1/27/17

The Warmest Sweater

|
Well the rain is finally clearing up around here but it has still been pretty chilly (for us...) so I'm still on a mission to wear all of my warmest clothes before the temperatures rise again. This striped sweater is the single warmest sweater I own, making it one of my winter wardrobe favorites, and it's currently an extra 60% off with no code needed.

Sweater: LOFT | Tee: Nordstrom | Jeans: Express | Boots: Express (Similar) | Short Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: Stella & Dot | Ring: Nordstrom | Bag: Amazon

Outfit Notes:
I first shared this sweater in this post and went over details about the fabric and fit there so I'll just direct you there rather than repeat too much here. I am wearing an XS in this sweater which is what I normally wear in Express tops and jackets. It is just a bit oversized but not enough to warrant sizing down in my opinion.

Front View: 

Shop the Look:


On the day that I wore this sweater, I ended up changing up outfits mid-day. I wanted "real pants" for some meetings at school, but then when I was back home just doing laundry, homework help, and driving kids to/from activities I changed into leggings. That meant I had to switch tops, too, but I kept everything else the same, and here's how that came together:

Sweater: LOFT | Top: Gap (White Sold Out, Option) | Leggings: Express | Boots: Express (Similar) | Short Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: Stella & Dot | Ring: Nordstrom | Bag: Amazon

Front View:

And just for good measure, here's a look at all three ways I've worn this sweater:

Friday Favorites:
On Wednesday I shared some book reviews, what's new with me stuff etc., but there's one other thing I've been doing lately that's somewhat new-to-me and that's watching YouTube. I mean, I've watched Carpool Karaoke or the occasional funny cat video in the past, but I've never really gotten into watching YouTube vloggers that share fashion, beauty etc. other than looking up a review for a certain item or a specific tutorial, like how to apply false eyelashes.

That said, I do have a favorite YouTube vlogger now, and I think that most people who read my blog as well will probably like her channel. She's a somewhat new vlogger, but I have "known" her via the Internet for almost 20 years from various women's fitness/beauty/fashion message boards. She's actually the one person who convinced me (way back when I was pregnant with my first child) that I could switch to home workouts from the gym and still stay in shape, because she had gotten in such great shape from home workouts after her first child!

Her name/YouTube Channel is Stephanie Marie, and here's an overview of some of her videos.


She does a lot of beauty product videos, although my personal favorites are things like her Fragrance Collection, Home Tour, Stitch Fix Unboxing and Try-On, and of course, the story of how she was on an Fitness Infomercial since that's one of the ways she inspired me way back when. Her Q&A (Part One and Part Two) are a great way to get to know her. She has a really relaxed, friendly manner that just makes me feel like I'm hanging out with a friend when I'm watching her videos, and all of her hair/makeup/clothing choices are very realistic for everyday life, which is key for me with anyone I follow on Social Media!

So if you're looking for some new ideas and a fresh face to follow, go have a look at her channel and enjoy!

That's it for today! If you stop by on the weekend I'll have my Outfit Singles up either Saturday or Sunday with details on all the outfits I wore this week, including the ones that didn't make it to my regular M/W/F posts.


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. I don't normally watch You Tube either unless I'm specifically on the hunt! But thanks for the rec! Sounds right up my alley! And that does look like the comfiest and warmest sweater!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only watch youtube for specific things, but I do follow the fohr card account religiously, such good info about blogging. This sweater looks so cozy indeed and mom life is so busy.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love Stephanie Marie and I'm now so much more excited that I know you're friends with her. I really like her videos and she knows what she's talking about. She's completely changed up the way I now apply under-eye concealer. When she showed that infomercial, I remember thinking, I remember that commercial and her. Of course, I had the whole Firm Fanny Lifting series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me so happy that you already found and follow Stephanie! It just validates my recommendation, ha ha! I remember when the Fanny Lifter came out, but I didn't start using the Firm until they had the TransFirmer...which I still own and use!

      Delete
  4. ooooh i really like the sweater with the longer tee and leggings. i normally like long cardigans/sweaters but i can get behind a shorter one with a long top. and 60% off! bargain!
    i go through phases with youtube videos - it depends what i'm 'in to' at the time (or really, obsessed with, because i don't do things lightly haha) but i'm always looking for new people, i'll have to check her out tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sweater looks so cozy! I can definitely see why you reach for it on colder days. I haven't ever gotten into watching youtube videos, but I will have to check her out! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!