3/8/17

Denim Jacket Spring Outfit + Barcelona Cami 40% Off Sale

|
Today's outfit is a typical example of my, "no need to re-invent the wheel" style where I took an outfit I wore this winter and made some slight changes to make it work for a warmer Spring-like day. Some days I'm excited to style a new piece, other days I just want a convenient outfit without a lot of trial and error and this was one of those days. You can see my winter version of this outfit here where

Denim Jacket, Black Mott & Bow Jeans:
Jacket: Nordstrom | Tee: Nordstrom | Jeans: c/o Mott & Bow | Shoes: Sole Society (Option) | Bag: Amazon (Similar)   | Ring: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Necklace: Kendra Scott

Outfit Notes:
You can see the winter version of this outfit here where I opted for more casual leggings and boots, plus a long sleeve tee for more warmth.

This light wash denim jacket was a splurge purchase that I haven't regretted for a minute since I've used this piece for all four seasons. If I could find a dark version of this jacket with similar distressing I'd be all over it.

These jeans were first posted here, and I have to say they are growing on me with each wear. I just think they are very flattering and I love the way they shape my figure and hold their shape all day. I had not heard of Mott & Bow when they first reached out to me to try their jeans, but since they had a pair in stock that was exactly what I wanted (Mid-Rise, Black, distressing at the knees only), I was excited to give them a try. I did own a pair from Express that look similar to this but they were high rise and over time I've decided high rise is really not for me. So I wanted these to replace that pair. These ran true to size, so corresponding with Express sizing, it would be 24=00,  25=0, 26=2, etc. That said, they fit a bit more like the Extreme Stretch Jean Leggings at Express than regular jean leggings (in other words, they fit a bit tighter and have more of a shapewear-feel than a comfy-leggings feel). These are a bit more pricey than my usual Express jeans, but I can see myself purchasing another pair from this brand if I'm in this situation again where I can't find what I want at Express and they happen to have it.

Front View:

Shop the Look:



40% off Barcelona Camis
I have to tell you all...I'm starting to get a little nervous about the fate of one of my wardrobe staples...The Barcelona Cami. They used to be available in every print and color option that Express carried. Now...it's down to just the very basics of black, white and stripes and some scattered sizes in a couple of print options. To top it off, all of them are on a very discreet 40% off sale and I'm wondering if they're going to disappear entirely once the inventory is depleted? Or maybe they will just make it a basic staple that they only offer in basic colors (like they do with work wear blazers)? I do hope they at least keep the basic colors because those are my very favorite and mine may need replacing someday!

I dug through some of my past outfits to get some Spring-Friendly Barcelona Cami outfit inspiration with just the basic colors. Since these outfits are "old" by fashion standards, many other pieces shown are no longer available. I knew of a few similar options so those are linked below, but if I didn't know of one I didn't go searching because that's one of the rabbit holes of blogging I don't like to go down!

Cami: ExpressJacket: BB Dakota (Identical from Same Brand) | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Necklace: Amazon | Bag: Amazon

Cami: Express (mine does not have the lace back but otherwise these are identical) | Jacket: Express (Similar) | Necklace: Old Navy | Jeans: Express | Sunglasses: Forever 21 | Shoes: Target | Watch: Fossil

Cami: Express | Sweater: Express (Similar) | Necklace: Express | Jeans: Express | Bag: c/o Fossil | Ring: Kendra Scott | Watch: Fossil | Shoes: Sole Society

Front View:

I've never forgotten my frustration when my favorite Vidal Sassoon hair spray was discontinued around the year 2000. To this day I still have to use two different kinds of hair spray to work like that one did! I'm really hoping this cami doesn't end up the same way because I'm definitely not wearing two camis to replace this one!

Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

8 comments:

  1. love the wash of this jacket and for the barcelona cami I do hope they at least keep the basic colors.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing the striped cami with the lace back. It's so cute! And I love how those black jeans are perfectly distressed. I am all for pants that hold their shape all day. There is nothing worse than tugging them up from lunch time onwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a new denim jacket for spring - love the wash of yours! Those barcelona cami's are such a staple - I hope that they will keep them!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those jeans, they look perfect on you! I like the slight distress;) I've been reaching for two of my camis recently, especially the striped version you're wearing above. I think that one is my favorite of all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that light wash denim jacket! Bummer that the xs is out of stock :( Really like those black skinnies!

    Hope you are doing well Gina <3

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally bought a Barcelona cami because of this crazy sale (and all your posts, thanks! :D)! $15 was too good of a deal to pass up. I did think it was crazy how few options were available, but at least black is still there! And the striped/lace one is way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha!! I LOLd at your hairspray discontinued story. Perfect analogy though! You definitely wear the Barcelona so well! And those jeans are fab on you! You make me want to try them!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!