Gap | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: J Crew (Gift, Similar) | Boots: Amazon | Ring: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Nails: Essie Devil's Advocate
There were no surprises in terms of fabric or fit for this sweater. It ran true-to-size and is a good medium-weight fabric that will work for several seasons of the year. Not too thin, not too heavy.
This cami is a wardrobe staple that I talk about and wear ad nauseum (although they did have a good Winter Break when it was too cold even as a layer!). You can find lots of other ways I've worn this by selecting "Barcelona Cami" from the drop down menu under Categories at the top of my page. New colors and prints come out every season, so my exact shade of pink is from a 1-2 years ago, but they still carry a current blush option that's almost identical.
Buying vs. Banned:
I am always trying to be strategic with my clothing/accessory purchases, and although I've never found the discipline to do a full, self-imposed shopping ban, I've had better luck at analyzing my closet and banning specific categories where I can convince myself I have enough options for the time being. I'm sharing my list here to keep myself accountable and focused for the rest of Winter:
- Necklaces: My necklace holders are overflowing (see all of my jewelry storage supplies here) and I am quite content with my options now. If I want to buy any more I need to get rid of a few first!
- Warm Winter Clothes: Even if we have a few more cold spells here and there I am well equipped with what I already own.
- Button-Down Shirts: Between my Portofino Shirts, Plaid Shirts, Chambray Shirts and miscellaneous other shirts, I think I'm set here for now.
- Jeans: I do want to add one pair of lighter wash jeans to my closet (and I recently ordered a pair to fit that bill that I'm hoping will work), but once I fill that spot I don't need to add any more for awhile.
- Satchel-Style Handbags: While I do love this style of bag, they take up a lot of space in my closet. I'm content with my color options now. Not to mention I'm favoring crossbody bags lately, so it just doesn't make sense for me to buy any right now. (I did order a light grey one awhile back, so when that starts showing up on the blog just know I ordered it well before I wrote this!)
- Winter-Friendly Boots: Whether it's ankle boots, riding boots, over-the-knee boots etc., I don't need any more for Winter.
- Crossbody Bags: Since I've been reaching for my crossbody bags more often lately, I could stand to replace a couple of my older, worn-out options with something current.
- Earrings: Luckily I'm not out of storage space for these, and I do want to upgrade my current collection.
- Spring Shoes: I need to sort through what I already own before I make any purchases in this department, but I love what I've been seeing of the shoe styles for this coming Spring/Summer!
- Throw-and-go Spring Tops: I would love more options like the top I wore in this post (and in another outfit here). It's soft, comfortable, easy to grab-and-go, but it has some details that make it look like more than just a simple t-shirt.
If you do the same type of analysis, I'd love to hear what categories you're still buying vs. which purchases you've banned!