3/24/17

Grey V Neck Tee, Frayed Hem Jeans

|
I hope you all had a good week! I am hoping mine was filled with a lot of fun visiting and memory-making with my mom in town but since I'm preparing this in advance I suppose I can't say for sure! But that was the plan at least! I had a lot of rushed mornings prior to my mom's visit, and that meant I went for easy, basic outfits like this...with a hefty dose of jewelry to make me feel like I tried!

Outfit:
Tee: Nordstrom "Heather Pewter" | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Ring: Stella & Dot | Bracelets: c/o Charmed StacksNails: China Glaze "Let's Chalk About It"

Outfit Notes:

This t-shirt is one of my favorites for wearing on its own (as opposed to layering with a jacket or sweater) and I just recently wore the striped version of this style (see it here) in the same simple manner. As much as t-shirts are an easy basic, the right fit makes all the difference in the styling and the overall look of the outfit, and for me, these are just perfect on their own.

These jeans are also a favorite! I love the dark wash with slight distressing but no visible skin. (I try to stay away from too much distressing on my jeans because it embarrasses one of my kids. True story.) They're comfortable (like most Express jean leggings) but I also feel like they're extra slimming and give some nice shaping, which gives them about ten bonus points if we're keeping score.

Front View
Tee: Nordstrom "Heather Pewter" | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Ring: Stella & Dot | Bracelets: c/o Charmed StacksNails: China Glaze "Let's Chalk About It"

Friday Favorites: Blush Pink Bags for Spring
My blush pink satchel bag is probably my very favorite bag. Just a quick glance at my Instagram feed will show how often I use it. It just works well with a lot of my clothes, and of course I'm reaching for it even more often now that Spring is officially here. Just changing my bag and shoes makes it easy for me to make my basic outfits feel seasonally appropriate.

Since the exact color of my bag has been sold out for over a year, I'm always looking for similar options to share every time I show my bag on the blog. Right now there are quite a few options that would serve the same function as my bag at the same price point. I believe my bag was $40 originally, so all of the options below are $40 or less! Exact prices and retailers are listed for your convenience.

Blush Pink Bag on a Budget:
Blush Pink Bags on a Budget

Top RowTarget - $40 | Target  -$40

Bottom Row: Amazon - $33 | Amazon - $40 (Same brand as mine, also comes in a slightly more pink shade) | Amazon  - $33 (Same brand/style as my favorite grey satchel shown here)

* * *
This week was all about simplicity and basics in everything from my outfits to my posts! Next week should be a little more diverse so I hope to see you back then!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. Hope you are having a great time with your mom. Sometimes you just got to keep things simple, but really I love blush everything.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are enjoying your time with your mom! I have a couple of frayed hem jeans and love them, it's just a cute detail for something different! Your pink bag picks are all so chic.
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this simple palette. They pair great together and the blush bag options are awesome! you always wear yours so well!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty color palette! I haven't bought a new bag in ages and I'm tempted by all of the blush bags! Hope you are having a fun time with your mom!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are enjoying your time with your mom. I have thought about a blush bag - I typically stick with black - but I need a change.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have had a wonderful time with your mom! Loving the grey tee. Those pink bags are so fun. I have one from last year I am excited about using again.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a wonderful time with mom! I love easy tops like that. They go with everything and drape perfectly. I wish they weren't so hard to find!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!