6/16/17

Outfit Recap 6/16/17

|
Well, we survived our first week of summer break! And by "we"...I mostly mean my kids survived! I have never seen them more physically exhausted at the end of the day than I have this week thanks to their surfing camp. It was challenging but they loved it. (If you're local or just planning a trip to San Diego and interested you can check out the camp here.) As for me, I am going to continue with the format of posting my Outfit Recap/Outfit Singles on Friday (v.s Saturday). Three posts per week is helping me survive the blog-life balance issues and I am all about that. That said, let's get to the point with a review of what I wore this past week for some warm days and long commutes to and from camp!

Outfit Recap:


Peach Tee, Jean Shorts:
Tee: Abercrombie | Shorts: Nordstrom Rack (Similar) | Sandals: Sam Edelman | Necklace: Express | Bag: Amazon| Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (Use code: onthedailyx for 10% off!)

While I do think this tee runs true to size, I opted to size up for a more relaxed fit. Ironically it's called the "Relaxed Tee" but I didn't find the fit very relaxed. Maybe they meant that it's good for relaxing? Regardless, it's very comfy, only $10 and comes in a bunch of other colors, including a striped version I ordered that I'll be sharing here soon.

White Denim Jacket, Black Striped Skirt:
Jacket: 6pm | Tank: Target | Skirt: Express | Necklace: Stella & Dot | Shoes: Sam Edelman |
Bag: c/o Amazon |

I gave the full scoop on this white denim jacket in this recent post, but it does run true to size and has some good stretch to make it comfortable and easy to move in. I also opted to size up in this striped mini skirt to make the length and fit a little less revealing.

White Eyelet Cami, Black Jeans:
Cami: BR | Shorts: J Crew Factory | Necklace: Pictures on Gold (gift) | Bag: c/o Amazon | Sandals: c/o Amazon | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (Use code: onthedailyx for 10% off!)

I wore the blue version of this eyelet cami earlier this week (see it here), but I loved it so much I had to get both colors. It does run true to size, as do each of the other pieces shown here.

White Eyelet Cami, Black Shorts:
Cami: BR | Shorts: J Crew Factory | Necklace: Pictures on Gold (gift) | Bag: c/o Amazon | Sandals: Sam Edelman | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (Use code: onthedailyx for 10% off!)

This was a "half and half" day where I spent half the day in shorts and half the day in pants thanks to cool mornings and hot afternoons. I realize this outfit is 90% redundant to the previous version, but I try to share both options when I have them since I find my blog readers to be about half and half too! (Half need to wear pants for the majority their lifestyle, half relate to the more casual looks.)

White Tie Sleeve Blouse, Jeans:
Top: c/o SheIn | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Bag: Sole Society | Shoes: Amazon | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (Use code: onthedailyx for 10% off!)

This top is One Size which is a little risky, but I really don't have any short sleeve blouses, and I liked the fact that I wouldn't need to fuss with tucking it in since it has a crossover front. I also thought the tie detail on the shoulder was fun. It is a bit wide (which you can't tell with my arms down at my side like this) but I think it's just meant to be oversized/relaxed fit that way. It's also hard to tell from the photo with the white background but it does also go long in the back. (So...it's like a mullet top I guess? Short in the front, long in the back!)

* * *
It's Father's Day this weekend and I'm sure mine is going to be a little extra-emotional since it's my first without my dad (he passed away back in November). But I still have much to be grateful for, particularly the fact that my own children have a great father (a.k.a. my husband)! We have some fun activities planned with friends that I'm hoping will be a good distraction from the more difficult feelings of grief and loss. If you're in the same boat where Father's Day isn't exactly the happiest holiday for you for one reason or another, you'll be in my thoughts this weekend and I hope you can turn yours into Sunday Funday full of good distractions too!



Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. You have fabulous summer style and I love seeing you in short pieces because you have fab legs. You'll be in my thoughts this weekend, I hope you do have fun with you fam and friends.


    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be in my thoughts this weekend too Gina. So will Katie. I don't like Father's Day for my own reasons. On a happy note, I love these outfits! It's going to be so hot that shorts are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking about you this weekend! I hope you are able to enjoy spending time with your husband while you remember all the wonderful memories you had with your father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping this light and airy....
    Those denim shorts are great and I really love that grey bag! Looks like it's such a versatile color!!
    Caryl | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!