11/22/16

Top Outfit Pieces for Black Friday Sales

|
Today is the first day of the Express storewide 50% off sale for Black Friday! My game plan is to shop early because things sell out so fast once the sale launches, plus the order processing time seems to take longer with each day of the sale. Just like last year, I'm sharing my most-liked Instagram outfits from the year that include current Express sale pieces. It's always hard for me to narrow down my favorites and decide what to feature as the "must-haves" for these sales since I love so many things, so I figure "likes" are a decent indicator of which pieces most people would "like" to have in their own closet.

ONE:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Bag: Amazon (Exact Style, Colors Vary)| Short Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: Express (Option) | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bracelet: LOFT | Shoes: Forever 21 (Option)

Sale Pieces: This top is one of my all-time favorite wardrobe staples. I get asked fairly often about what undergarments I wear under this and whether I wear a cami under as it's just a bit sheer. Personally I don't wear a cami. I wear nude bra (this is the exact one I'm wearing in this pic) that's just a bit darker than my skintone. If the fabric has too much white in it then it will show through the top. For lots of other outfit ideas with this top check out this post. These jeans are also a favorite. They run true to size for me and are very soft and comfortable and just a nice change of pace from blue jeans.

Shop the Look:


TWO:

Jacket: Nordstrom (Similar) | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Clutch: Express (Similar) | Necklace: J Crew (Gift, Similar)

Sale Pieces: This white cami is my #1 most-used, most versatile top. For a dozen other ways to style it see this post. I also get asked about what bra I wear under these camis, and if I'm wearing it sans cardigan/jacket, then I wear a basic strapless bra. (My exact one is from Target and no longer available.) If I'm wearing a layer over the cami and I know for sure I won't be taking it off throughout the day, then I'll just wear the bra I linked in outfit one since no one will have to see the straps.

Shop the Look:


THREE:

Sweater: Express (Similar) | Tank: Target (Maternity for length) | Faux Leather Leggings: Express | Necklace: Kendra ScottShoes: Macy's (Similar) | Nails: Chanel Taboo | Bag: Danielle Nicole

Sale Pieces: If you don't have a pair of faux leather leggings, the Scuba Leggings I'm wearing here are great and will be a great price during the sale. They do run a bit long for my height (5'4") but I can easily tuck them under or just tuck them into boots depending on what I'm wearing.

Shop the Look:


FOUR
:
Tee: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: c/o Fossil | Nails: Essie Model Clicks | Necklace: LOFT (Similar) | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift)

Sale Pieces: I am really loving the plus jersey London tees like this one because the fabric is thicker and sturdier than the regular London tees. They really seem to hold their shape better. The normal price of $39.90 is more than I want to pay for a t-shirt, but at 50% off it's well worth the money!

Shop the Look:


Front View 1-4:

FIVE
:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Necklace: J Crew (Gift, Similar) | Bracelet: Banana Republic (Gift, Similar) | Bag: Tory Burch

Sale Pieces: These olive jeans have been a great addition to my wardrobe this season. They run true to size for me. Although they aren't quite as soft and stretchy as jean leggings from Express, they are still pretty comfortable and hold their shape throughout the day. There are some negative reviews for these online and so far I haven't had any of the issues the other reviewers did and I've worn them plenty of times.

Shop the Look:


SIX:

Sweater: LOFT (Similar) | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Short Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift, Similar) | Ring: Nordstrom | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Shoes: Sole Society (Similar)

Sale Pieces: These are the same grey jeans as Outfit One and the style type of cami (different color) from Outfit Two. This cami is always advertised as reversible, but I rarely wear the two sides of any one cami (either because I don't like the alternate color or I don't like the contrasting straps since the straps are only one color, not reversible). This one is an exception because I do wear both the Teal and Purple sides. During the sale the cami will be $20, which is really like $10 per color because you're getting getting two-for-one!

Shop the Look:

SEVEN:
Jacket: Nordstrom | Cami: Express (Current Version) | Jeans: ExpressNecklace: Kendra Scott | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks | Bag: Amazon | Booties: Amazon

Sale Pieces: Another outfit, another Barcelona Cami! I think I've covered the details on that piece (although I haven't mentioned that it does run true to size for me), so I'll talk about these white jeans instead. They fit true to size for me, and I find them very comfortable, flattering, and not sheer at all.

Shop the Look:


EIGHT: Blush Jacket, White Barcelona Cami, Supersoft Jeans
Jacket: BB Dakota (Low stock, Identical) | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar with more sizes) | Short Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: ExpressShoes: Amazon  | Bag: Amazon | Ring: Nordstrom

Sale Pieces: If you're keeping track, this makes four outfits in my top eight that use a Barcelona Cami. This necklace is also worth mentioning here. It's so simple but might be my most-worn necklace because it goes with everything and layers perfectly with my Kendra Scott Elisa pendants in varying colors.

Shop the Look:



Front View 5-8:

Mix and Match Wardrobe:
I'm really happy with the outfits that made the cut here because they have a really good foundation of basics. With just these eight outfits there are a lot of great building-block wardrobe pieces that could easily mix and match with other pieces shown, Take the black tee in Outfit Five...it could easily be worn with the grey jeans or white jeans from Outfits Six and Seven. If you added any of these items to your Black Friday shopping cart I'm pretty sure you'd find they would already go with several things in your closet too!

Black Friday Link-up:
Today CarylRachelle and I are co-hosting a link-up for our fellow bloggers to share all things Black Friday. All bloggers who join the link-up with a qualifying post will be entered for a chance to win a $60 Gift Card to Nordstrom! The rules to qualify are simple:
  1. Add your Black Friday themed post (whether it's a Wishlist, Gift Guide, Sale Guide, etc.) to our link-up anytime between Tuesday, November 22 and Friday, November 25.
  2. Include links back to all three link-up hosts: Pinksole, More Pieces of Me, and On the Daily Express within the exact post you are adding to the link up.

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be back tomorrow to talk more sale stuff...some of my other favorites that didn't make the list and either my wishlist or what I ordered from the sale depending on the timing. See you then!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. All so cute! I really love the way that grey sweater drapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Express jeans are so comfy! I might have to add the olive and grey jeans to my closet!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! I forgot about that plush v neck! I may need to snag it in that color or all the colors. Hehe And I'm with you on the white portofino. A nude bra does the trick for me!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't shopped much at Express, but after seeing your post, I think I will go try on a few pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you need to show me what your got at the sale, I got a few sweaters I hope they work out.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked up a white portofino earlier this week with their amazing sale on solid colors, but I didn't add to my Barcelona cami collection yet. $20 is an amazing price for them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i almost caved and shopped, especially for a pair of grey jeans... but hopefully they have an awesome sale next year lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!