4/5/17

Striped Skirt + Currently...April

|
This week has been a whirlwind so far! I taught my first dance/fitness class...something I've always wanted to try but never had the courage or opportunity! It's not a regular gig but the opportunity to "student teach" came up so I took it. And then I did more mundane things like get an oil change and continue to deal with the broken-washing-machine laundry situation (the replacement part for the repair is taking forever to get here). I was probably overdressed for my life in this outfit, but it was very comfortable and I liked it anyway, so I didn't mind being "dressy."
Jacket: Target | Tank: Target | Skirt: Express | Shoes: Lucky Brand | Necklace: J Crew (Gift, Similar) | Bag: Amazon | Ring: Kendra Scott (Budget Option) | I applied a fresh coat of the $11 self tanner I mentioned here on this day knowing I would wear a skirt, hence the reason my legs look so tan!)

Outfit Notes:
This Skirt was a purchase that was 100% enabled by Carylee. She bought it last year and I regretted not getting it after seeing all the ways she styled it. I especially love how easily it pairs with black tops since I have plenty of variations of those. When she posted this flatlay last week to announce that it was back in stock, I went for it. I also decided to use that same flatlay for my outfit inspiration since I loved it and already had similar pieces.

Carylee recommended sizing up for this skirt, so that's what I did. And I'm glad I took her advice because going one size up helps it sit a little lower on the hips (therefore look a little longer) plus not be quite as tight all over.

Everything else in this outfit is a repeat piece, and all of it ran true to size for me. I suppose I could even say the skirt runs true to size, it's just a matter personal preference on how you want it to fit.

Front View:

Shop the Look:


What's New April:
I love when bloggers do "Currently" type posts with random lists of things they're into lately because I always get fun ideas from them. I've accumulated a few new-to-me things as well so I'm linking up my list with Gretchen and Kristen on Thursday for What's New April!

New Toothpaste:
I shared this whitening toothpaste on my Instagram story, but in case you missed it, this is what I just purchased and am excited to try it out this month.

My niece Scarlet has been using it for a couple of weeks and I could already tell a difference in her before and after pictures. (Extreme teeth close-up photo coming right up!) The top picture is Scarlet's before picture, middle photo was taken 4 days later, then the bottom photo was after about a week and a half of total use of the toothpaste.

I took my "before" picture on Monday and I really didn't think my teeth looked bad, bit if I can get results similar to Scarlet I will be happy about that! I also like that it's just regular toothpaste with no extra steps. No trays, strips or extra time required. I paid $24 for mine (which included shipping) and bought it via my niece Cailey. Feel free to message her on Instagram if you are interested in trying it along with me!

New Laughs:
I honestly feel so guilty for laughing when I watch these videos. The victims of these pranks are gong through some major emotional turmoil. But my husband introduced me to them and I laughed so hard I cried. I really hope this doesn't give anyone ideas for trying these pranks on me, but if you are having a bad day and need a laugh, try either one of the following YouTube video links below. The shampoo prank is NSFW...people are showering at the beach and some bathing suits are very skimpy. The Scary Clown prank is NSFYK (Not Safe For Young Kids). It implies some graphic violence, even though there is no actual violence. I am really not making these sound funny at all and I'm sure they won't be to everyone's taste, but I haven't laughed this hard in a long time!

Clown Pranks Video

Shampoo Prank Video

New Podcast:
While I love my Audiobooks, the cost adds up quickly! I do the 2 Credits/Month Audible program and I don't want to spend more than that, so if I've finished both of my books I'll listed to podcasts instead. Rachelle told me about Hashtag Authentic, and I've enjoyed the few episodes I've heard so far. The descriptive tagline says "a podcast for creatives," but it's more specifically tips and techniques for authentic blog and Instagram growth, engagement, etc. Bonus points for this because the Podcaster (I hope that's the right word) has a very pleasant speaking voice and cute accent.

Currently on Sale:
Last but not least, Express currently has 30% off all office wear. It includes staples like Editor and Columnist Pants, Portofino Shirts, Pencil Skirts, and some of their dresses, shoes, and accessories that are more office-appropriate. And you can use a mailer coupons on top of 30% if you have one. Their tops go on sale quite often, but blazers don't go on sale quite as much so if you're thinking about getting one, this is a good time to make the purchase. Despite not having an office job, I still wear blazers quite often for school events (more on that in this post), date night, Engagement Parties/Baby Showers/Bridal Showers or any celebratory event of that sort. Here are a few ways I've worn my blazers from dressed up to dressed down!

Grey Blazer | Black Blazer | Seven other Colors of this Blazer Style: Here

Full details of my grey blazer outfit can be found in this post, but except for the blazers, none of the other pieces in my other two outfits are still in stock so I didn't link them. For those who like to know the sources regardless of availability, the jewelry and clothes all originally came from Express, my black shoes are DV "Safia" and my mint heels are Aldo "Grumney."

* * *

That's what's new around here this month! Have a great rest of your week and see you back here on Friday!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

21 comments:

  1. Congrats on teaching your first class! Your striped skirt is so cute and I love the outfit! That podcast sounds like a good one!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! It's a good Podcast for bloggers and free so you can't really go wrong!

      Delete
  2. Debating whether I'd wear a blazer much though they're tempting! And that podcast sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't my most frequently worn piece but I do really like at least having one (black) in my closet to easily dress up outfits. But like anything in fashion...they may not be for everyone!

      Delete
  3. That skirt looks amazing on you. I really want to watch those videos, but I"m at work. I need to remind myself to watch them early tomorrow morning at home but before the kids get up. Those before and after pictures are impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think you will get a laugh out of them based on your blog sense of humor! I'm sure not everyone will though. :)

      Delete
  4. I like to size up with skirts too so they sit lower. Otherwise many skirts I wouldn't be able to wear to work! That's a big difference with the toothpaste. I've heard of it, but haven't seen anyone's results yet. I am curious to know if it makes your teeth sensitive at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question, Laura! After three days I haven't noticed any but that doesn't say much. I chatted with my sister about it (she has been using it for 3 weeks) after I saw your question and she said she does not notice any sensitivity. Same goes for my niece Scarlet (her teeth are pictured above). She's been using it for two weeks now and hasn't had any problems with sensitivity. I'll keep you posted on my results as well!

      Delete
  5. First, I loooooove your outfit! That striped skirt is perfection on you and I love the overall styling too!
    Second, congrats on teaching a class! Let me know if you do that again because I'd love to join and I still have a pass or two for classes :)
    And last, I want to listen to that podcast because I'm all about growing my social media and blog in a very genuine way. Otherwise what's the point? Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think you will love the podcast. :) Let me know if you end up listening to it! I will definitely teach another class if the opportunity comes up (and would love to have you there!) so I will let you know if that happens.

      Delete
  6. I'm making a post about my favorite podcast and hashtag authentic will be for sure one of them. Love that skirt and I need to order that toothpaste already.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good!I Can't wait to get more recommendations from you! I honestly have no idea how to find good ones on my own!

      Delete
  7. I saw you rocking that dance class on Insta/Snap, lady! You killed it! ;)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome that you taught your first dance/fitness class
    -Kate
    http://www.katekoutures.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a big challenge but a great experience.

      Delete
  9. That skirt is so cute! I don't really like how ruched dresses or skirts look on me so I'll pass, but it looks so great on you. I can't wait to hear what you think about that toothpaste! I haven't heard of it before you but if it actually works that well I might have to pick some up :) Thanks for linking up with us! (ps i saw your video of you teaching and you did a great job!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen! And I am planning to take weekly progress pictures with the toothpaste. I'll probably post another update with them in 3-4 weeks. :)

      Delete
  10. ugh poor you and your washing machine :( that really sucks. hope the part comes in soon. and go you for teaching your class! you are so awesome. that skirt is super cute and looks great on you :) i am definitely intrigued by that toothpaste. audiobooks really do add up, i try to get them on sale or just try and go through them slowly haha as i only do the 1 credit a month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That skirt looks so great on you!! I'm glad you got it and it was worth the wait! And hooray for your first class! You know I can relate, and it's definitely a big deal, so yay you! One of these days I will get to see you dance live!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.co

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!