10/11/16

Warm Climate, Fall Style

|
Welcome to Week Two of the "Ten Take on Fall" collaboration series! Each week, ten bloggers from across the U.S. and Canada will share their take on three different fall fashion themes. This week, each of the bloggers below are sharing their must-have items for Fall:


ten-take-on-fall
(See direct links to each blog at the end of this post)

When it comes to my wardrobe, I tend to focus on year-round staples more than seasonal pieces, partly because I live in San Diego where we don't have distinct seasons. It's officially Fall, but last week our high temps were in the upper 70s to low 90s. So my primary strategy for fall style is "Fake it 'til you make it." I make just slight changes in shoes/bags/accessories to to give my Summer Outfits a Fall look.

This white/black plaid works year-round, and I just recently wore it for "Fall" with darker shoes and a plum bag:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sole Society (Exact Style in Black and other colors) | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bracelets: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:


And here's how I styled it back in summer with sandals and pops of bright pink:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Nordstrom (Fuchsia sold out, several other color options available) | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bracelets: Express | Watch: Fossil (Similar) | Bag: Amazon


Here's another example of two of my wardrobe staples (black blouse and distressed jeans) styled for Fall recently with with burgundy shoes and a black handbag:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Bracelet: Banana Republic (Gift, Similar) | Shoes: Sole Society (Similar)

Shop the Look:



And here's how I wore the exact top and jeans different shoes and accessories for a more summery vibe:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Bracelet: Banana Republic (Gift, Similar) | Shoes: Sole Society (Similar)

Finally, here's a side-by-side comparison of these four outfits:

In case you missed some of my past posts on my wardrobe staples and how I get the most use out of them between seasons, here's a little breakdown of similar topics:

1. My #1 Favorite Piece for Fall (And every season!)
2. My Favorite Blouse, Cami and Jackets styled for Summer and Fall
3. Two Simple Color Palette Changes for making my wardrobe staples Fall-Friendly

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to check out each of the links below to find out the Fall Staples for each of the other bloggers in this collaboration!



CONVERSATION

20 comments:

  1. I love that your wardrobe works year round! These are great ideas to take the summer look into fall! I'm loving your burgundy shoes!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. great way to give your outfits a fall spin, fake it til you make it. lol

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need your plaid top and that wine colored bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a post. I've lived in Dallas and Phoenix and although there are so many benefits to live in a warm climate, it is a little frustrating when the fall and winter styles come out along with the urges to wear plaid scarves and suede boots. Fake it till you make it--great motto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Accessories are the perfect way to fake fall! Even certain nail polish colors can change my mentality to feeling more fall-spirited! And hooray for perfect plaid!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fall takes a really long time to get to us in the South, so we fake it as well. These looks are perfect!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing how adding different colors to an outfit totally changes the season of it! Great outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so refreshing to see a fashion blogger in a warmer climate dressing for where they live and not the calendar. If I see one more Florida fashion blogger in sweaters, boots, and scarves ugh.... lol! I chose to move to a warmer climate because I hate the cold, and with that means wearing lighter clothing most of the year. Like you, I make subtle changes especially with fun colors that are more representative of the season. Keep up the amazing inspiration <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kate! I really appreciate that comment. I tend to feel "behind the times" fashion-wise this time of year, so it's very encouraging to know that other people still relate to what I'm wearing and appreciate my efforts to show realistic (for my climate/lifestyle) outfits!

      Delete
  9. Adding in plum/burgundy elements + plaid pieces is smart, babe- especially when the San Diego weather is cooperating with fall temperatures! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love the way you style everything! So classy and put together! Absolutely love the black & white plaid button-down and your Kendra Scott necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally agree with this because of our climate! Fake it til you make it is exactly what we do! I think just changing up our nail color, shoes, and bags is the perfect way to turn Summer into Fall style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for wearing realistic clothes for your type of climate. I'v grown tired of bloggers just wearing blankets scarves and furry coat in warm temps just because it's trendy. I feel when a blogger is honest like you with their outfits, it makes me want to come back and read more. Blogs to me are supposed to be more real than fashion magazines, and yours is :)

    Yes and I live in cold climate and won't wear a coat until late November :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this feedback! This time of year is the hardest for me as a blogger because I feel "left behind" in a sense. But. I also don't like to play dress-up for the blog so and I just share what I wear as I go. Like you, that's what attracted me to blogs over magazines in the first place so I'm happy there are still out there that connect with my everyday reality, even if your climate is different!

      Delete
  13. That plaid top and the burgundy bag is every bit of Fall style!!

    ~ xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love every style! A nice top with denim always win!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these looks. I can totally wear them here in NY just gotta throw a jacket over it lol Love all your MK bags I have the white one it's my fave

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooooh those first shoes are so pretty! want them. pretty sure i say this every fall/winter to everyone with better weather than us, but i am jealous. it's already basically winter here. boo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I grew up in a year-round warm climate - so I totally get the warm climate/fall style thing. Although I love living where I do, I kind of miss having a capsule wardrobe with NO winter coats LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous and creative.

    Edwige | http://www.hypnozglam.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!