3/20/17

Grey Cozy Cover Up + Monday Motivation

|
This week I'm getting ready for my mom to come to town and spend some quality time with my family, and in the interest of being fully present with her time here, I'm planning to keep my blog posts on the short side this week. So let's just dive right in with today's outfit!

Outfit: 
Sweater/Jacket: Express | Cami: Express (White Sold Out, Similar) | Jeans: Express | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Gold/Gunmetal) | Ring: Stella & Dot | Watch: Fossil

Outfit Notes:

This is my second time posting this grey jacket/sweater-thing, and I still struggle with what to call it. They label and categorize it as a jacket but I just can't get on board with that! It's not structured enough and doesn't have any buttons or zippers for closure. But regardless of the name, it's incredibly comfortable and I throw it on as lounge wear all the time (but I don't bother to post those non-outfits on the blog!). I've also shown how I wear it as a cover-up over fitness apparel (see it here in my All Things Fitness reference post), but I wanted to try wearing it as part of a normal outfit and I was happy with how it worked out!

My eco-friendly jeans are a new favorite and I really love the light wash for Spring. They run true to size, and I posted three additional outfits with these here.

And finally, my no-fail white Barcelona cami! When in doubt, I can always make an outfit with this cami plus pretty much any jacket or cardigan I own and some jeans. I have a round-up of twelve outfits for all four seasons with this piece in this post.

Front View: 
Sweater/Jacket: Express | Cami: Express (White Sold Out, Similar) | Jeans: Express | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Gold/Gunmetal) | Ring: Stella & Dot | Watch: Fossil (Similar)


Monday Motivation: Priorities

When my blogging friends are going through a tough time in life or just have a little too much on their plate due to one circumstance or another, I am the first one to tell them not to stress themselves out so much over missing a post here and there. The blog will be there when they get back, their followers won't shun them over a couple of missed days, most people are very understanding that life can get a little hectic at times, etc. I don't think any readers have ever been unable to carry on with their day due to the lack of a post from a particular blogger. And yet when it comes to my own blog, I have a hard time taking my own advice and keeping this perspective!

Something that really hit home with me when I read The 5 Love Languages recently was the importance of giving loved ones our undivided attention, not just, "I'm listening while I look at photos on Instagram/fold laundry/wash dishes, etc." As I mentioned in the intro, my mom will be in town visiting this week and I really want to make quality time with her my top priority. For me to do that, blogging and social media simply have to take a backseat and be a bit less consistent. So all that is to say I'm more motivated to be a good daughter this week than to be a good blogger, so I appreciate your understanding as I try to keep my life priorities in order!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

12 comments:

  1. That is so true and you will never regret taking the time to spend quality time with your mom, so have fun wit her. Also love this classic look.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true! I actually really related to your post this morning! I took off months of blogging. It was only suppose to be a few days but life did get in the way and I regret it because I got the opportunity to spend a lot of quality time with my family. When I came back, it was like I never left. I got right back in and my followers still remained! Everyone adjusts! Have a great time with your mom!!

    Love that sweater jacket btw!

    Xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never know what to call those things either, but I love them and yours looks great on you. Enjoy your time and your mother. We'll be waiting when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! Your readers will understand and be there for you! Enjoy your time with your Mom!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time with your mom! When I can't blog, I do feel out of whack. Partially because I feel like I've committed to providing content and if I can't post it reflects poorly on my integrity! How dramatic is that! I know it's really our own commitment to ourselves and it's ok if we have to break that schedule sometimes! Especially for family! And that cover up does look extra cozy!!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean about priorities! But I am slowly getting better. I've realized sometimes I just need to put things off a few days or have one less post that week. I am not ever going to regret spending time with family, but I might regret missing something with family if it was because of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with those eco friendly jeans! Enjoy time with your mom this week! I should take your advice with my kids being home on Spring break this week. It seems you could fill your entire day up easily with blogging responsibilities, which is sad if you think about it!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree with this! I've been struggling with wanting to blog lately. Some weeks I really can't bring myself to do it, so I don't lol. I have always said that if I don't think it's fun, I won't do it. I still enjoy blogging overall and don't want to stop but other things are taking priority. Enjoy your time with your mom this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true! I hope you and your mom have so fun things planned. I took a few months off to make myself a priority and it was the best thing I could have done. It's so funny the pressure we impose on ourselves. A week really doesn't make a difference especially when compared to family time. Have fun with your mom!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES to your last paragraph! Nothing is better than family/friends time, and you can't do that and stare at your phone at the same time. Hope you have a wonderful time and make some great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am with you, i always say to people not to apologise or care if they need to skip out on blogging. yet i feel crazy guilty right now even though i don't feel like i have anything to talk about anyway. no win situation. but i would never judge anyone for wanting to spend time with their mom :) i hope you had a great time with her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!