1/13/17

3 Ways to Wear Light Grey Jeans + 40% Off Sale

|
Happy Friday! We're kicking off a four day weekend here (no school on Friday or Monday), which feels weird since we were just getting back into the swing of things post-holiday. But maybe since we don't have unexpected random snow days here like other places, this is San Diego's way of making sure the teachers get a break and don't lose their minds between January and Spring Break!

I just found out that Express has 40% off EVERYTHING this weekend, which works nicely with my post today since I'm sharing one of my recent favorite denim purchases, these light grey distressed jeans. This is my third time wearing them (er...photographing them. I've actually worn them more but some outfits just don't get photographed), and I'll recap each of the other outfits below this one.

ONE: Grey Jeans with Black and Olive
Jacket: Express | Tee: Target | Necklace: c/o The Fringe Studio | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: c/o Amazon | Ring: Stella & Dot "Pave Sphinx" | Nails: Essie Sole Mate

Outfit Notes:
These jeans are the Supersoft style, and true to their name, they're very soft and comfy! Hence the reason I've worn them so often since I purchased them. They ran true-to-size for me. They have a raw hem at the ankle, which is such a popular trend right now, but unfortunately that detail isn't all that visible with any of my shoe pairings.

This jacket is another recent favorite that's also really soft and comfortable. See my previous outfit with this jacket here. And this is also a great price right now thanks to the 40% off Sale

Front View:

Shop the Look:


TWO: Grey Jeans with Burgundy Jacket
Jacket: Maurice's (Similar) | Tee: Target | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Stella & Dot (On Sale) | Shoes: Target (Similar) |

Outfit Notes:
This Stella & Dot necklace was a birthday gift last year and is quite possibly my most-used birthday gift ever! I didn't expect to use it as much as I have, but the stone functions as a perfect neutral. For the record I did shorten the length of it on my own with the amateur/hack methods I outlined here. The style of chain was rather difficult to alter/re-attach so proceed with caution! It was well worth the effort for me, though!

Front View:

Shop the Look:


THREE: Grey Jeans with Black Tee and Taupe Moto Jacket
Jacket: Express | Tee: Nordstrom | Jeans: Express | Boots: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Similar) | Sunglasses: Charming Charlie | Nails: Essie Devil's Advocate

Outfit Notes:
Even though this was outfit was posted fairly recently (see more details hereI wanted to put all the outfits together in this post for convenient-search purposes. This jacket is also part of the 40% off Sale (see another way I styled it in Outfit Eight here) and I love olive-y taupe color. This style of jacket is one of my all-time favorites, and you can see my two other favorite colors (and eight ways I've worn them) here.

Front View:


Shop the Look:



All Three Looks:

State of the Blog:

I'm going to borrow JoLynne's governmental wording here and just update you all a little on some of the thoughts I shared in my Happy New Year post. (And by the way, thanks so much to all who gave me feedback on that post either on the blog or via another channel! They were very helpful to me!) So far, the M/W/F post schedule has been working well with real life, so that's here to stay for now. I've also thought a bit more about the types of content and posts I create vis-à-vis the types that generate traffic and engagement (i.e. the posts that make a blog relevant to anyone other than the author!).  Here's what you can expect to see more/less/about the same of here in 2017:

More:

- Standard outfit posts with fit details on the pieces and some random thoughts du jour. (Like this.)

- Multiple ways to wear one piece. (Like today.) These are incredibly helpful to me when others do them, whether I'm deciding if I want to purchase a piece (e.g. "Hm, she wore it with tan boots and jeans and a striped top...I have all of those things so I think this would work for me!") or just looking for new ways to wear what I already own (e.g. "Oh, I have a plaid shirt like that. I should try it with my beige jacket like she did!").

- Following up...specifically on items I bought. I don't write a blog post every time I make a purchase or return (thank goodness...), but if I do share exact items I bought with affiliate shopping links, I feel like I'm vouching for them in a way and owe you all a follow-up as to why things do or don't work. (e.g. I shared some sale purchases here and the hits and misses for Express here then LOFT here.)

Less:

-Entertainment style posts (e.g. Astrology, Celebrity Style, and Coffee Date posts): These are quite time consuming to create and typically don't bring enough extra traffic to merit the extra time spent. I did have a lot of fun with those topics so it's not to say I'll never do them again if I feel so inspired. But for the time being they aren't on the editorial calendar because the extra time commitment doesn't fit with the blog/life balance I'm seeking.

About the Same:

-Fitness: While I don't expect this to become a regular topic again, it's a part of my life that's bound to come up now and again. If I try something new on the fitness front that's worth recommending, I will still share it. e.g. I received Cathe's newest workout series over the holidays and want to share my thoughts on those for my fellow home exercisers!

Lifestyle: Books, recipes, (infrequent) travel, family-friendly activities and all of the random stuff I share in What's Up Wednesday posts or just here and there will still be on the docket for 2017. Those are really the things that differentiate one blogger from the next, and since my amazing photography isn't going to be what brings you back, hopefully you can connect with me on some of these other points!

Well, as always thanks for reading if you made it this far! I don't have any exciting plans this weekend but I'm looking forward to it anyway. See you back on Monday!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. I only have one pair of grey jeans and I wear them quite often, loving these options on how to wear them. Can't wait to read your post about Cathe's workout.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to hearing your review of Strong and Sweaty. Ours is only a three-day weekend here, but you're right. It does seem strange to already have one so close to getting back into school. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had totally forgotten about my grey jeans until I saw your post today! I love the grey/black/taupe look! Looking forward to your review of Cathe's workout series!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these are great tweaks to your blog schedule! And I agree that these remix posts are very helpful! I do love these jeans. I will have to try them!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these looks! I've got some light grey jeans sitting in my last Trunk Club box, and I think you just convinced me to keep them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gray jeans with black and olive looks great. I have some gray jeans and I am going to try this combo with them. I also love that Stella & Dot necklace, I am going to pin it! I just received a round monogrammed locket from my hubby for Christmas from Stella & Dot and I swear everything I have from them is such great quality and gets a lot of wear!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grey jeans are great to have in your closet! Love the way you styled them. Yes, I like these kind of posts and I like your fitness posts. Please keep sharing your review of workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a pair of light grey jeans that I've been struggling to pair things with. Totally pinning some of these because the burgundy and olive are great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally want to hear about your Cathe reviews and your workouts...helps me vary my routine. Love your color combos with grey...inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!