11/28/16

Cyber Monday: Staples and Purchases

|
Is it just me or were the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales this year bigger and better than ever? I admittedly spent more than I planned because the deals were impossible pass up. But I'm also pretty sure that a lot of things I ordered won't work out and I'm better off deciding what to keep vs. return once I try it all in person. I shared my Express Sale purchases in this post and today I wanted to share some of my personal favorites and purchases from other retailers before the prices go back up.

Nordstrom & Kendra Scott Staples on Sale:

Kendra Scott currently has 20% off the entire site through today with the code SALE20, and Nordstrom is price matching! So pick your favorite retailer and happy shopping on some pieces that don't go on sale very often. My two favorite necklaces that I own in multiple colors are the Rayne necklace (shown below with the grey tee) and the Elisa pendant (the shorter necklace shown with the burgundy tee). On top of that, this t-shirt from Nordstrom is also on sale at Nordstrom (under $17) through today! I have it in grey, white and burgundy and just ordered Blush and Black thanks to the sale.
Tee: Nordstrom | Jeans: Express (50% off today) | Necklace: Nordstrom  | Watch: Fossil | Hat: Forever 21 (Similar) | Watch: Fossil | Shoes: Amazon

Here's another outfit with the V Neck Tee and Elisa Pendant:
Tee: Nordstrom | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Short Necklace: Nordstrom (My exact color sold out, closest option in my opinion is Brown Pearl) | Long Necklace: Express | Watch: c/o Fossil | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Tory Burch (Option)

It's really hard to choose a color for these, especially if it's your first purchase, so for what it's worth, my very most-used Elisa pendant is the Platinum Druzy. The mixed metal look really makes it go with everything. After glancing through my Instagram feed, my most-used Rayne necklace is Maroon Jade followed by Magenta.

Here's the front view for these outfits plus two more outfits featuring these closet staples:

Outfits One & Two: Details directly above this image

Outfit Three
Tee: Nordstrom | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Forever 21 (Similar) | Bag: Tory Burch (Option) | Short Necklace: Nordstrom "Magenta" | Long Necklace: Express

Outfit Four:
Grey Sweater: Express | Cami: Express | Necklace: Nordstrom (Maroon Jade) | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Express (Similar)

Jewelry Purchases
Kendra Scott and Stella & Dot are a couple of my jewelry favorites and they both had really great sales for Black Friday. Kendra's runs through today but I'm not sure yet if the Stella & Dot pieces will still be on sale today. Regardless, I particularly wanted to add some mixed metal necklaces and earrings to my jewelry collection (I talked about my accessorizing strategies and reasons for loving mixed metals in this post) along with some classic looking styles:

Kendra Scott Stella Dot Favorites



Clothing Purchases
As mentioned above, you can find my full list of Express purchases here and try-ons of the pieces that already arrived (ShopRunner shipping for the win!) here. I was on a mission to get a light grey moto jacket during the sales, and I ordered three candidates. I don't intend to keep all three of them but I do need to compare them in person to decide. The jackets from Nordstrom Rack (the first two below) aren't on sale but are reasonably priced (under $70), and the Nordstrom option is still on sale through today.

Grey Moto Jacket Options

I haven't tried or even seen any of these in person yet so I can't offer any other helpful info on them. But I love seeing what other people order during the sales so I'm sharing my choices anyway for those who like to know. I'm also hoping fit and quality will make the decision easy for me when I get all three in my hands because I definitely cannot justify keeping all of them!

I also ordered several tops at Macy's (first three) and Nordstrom:
Black Friday 2016 purchases
Black/Buffalo Plaid Top  | Grey/Black/White | Striped Tee | Grey Sweater (sold out in most sizes)

I don't own any layered tops like the two I purchased but I love the concept so I'm hoping they work out for me since I'm not too familiar with the fit, sizing or quality of the brand.

That does it for me! I will be doing quite a lot of returns in the coming weeks and hopefully not too many purchases because my bank account needs a break. Hope you all had some shopping success over the holiday as well!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

13 comments:

  1. you got some cute stuff, I should be getting more orders today. we'll see what's a keeper.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got so many cute pieces! I have a KS necklace on my wishlist and it is hard to decide what color to get! Those grey moto jackets are so pretty!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. That middle grey drapey jacket is GORGEOUS!

    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ordered some really great pieces. I especially love the first grey suede jacket and am interested to see how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You scored on some really cute items! I love the grey jackets you got and the layered sweaters, too. I am hoping my husband gets me a few Kendra Scott pieces for Christmas so I will be passing on the sale info and my picks to him! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the rest of your purchases! At first I thought all three of those jackets were the same, so I'm happy to hear you're not planning on keeping all of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute picks Gina! I just took advantage of the Kendra sale and grabbed a platinum druzy ring I've had my eye on to go with the bracelet you ladies gave me for my birthday :) other than that, I also made purchases from Mac cosmetics and sole society. Ugh I wasn't supposed to! What happened to my shopping ban?! So baaaaad LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't own any KS jewelry but have been eyeing the Odette double ring and the Elsa Necklace and took advantage of the sale and picked them up. I know so many people love KS jewelry so I hope it will work out. I agree with you that the sales were much more tempting this year.

    Alice
    IG: Happinessatmidlife

    ReplyDelete
  9. The grey moto jacket options are so good! And I will be sitting at the edge of my seat waiting to see how those layered tops look on you! Also- I'm kind of thankful that I got to use the husbands birthday month discount at Kendra Scott because I have a feeling that if I didn't, I would have done TONS more damage buying jewelry!!!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo many killer sales for BF + CM. I definitely took advantage of the Express sale and snagged some new pieces. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kendra Scott + Stella and Dot are two of my favorites too! So many cute items!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ended up only buying something yesterday, and, fortunately for me, that particular website still had a leftover-from-cyber-monday discount going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. the sales were AMAZING this year. i had a super hard time ignoring them all, and i did buy some things that aren't included in my shopping ban and KC was aware of them all, and none of them were clothes etc (or books, go me). but it was HARD. i basically stayed off the internet all weekend, but it was hard on monday being at work. i added things to my cart and had to step away! haha. i LOVE the grey sweater from nordstrom. i'm glad it is sold out now. haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!