11/1/16

Express Tech + Pull-On Jean Leggings

|
I recently got around to trying a couple of the newer styles of jeans at Express (specifically Express Tech and the Pull-On Legging Jeans) and wanted to share my thoughts on how they fit, feel and compare all in one post. The last time I did a denim review was back in February so if you're looking for more info on Performance Stretch or Supersoft Jeans make sure to check out that post.

First, here's a side-by-side comparison of the three different current options I tried:

1. Pull-On Jean Leggings



Carylee is a big fan of these pull-on leggings and convinced me to try them. The exact pair she has and loves is sold out and this is the only current option, so I gave them a go. I liked the idea of leggings disguised as jeans and a comfortable elastic waistband. On the website the model has the waistband on display with her outfit and I'm sure that's so customers can see that it does in fact have an elastic waist. But personally I would only wear it fully covered with long tops. These ran true to size for me, but I ultimately decided to return them.  For one I didn't find them any more comfortable than regular jean leggings at Express. The elastic waistband didn't add any comfort to me, and the front pockets are faux pockets, which I didn't like. I would much rather have the same comfort level with real pockets! Furthermore, I didn't care for the white stitching over the distressing on the leg as pictured. One of the reviews mentioned a "patch" and I didn't understand what they were talking about until I got them. If you look at the inside of the jeans, you can see that the white stitching is used to sew a patch on the inside of the leg. I really don't understand that design element, and what's worse if for me it made that leg of the pants feel tighter and less soft and stretchy. It wasn't horrible, but since there was another pair of jeans I liked better I returned them.


On the Model:


2. Express Tech Jean Leggings

Express Tech Jean Leggings

First off, I don't feel like the color depiction of these was entirely accurate on the website. They're called "light" and while they are the lightest of the three, they still look darker to me than the pair the model is wearing and generally more like a "Medium" wash. Aside from that, these just were not soft and comfortable to me. The fabric was different from the regular jean leggings and not in a good way to me. I imagine that they will hold their shape very well and not stretch out during wear based on how they felt, so they do have some good qualities. But my personal preference is for something softer and more comfortable than these.

On the Model:


3. Jean Leggings:

Just like I mentioned in this post, the standard jean leggings at Express are my go-to, and they ended up being my favorite from this order. I tried this pair on last and they were like butter. (And by that I mean soft butter on warm toast...not cold butter on dry bread.) The fit was true to size, they were very comfortable (even moreso than the pull on jean leggings) and I liked the wash, even though again I didn't think the website color was very accurate. They are called "Dark" and I do think that's correct (albeit faded dark), whereas they look more "Medium" on the model. But I don't really have any complaints about the jeans themselves!

On the Model:

Here are the details of all of the other outfit pieces I'm wearing in the try-on photos:
Top: Express | Necklace: Stella & Dot (length adjusted by me) | Jeans: Express | Booties: Express | Bag: c/o Danielle Nicole (Similar)

As always, I hope that helps give some of my fellow regular Express shoppers some further insight into the different style options! I do seem to always go back to the standard Jean Legging but I get FOMO when I see all the new options so I have to at least try them on!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey |

CONVERSATION

17 comments:

  1. I'm the same way, I always go to the same types of jeans.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to try the mid-rise ones, I'm on the hunt for a new pair of jeggings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so great on you! They look really comfortable too..win/win :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for doing this review! It was helpful to see the difference in the material and fit. Also to know someone else' opinion.
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a helpful review. I love the jean leggings too and want to get another pair!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure why express needs to reinvent perfection! Good to know about the tech jeans! The pull on jean leggings for me are perfect when I want to wear a form fitting top and not have the bulges of the button/zipper and front pockets visible through my shirt! But yeah, if you're still wanting the function of real front pockets, I can see how they would not be worth the purchase!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I am buying some of their jeans post-baby and maybe I should try the elastic waist ones now! I always think they look so good on all of you.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just by looking at the pictures, I favored the last pair before I even read your post. I will have to stop at Express and try a pair on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just don't know if I am sold on pull on jean leggings. I might have to try the express tech though because I like thicker fabric so it doesn't stretch out. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good rundown, girlfriend- I feel like there are so many jean options at Express, so I like reading what other (informed, ha) people are thinking!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing styles! ♥

    Happy Tuesday!
    xoxo Suzy ( ˘ ³˘)♥
    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all so cute! And they look so comfortable too. I love a good jean legging. Great review!

    xoxo
    Rachel
    http://thetrendytomboy.com/fall-staples-2/

    ReplyDelete
  13. yeahhhh i really don't like the distressing/patch of that first pair. very noticeable! i'm glad you didn't like them haha. LOVE the last pair, and your butter description haha. the colour is definitely off on you vs on the website. i really like them though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the look of those leggings! So chic! =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great review! Can't ever go wrong with a great Jean legging! I believe my favorite pair are the mid rise! I do need some new jeans so this post got me extra motivated lol!

    Have a great day!

    Xo, Erica
    http://www.casuallystyled.com/2016/11/sultry.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  16. Express regular jean leggings are the best! I really don't have much desire to stray from that style, although I do have a pair of their "skinny" jeans which are honestly more of a straight leg style. I also have a pair of pull on Jean leggings from old navy that I like because the front lays flat so no bulging as caryl said! But one pair is good enough! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!