amazon | Necklace: CCO (Gift, Similar)

Enjoy your weekend and see you next week!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. I love all of these looks! That striped dress is so cute and a great summer staple! Enjoy your weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love you in dresses and I love your pink bomber, so cute.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the striped dress and pink sandals! All of these are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the SheIn top! The embroidery is so pretty! And the tank dress from Tobi is a great summer staple! I love getting pieces like that I can pair different colors with and totally change the look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love that off the shoulder top! And I'm LOLing a bit over here that you freed an arm for that top down pic! That's pretty genius!!! And that striped dress was made for you fo sho!
    Caryl | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!