5/26/17

Express BIG Sale and Must-Haves

|
Memorial Day Weekend means great sales at just about every retailer, and Express is no exception. They often do a storewide 40% off for big holidays, but this year the discount varies by item and is actually up to 50% off for some really great items! In the past 50% off sales have been reserved for Black Friday only so this is a nice surprise!

I have a tradition of polling some of my friends who regularly shop at Express to see what they're thinking about getting during the sale so I don't feel like I missed out on anything once the sale is over. I also like to share the poll results with you all in case you feel the same way! The four ladies shown below (myself included) are sharing one current must-haves at Express along with three wishlist items, so read on to see the selections!

Clockwise from top: Gina Kristie | Rachelle | Erin (Thanks to Rachelle for creating this graphic!)

ERIN'S PICKS:

Current Must-have:
Camo Jacket (50% Off!)

I'm not sure if Erin remembers this, but last year Erin told me this was one piece from Express that I must try. I ended up buying it during the Memorial Day sale per her recommendation and am so glad I did! I have used it a lot more than I expected, and you can see one of my recent outfits with my camo jacket at the end of this post.

Wishlist:
Express Picks - E1
Black Cami (50% off) | Blue Lace Trim Cami (50% off) | Pom Pom Sandals (40% off)

If you follow both Erin and myself on Instagram, you can tell we have very similar styles and a lot of wardrobe overlap. I would probably have get the black lace cami for myself if I didn't already have a very similar one (see it here). I also have the blue lace trim cami (shown at the end of this post) and it's such a pretty piece for summer! The pom pom sandals are also adorable and fun way to try the trend.

RACHELLE'S PICKS:

Current Must-have:
Ribbed Sheer Midi Dress (40% off - comes in three colors)

This dress is extremely flattering on Rachelle (see her outfit with it here), and seems to flatter a lot of body types judging by all of the user-photos that have been uploaded in the product reviews!

Wishlist:
Express Picks - R2
Tie-Waist Shorts (30% off) | Short Sleeve Shirt Dress  (30% off) | Tie Shoulder Dress (40% off)

Rachelle always features a great mix of workwear and casual wear on her blog, and I think these selections are a good representation of that! The short sleeve pocket dress (which also comes in micro print looks like a classic piece that could easily work for office wear or more casual events. I love that it's summer-friendly without being too bare.

KRISTIE'S PICKS:

Current Must-Have:
Ruffle Dress (40% off - comes in four colors plus several prints)

You can see Kristie's try-on photos of this dress here, and it's such a fun, flirty style that will flatter almost everyone. I tried this on in black before my trip to Hawaii (see my fitting room photo at the end of this post), but decided it was too similar to the cami sundress I already had. But the new Papaya (shown above) would be gorgeous for summer.

Wishlist:
Express Picks - K3
Tiered Eyelet Cami Dress (40% off) | Gingham Dress (40% off) | Strapless Jumpsuit (40% off)

The gingham dress is the exact style of tie-shoulder dress that Rachelle chose, just a different print! I have a feeling those will both sell quickly during the sale so I wouldn't wait too long if you have your eye on one or your size will be gone!

GINA'S PICKS:


Current Must-Have:
Crossbody Bag (40% off, only $24)

I use this bag a lot more often than I blog about it because I mostly carry it at night (see one example at the end of this post). It's my go-to evening bag, but it works just as well for daytime events (bridal showers, girl's lunch etc.) where you don't want a huge bag. It's just the right size, holds quite a lot of stuff for how compact it is, and the grey is the perfect neutral. I also love the turnlock closure
because it's easy to open and shut but still keeps my stuff secured inside. They just added two more color options for it- Black and Cognac. I bought the black during a previous sale and may end up getting the cognac during this one because it's just so perfect!

Wishlist:
Express Picks - G4

You may know by now that I love jackets, and the color of this Military Parka is unlike any in my collection. It looks like a great lightweight summer jacket, plus it's the "Silky Twill" fabric which is so soft and comfortable! The 50% off price is means it's definitely going in my shopping cart. I adore the babydoll cami (which also comes in White), although I am concerned that the back looks very low so I don't even know if I could wear a strapless bra with it! So we will see how that one works out but it looks fun to layer or wear on its own. And I love that stripe one shoulder top! I love date night tops with long sleeves because I'm always cold at night, so this one looks great. I'm also hoping the "metallic" factor is subtle enough in person that it could work for day or evening, but again, TBD since I haven't seen it in person.

And last finally, here are a few of my own photos of some pieces previously mentioned in this post:

Good luck narrowing down your Memorial Day Sale selections! I will have an Outfit Recap up tomorrow and naturally, a lot of the pieces will be on sale. On Monday I'm hoping to share some of my favorites and/or purchases from Express (and possibly other retailers) so you have a chance to consider them for yourself before Memorial Day is officially over!

Shop the Post:


Linking up with:
 ErikaAndreaNarci | JoLynne 

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. Great recap I truly love that dress, it is so comfy.


    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great picks!!!!
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many cute picks! I love the ribbed midi dress and the metallic one shoulder top! Enjoy the long weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! You are tempting me with the striped baby doll cami! It's so pretty! And Rachelle's dress looks like a slam dunk! It's bitter sweet because I would love to shop but have zero time to even browse online. Maybe that's good for my wallet!! Ha!
    Caryl | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all such great items! I love the sandals and military parka!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!