3/22/17

Blush Cardigan + Black Skirt

|
As promised on Monday (to myself, mostly!), just another simple outfit post today. I'm scheduling this one several days in advance, and judging by the forecast, by the time this post goes live this outfit won't make a lot of sense for the predicted rain. But it was 80° and sunny when I wore it so I promise it did make sense in real life at the time!

Cardigan: Target "Light Purple" | Tank: Target | Necklace: Kendra Scott "Gold Gunmetal" | Bag: Amazon | Shoes: Amazon | Skirt: Express (SimilarLonger Similar Style) | Sunless Tan: Amazon

This is my second time wearing this cardigan from Target (previously shown here) and it really is the perfect weight for warmer days. I have a feeling I'll be using it often in the summer. I kept the color scheme for my outfit very similar to the last time I wore it (even using the same bag and necklace) but what can I say? I just like these colors together!

And yes I did just wear this skirt last week. I guess I'm making up for lost time from all the long winter months this skirt sat in my closet unworn. It's been a great addition to my closet, and I would like to add a couple of other colors in a similar (soft, comfortable, not too long or too short) style, but that is easier said than done. This one from Gap still looks to be the closest current option to mine, although a bit longer which might not be a bad thing.  The light grey option would have worked nicely with this outfit as well, so I think it's just a matter of time before I order that one. [Updated to add: Rachelle just let me know this morning about another very similar option from H&M. This actually looks more similar to mine than the Gap version. It's only $12.99 and comes in black and grey!]

My grey satchel has also been getting lots of use since it's such a great neutral and a great medium size. The shipping time was a full two weeks, so not short by any means, but worth the wait, especially considering it's only $33.

Since we've had consistently warm weather for a couple of weeks, I also started incorporating this $14 sunless tanner into my routine for a bit more color on my legs. I use Jergens Natural Glow year round, but when I know I'll have more skin on display, I add this one in about twice a week for a darker "tan."

Front View:
Cardigan: Target "Light Purple" | Tank: Target | Necklace: Kendra Scott "Gold Gunmetal" | Bag: Amazon | Shoes: Amazon | Skirt: Express (Similar) | Sunless Tan: Amazon

As a quick update on my dress reviews last week, when I got both of the Old Navy dresses in my size...they were still just a bit too much on my frame. I felt like the navy floral option fit a bit smaller than either the black or white. So I guess Dress Quest 2017 will continue on, hopefully with some eventual success!

Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

11 comments:

  1. I saw a dupe of that skirt somewhere in several colors and now I can't remember where. But I know it's out there and it wasn't from Gap.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful outfit. I love everything about it. I have a feeling Express is going to come out with a few dresses soon and they'll look perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty look! That skirt is so cute and I love your bag!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore this cardigan! I feel like the color is so perfect for spring! I actually just picked it up last week at target as well! Love how you have styled it!

    Julie | https://scorseofstyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun spring look! All my short skirts and dresses have been hibernating too long! Time to come out and play!

    Alexis ~ Flex into Fashions ~ http://mrsflexkavana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you like the microblading you had done on your eyebrows? Can you update us?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! My appointment for microblading is next Friday, the very last day of March. :) I will try to post some Insta-story updates on the day I do it, then I'll update on the blog either the Wednesday or Friday following the appointment (so April 5 or 7).

      Delete
  7. I love that skirt! It works well for dressing up or down and looks fabulous on you! I can see why you'd like a few more colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same tank in black and have been wearing it throughout my two pregnancies and not giving it up! And I need to get a white one too! It's SO soft and stretchy and thick enough... who cares that it's supposedly for maternity ����

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fabulous! Quite possibly my favorite outfit of yours to date! And that says a lot because I love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love the color of that cardigan, so pretty! And there's my favorite KS necklace <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!