1/4/17

Denim Jacket + Leggings Outfit

|
Today's outfit is one that I wore over the holidays when I didn't want to think about squeezing into regular pants after a couple of indulgent meals! The leggings "trend" gets my vote to become a permanent fashion fixture, like jeans. Actually, I think we're already there!

Jacket: Nordstrom | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Tunic Top: Gap | Leggings: Express | Boots: Target ($20!) | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Earrings (Shown Below): Kendra ScottNails: Chanel Graphite (Some drugstore dupes for this shade shown here, here, and here)

Outfit Notes:

This Jacket is on the pricey side for me when it comes to any clothing item in general, but it has been well worth it! The fit, comfort and color were exactly what I wanted and have proven to be really versatile. Before this jacket I wasn't a fan of denim jackets on myself, but now I'm a believer. It's true-to-size and it's still comfortable even with a a long sleeve top layered underneath. I've thought about getting a darker version but then I'm not sure how I'd pair that, so I need to do more Pinterest research before making that decision.

This Top is nice and thick...kind of a sweatshirt/t-shirt hybrid material, which is great for leggings since it isn't too sheer and holds its shape well. My only complaint is the sleeves. They are unnecessarily long and have a slit. Why a sleeve slit???? It makes no sense. But all in all the top has enough good qualities to be worth keeping and the sleeves were tolerable with the jacket.

Front View: 

Shop the Look:


Other Ways I've Worn This Jacket:
Since I try to back up my statements like, "I wear this all the time," with visual evidence, here are four other ways I've worn this jacket. Lots of black and white and grey, but I mainly got it for pairing with those colors since I do like to wear them a lot!

OUTFIT DETAILS:
Most of these pieces are no longer in stock so I'll reference the stores where I purchased each piece but only be linking to current items.

ONE:
Jacket: Nordstrom | Tank: Target | Shorts: Target | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Shoes: Target | Bag: c/o Danielle Nicole

TWO:
Jacket: Nordstrom | Dress: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Shoes: Sam Edelman

THREE:
Jacket: Nordstrom | Cami: Express (Mine doesn't have the lace back but otherwise this is identical) | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Amazon | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon

FOUR:
Jacket: Nordstrom | Cami: Express (Exact style, similar current color) | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: Amazon

PLAID SHIRT UPDATE:
I just wanted to give a quick update that my Blush Plaid Shirt from this post is now in stock online! If you tried to find it in store and didn't have any luck, now is your chance to snag it.
Top: Target | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Gift) | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift, Similar) | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Nails: Chanel "Graphite" | Earrings: c/o The Fringe Studio

I'll be back on Friday with another outfit post and a quick review of some of the Express items I ordered over the holiday (see them in this post). Spoiler: I'm returning everything except the socks! But on Friday I'll share photos and explain why the pieces didn't work for me or were too redundant to what I already own in some cases. Have a great week!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. you got this tunic tee, isn't it so comfy? I love mine.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top sounds so comfy! I love the added pop of pink in this look!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you have found your denim jacket to be versatile! I feel like I haven't been wearing mine as much as I used to! I need to dust it off!! Thanks for the reminder!!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jacket has definitely been a great investment, and yessss to leggings! I've been living in them post-baby, and of course through all the holiday parties and get togethers where I over-indulged. Happy New Year <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that tunic tee and also that you said it is more on the thicker side. That jacket totally completes the outfit. I only have a couple pairs of leggings, but I have been wanting to get some more... altho, I'm afraid I may wear them everyday!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't worn my denim jacket in ages! I'd love to try wearing it with leggings, but I need a long tunic to cover my lady parts ;) This is a great outfit idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tunic seems so comfy and like it would be a staple go-to piece in my closet! Loving all the looks with your denim jacket especially the striped cami look!!

    xo,
    Kay Elle
    www.iamkayelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I already told you on IG that this outfit is super cute but hey I'll say it again because I love it! I live in leggings, you just can't beat how comfy they are and how easy they are to style! The light wash of your denim jacket is amazing, it was definitely worth the splurge. Hope you have a great rest of the week Gina:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hope we are already there with leggings because i am never giving mine up lol.
    hmm that top sounded great - especially the length lol - but then the sleeve slit... why?! love that denim jacket on you, it's well worth the price if it's something you love and wear often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That top sounds like its right up my alley! I love the length on you, too! I love the blush bag you paired with the outfit too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!