2/3/17

Easy Neutral Basics + Favorite Beverages

|
Super Bowl weekend is upon us and once again, I'm more interested in the commercials and half time show this year than I am the actual game! I don't have any ties to Atlanta or New England, but I'm planning to watch the show (notice I didn't say "the game") with some friends anyway just for fun. Plus, I have a feeling Lady Gaga will do something outrageous in her act and I don't want to miss it. At this point I have no idea what I'll wear to the party, but this outfit I wore this week might be a good fit since it's entirely neutral, just like my feelings on the outcome of the game.

Sweater: Target | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express (Current) | Boots: Lucky Brand | Necklace: Express | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks (Inventory varies but contact shop owners for a custom/similar style) | Bag: Amazon | Nails: OPI "Let's Be Friends"

Outfit Notes:

My friend Skye told me about this cardigan last summer, but at first it was too hot to wear it, then suddenly too cold! It is a lighter weight piece, and best suited for mild days in the low to mid 70s. So it will probably be on repeat this Spring when that's a more common occurrence. You can see the first time I wore it in Outfit Seven in this post. It runs true-to-size for Womens' sizing and I wore the same size as I do in Express sweaters.

For no particular reason I find myself favoring crossbody style bags lately, and since I liked the black version of this bag so much (see the black version here), I wanted to get the burgundy as well. Unfortunately I think the burgundy version is darker in person than online and it looks almost black! It does have gold hardware vs. silver hardware on the black version, but aside from that I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't give the burgundy look I wanted, even though I love everything else about it. I probably should have returned it, but too late for that now!

Front View:

Shop the Look:


Favorite Beverages Lately:
For Friday Favorites today I'm sharing a few things I'm pouring in my cup lately. I hardly go anywhere around my house or around town without some kind of drink in my hand, so here's what I'm loving lately:

1. Starbucks Favorites:
Image via Starbucks

Personally, I'm a much bigger fan of Starbucks cold beverages better than any of their hot versions. If I'm in the mood for tea, I'll get their Iced Peach Green Tea or Mango Black Tea. If I'm craving iced coffee, I'll order an Iced Vanilla Latte, Iced Coffee with Toffee Nut Syrup, or an Iced Coffee with White Mocha if I feel like indulging a little.

2. Green Tea:
Kirkland Green Tea via Amazon

Winter is really the only season when I drink hot tea, and this Kirkland Green Tea is my favorite. I enjoy the taste even without any add-ins, and that's rarely the case for me with coffee or tea. Also, I'm sure most of you recognize Kirkland as a Costco brand, and actually I don't have a Costco membership, but this is sold on Amazon so that's where I purchase mine.

3. Coffee at Home:
Hamilton Beach Brewstation via Amazon

Am I the only blogger left who doesn't use a Keurig? I don't know, I'm just not convinced that it's better than my Brewstation! I don't like having a carafe to clean (or break, which I always did until I got this), so this is the perfect coffee maker for me because it has a timer (so the coffee is already made once I wake up) and I can brew my daily supply all at once.

As for what brand I brew and what else goes in my cup...

I try to go mostly Organic. I won't even try to convince myself or anyone else that adding cream and sugar is healthy by any means, but somehow Organic makes me feel better about it. I buy Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Organic (pre-ground) beans (I get this at Target, usually on the bottom shelf of the coffee section), Trader Joe's Organic Cane Sugar, and Horizon Organics Creamer in French Vanilla or regular Half & Half. From Pumpkin Spice through Peppermint Latte season, I indulge in very non-organic flavored creamers but then I go back to "normal" after the new year.

It looks like I put these drinks in reverse order, because I usually start my day with hot drinks and switch to cold in the afternoon! But regardless, those are my top three drinks lately. If you have any favorites along these lines that I really ought to try, let me know!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

17 comments:

  1. I have a keurig but only because I was gifted one, that brewstation looks amazing. I'm realizing how boring my beverages are I only drink 3 things, coffee I make at home, water and kombucha, on weekends sometime I have wine. I also I found a great non dairy creamer, shared a link in today's post I officially don't miss regular creamer.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on the lookout for your new favorite creamer to try but so far I haven't seen it here in stores!

      Delete
  2. I don't have a Keurig either. We have a basic coffee maker but I think I'd get something like your brew station if we needed to get a new one. I love your layered necklaces - so pretty!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill and good luck if you get a Brewstation! I love mine.

      Delete
  3. The Keurig works well for us because we are one-cup drinkers and always had a lot of waste with a regular coffee maker. The convenience is great!! I was at my inlaws and asked for a cup of coffee. But then it didn't make sense to make a pot just for me so they made a full pot and I had to wait 20 minutes for my coffee and I thought I would die! I kid I kid. I also realize everyone's coffee makers are different (and likely brew fast) but the moral of the story is that Keurigs are great for my laziness and impatience! :) Ok as for Starbucks drinks- I totally agree about the colder ones being the best! A cold skinny vanilla latte is my first choice!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely understand how a Keurig makes more sense for different people/different situations! I actually think you're the person who got me drinking iced vanilla lattes as Starbucks (I was just doing Iced Vanilla Coffee prior to knowing you) so thanks for that!

      Delete
  4. I'm not a coffee person but I love drinking tea! As a splurge, I like Starbucks Green Tea Frappucino with raspberry syrup when it's hot out! My husband loves his Keurig but since he is the only coffee drinker he can make his one cup without extra going to waste which is nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will have to try that Green Tea frappuccino! That sounds delicious and refreshing!

      Delete
  5. I have to admit that I prefer Starbucks cold coffees over their hot ones. I also like their bottled Frappuccinos and I always grab the vanilla one as a treat for myself when I grocery shop (hey, something has to get me through it!). We lost our football team here in STL (The Rams), so kind of bummed this year about that!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the bottled Frappuccinos are good! I'll get those now and again too...especially the Light Vanilla one just so it's not a total calorie bomb. And we lost our football team to Los Angeles too, so I know how that goes!

      Delete
  6. I have a Keurig, but I never use it. I never found pods that I liked more than my cup from my local coffee shop. On a fashion note, I love your layered necklaces!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind Keurig coffee at all when I've had it other places. I just prefer to brew more than 1 cup at a time!

      Delete
  7. Love the cardigan! Last year I wasn't into them but this year I'm all about them! Especially longer ones. I'll be with Katie on Sunday so I bet we will go to a bar that has the game on. I don't have any interest in football but any excuse for a party! And I love lady Gaga :) oh, I'm way more into cold drinks than hot too at Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had fun with Katie! And yes, I'm definitely more into cardigans the last couple of years. I still love my jackets but it's nice to have options.

      Delete
  8. I just tried the Cascara latte from starbucks and it's AMAZING. I haven't been impressed with their drinks since I got a Nespresso and find that coffee incredible, but that drink is my new obsession. It has a slight cherry taste, but is so smooth and sweet (but not too much!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I took your advice and tried the Cascara latte this weekend and I liked it! Although I did get it iced...I chickened out on hot at the last minute but that will be the next hot drink I try there.

      Delete
  9. i did not watch the game or the show at all lol. i played the sims while KC watched. super exciting stuff, i know :)
    we had a Keurig for about a week (it was gifted to us) and we gave it to someone else. i don't drink coffee but i do love hot chocolate and the like.. but i don't drink them everyday! and when we had it i was like drinking them every 5 minutes because it was so fun. haha. i know you can do tea as well, but i prefer to make my tea myself. KC has an espresso machine and he loves it... and i've broken the carafe thingy twice. i've now taken to storing a spare or three so he doesn't know when i break them. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!