12/30/16

Blush Plaid Shirt Outfit + Leather Earrings

|
We are enjoying some unseasonably warm weather this week, so I'm taking advantage of it with bare toes and lightweight fabrics. I'm also trying to learn some new tricks around here and get earrings into the picture! I've had a couple of questions here and there about what earrings I wear with certain outfits, and of course, visuals are the best way to show that. I can't promise to stay consistent with this angle since I probably pulled a muscle trying to angle my head correctly, but I do want to work on it so it's an option when my earrings are worth sharing, as is the case today.

Top: Target | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Gift) | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift, Similar) | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Nails: Chanel "Graphite" | Earrings: c/o The Fringe Studio

Outfit Notes:

This Top is a recent in-store purchase at Target. (UPDATE: It's now available online and link above has been updated.) I actually pulled this very shirt off a mannequin in store because I liked it on the rack, but there were none in my size. Then I spotted a mannequin in the accessories department wearing it and lo and behold, she had on my size! Luckily she was wearing t-shirt underneath so I didn't have to feel quite as awkward leaving her topless! I'm sure the security people will get a laugh when they review the tapes but hey, I paid for it and there were no associates around to help so you gotta do what you gotta do! I thought a long sleeve plaid shirt would be nice for a our milder days, and this one is very soft and comfortable, similar to my Express plaid shirts but not as oversized. I took the same size in this as I wear at Express and it's a nice, relaxed fit.

This Necklace was a very thoughtful, generous Christmas gift from Carylee and I absolutely love it! The length is easily adjustable so it can be worn as a choker or even longer than I'm wearing it here. So convenient to have it work with any neckline!

Earrings: Last but not least, this is my first pair of leather earrings and wow! I can see what all the fuss is about! They are light as a feather (coincidentally), which is perfect for me because I like big earrings but I don't like them to be very heavy, so it's hard to find something that fits both criteria.

Front View: 
P.S. My iron broke on the day I wore this shirt and I had my heart set on wearing it since it was perfect for the weather, so please forgive the extra wrinkles. The mannequin had it tied at the waist so that didn't help my situation either!

Shop the Look:



The Fringe Studio:
I recently made a new fellow Express-shopping friend on Instagram whose jewelry I was admiring. It turns out, she made it herself and also sells it in her Etsy shop! She graciously gifted me several pieces to try, but I would gladly purchase these myself, especially considering all of her prices are very reasonble (under $20!).  Kristi blogs over at The Daily Fringe, so if you're looking for more inspo on how to style your Express pieces or lightweight earrings to go with your outfits be sure to check her out!
The Fringe Studio (Everything $20 and under)

Have a great weekend and a safe and happy New Year! I'm brainstorming some new scheduling and content ideas for 2017 so hopefully I can figure that out over the next couple of days and be ready to go next week!



Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

8 comments:

  1. What a great Target find! I love the colors in you top! I'm also loving your mani color!

    Happy New Year!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I need that top and possibly the necklace too! The bronze leather earrings look beautiful on you! You are so right about leather earrings being bold, but still super lightweight. Thank you for mentioning my shop!

    Have a Happy New Year!

    Kristi
    The Fringe Studio/The Daily Fringe Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving those black fringe earrings! They are so fun! I have definitely been that person to take clothing off a mannequin too. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do to score that perfect piece! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have and love my leather earrings but my only struggle is how easily they carry with the smallest breeze! It makes for awkward blog photos! Ha! They do whip me in the face a lot. I like the fringe for both looks and ventilation purposes! I shall check it out! And that plaid was worth snagging off a mannequin!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this casual look Gina! Those boots are fab. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors! Love to see you at my Fancy Friday linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol i'm sorry you probably pulled a muscle but love the earrings in the picture :) love that you pulled the top off the mannequin, it's so pretty! you gotta do what you gotta do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teeth Night Guard is selling personalized fitting and highest quality customized dental guards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!