2/24/17

Eco-Friendly Jeans 3 Ways

|
This week felt like Spring Break because the kids were off school for President's Day on Monday and the entire the rest of the week for Mid-Winter Break! We took a mini-trip/Staycation to Catalina Island and I shared the highlights of that on my Instagram Stories, so follow along there if you're interested in family life and travel updates of that variety. For Friday Favorites today, there are a couple of pieces in this outfit that are my current favorites, so here's a breakdown with additional details on fit and previous ways I've worn my favorite pieces.

Sweater: Gap | Cami: Express (Exact Style) | Short Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Long Necklace: Kendra Scott | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sole Society (Exact Style) | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Ring: c/o Kendra Scott (Daisy Ring with Iridescent Drusy from the Color Bar) | Nails: Sally Hansen "Creme de la Creme"

This cardigan is a favorite of mine for Spring weather. It's just the right medium weight to keep me warm in the cool mornings but not too hot for sunny afternoons. And the light grey stripes make it easy to pair with almost any color. You can see the last time I wore it here. It also comes in a navy/white stripe combo, which I think is really cute as well but I felt like I wouldn't be able to style it as many ways with my current wardrobe. I also have the olive version of this same sweater, which you can see in the first outfit of this post). The striped and solid versions are under different product listings but now that I have both I can verify that they are the exact same product (fit, fabric, etc.) just different listings.

My cami and shoes are both still available, but not in the exact colors I'm wearing. But they both have similar current color options or something that would work to create a very similar outfit. The shoes run a smidge big and I added these gel toe pads to help with that and give a little extra comfort. I was afraid to size down because with pointed toes, even a smidge too small can make them miserably uncomfortable. (Side note: my spell check is telling me smidge is not a word. I disagree!)

These jeans have been on repeat since I got them, and I get to feel like I'm really doing something good for the environment when I wear them since they're from the Eco-Friendly line at Express. Every pair is made from at least two recycled water bottles! They run true-to-size for me (and at 5'4" I always take the Short length), hold their shape throughout the day and with laundering. I'll show each of the other ways I've worn these after the front view of today's outfit. (Also, if you hurry to @kristikay__  this morning and check out her Instagram story before it expires, you can see her try-on photo of these exact jeans. She also gives a back view, which would seal the deal for me if I didn't already have these!)

Front View:

Shop the Look:

Three ways I've worn these jeans this month:
All details for each outfit: One | Two (Above) | Three

It feels a little strange that it's already the weekend again since my entire week felt like an extended weekend, but I'm not complaining! A few extra days of quality family time and a less hectic schedule are just what I needed. As for this coming weekend, I'm enjoying my current read "Before the Fall" by Noah Hawley (recommended by Kristi) and hoping I can finish it up this weekend since I can't wait to see how it ties together in the end. See you back here tomorrow for my weekly Outfit Singles and then again Monday for a Motivation update!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. Love this light cardi, I'm trying to not buy any new ones but this one is tempting me.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your striped cardi is so cute! I love that Express is making eco-friendly jeans! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those jeans! I like how the distressed parts aren't completely cut out so it seems more sophisticated but still fun. Your trip looked amazing! Not sure if you've read it yet, but I think you would love the book Good As Gone. I just finished it and it was SO GOOD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation!! Haven't read that yet so I'm adding it to my list! And yeah...I feel more comfortable lately with jeans that aren't too cut-out so these are perfect for me. :)

      Delete
  4. Sad because I missed Kristi's IG stories! The wash on these jeans is really good! And I loved watching your staycation adventures!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to try those jeans on in store because they are just the right shade for spring and just the right amount of distressing! I am loving your grey striped cardigan too. The colors made it so versatile! You can't beat a good cardigan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!