12/23/16

Daily Outfit + 2016 Beauty Favorites

|
It's the final countdown with two days until Christmas and I feel relatively ready. I haven't wrapped any presents but I'm seriously considering keeping it that way and just letting my kids open the Amazon boxes with their presents this year. It's more eco-friendly and they're usually on board with doing what's best for the environment, and having a green mom sounds better than having a mom that's just not that into Christmas!

As I mentioned in this post, one of the things I'm planning for the blog going forward is doing some shorter, (hopefully) more frequent blog posts. That means there probably won't be a need for an Outfit Recap with multiple outfits on Fridays, but just an outfit of the day with a little more detail on fit, sales, etc., like today!
Jacket: Express | Tee: Nordstrom | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Express Bag: Amazon (My color sold out, Similar) | Short Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: Stella & Dot | Nails: Essie Berry Naughty | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (inventory varies, message shop owners for specific style requests)

Outfit Notes:

Jacket: I bought this jacket in grey first (see it in this post or go straight to the grey option here) and immediately I wanted black as well. They are both so comfortable, true-to-size (I'm wearing an XS here), and great outfit completer pieces. And both still 50% off as I'm writing this!

Tee: Yep, another color options of the t-shirt I talked about in this post. It's currently 25% off/under $15, which is the lowest price I have seen!

Jeans: These white jeans are currently 50% off and available in all sizes. Inventory and selection for these goes way down in the Spring and Summer so even if you're not as into White Jeans for Winter as I am, it's definitely worth getting them at 50% off and having them handy for warmer weather.

Shop the Look:



Front View: My own front view photos aren't worth posting for this outfit because it's been too dark and cloudy here, so I'll just share the stock photos of this jacket for a better look at the front view details:

2016 Beauty Favorites: $10 or Less
For my Friday Favorites today, I'm sharing my top three favorite new-to-me beauty products for 2016. Last year I shared my Tried and True Beauty Products and as I mentioned back then, I'm not one for experimenting a lot with beauty items these days. I prefer to just re-purchase my staples, but every now and then I get tempted to try something new, especially when the price is reasonable. This year, these three affordable products became new staples for me:

1. BH Cosmetics Blush Palette:


Blush Palette ($10)

This palette replaced my MAC blushes in my every day makeup routine. The price is great and even though some of the colors look very intense, they are perfectly pigmented. One of the reviews for this palette wrote: "I'm a dancer and often do makeup on other people this blush palette has a colour for every skin tone! Love it" -Cassandra C. I completely agree with that. I only use the three colors on the top left side, but I learned about this palette from Tracy who has a completely different skin tone and consequently different favorites in this set. 

2. Essie Gel Setter Top Coat:




I'm second-guessing myself now and wondering whether this came out in 2015 or 2016? Regardless, it's worth mentioning because it has extended my manicure life by 1-3 days. I find this even better than Essie's Gel Couture line. Although I like some of those colors, I actually thought their lasting power was worse than this top coat layered over a regular polish.

3. L'Oreal Voluminous Primer/Base:



I had never tried a mascara primer until Laura mentioned this in her Instagram story and swore that it made your lashes soooo thick. I gave it a shot and now I'm hooked! It's so much easier to build volume on your lashes by using just one coat of this and your favorite mascara. I noticed one of the reviews on Amazon mentioned needing a lash comb for it, and I do find that to be the case. In case you don't have one, the bonus item below is the one I use and recommend.

Bonus: Metal Lash Comb
Lash Comb ($5)

This isn't a new-to-me item since I've been using it for many years, but since it came up with the primer, I'll just say that if you don't have a metal lash comb, you need one! It does a much better job of separating any mascara clumps during application than those plastic ones. This one is just $5 at Target and well worth it!

* * *
I hope you all enjoy the holiday weekend and I will probably see you back next week with a post or two depending on how things go here! I'm mainly trying to enjoy the holiday and family/friend time not stress too much about consistent blogging or outfit pictures. So if it happens, great, if not there's always next year!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

8 comments:

  1. This jacket is so cute, love the high neck. I used to use a lash primer but got lazy, it really does make a difference. Yay for being a green mom lol.

    Merry Christmas :)
    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've mentioned that lash primer before and I really need to try it. I like your idea of Amazon wrapping. I've been wrapping mine, but keeping them hidden because my kids will probably open them early one morning. So what's the point? Have a Merry Christmas Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that jacket!! It may need to be mine!!! And last night matt gave me the option of him wrapping the gift or me just opening it last night (early) without it being wrapped. It's just as fun to open a box without wrapping paper, for the record. :)
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think letting the kiddos open Amazon boxes is a wonderful idea! Such a waste, all that wrapping paper that frankly is a pain to clean up!
    And yes to the gel setter top coat. Just used it ;) I'll have to try that lash primer because my lashes are short and sparse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how different that jacket looks buttoned up or open! That blush palette looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great jacket! I didn't realize in your insta photo that the jacket had a high neck. Love that detail!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am absolutely going to try that lash primer, and i'll add the metal comb to my list. i do have a plastic one, and am kind of eh on it, so good to hear the metal is better. that blush palette is awesome! definitely looks like it would work for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a chance you are qualified for a free $1,000 Amazon Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!