10/4/16

Summer-to-Fall Staples

|
Welcome to Week One of the "Ten Take on Fall" collaboration series! Each week for the next three weeks, ten bloggers from across the U.S. and Canada will share their take on three different fall fashion themes! Since we just said good-bye to Summer and Hello Official Fall a few days ago, this week we're sharing key outfit pieces from our summer wardrobes that we're styling in a new way for fall.
ten-take-on-fall

Last month I did a very similar post (see it here), and frankly, things haven't changed since then! The pieces I shared last month are still my favorites.  So I can't share anything new and groundbreaking today, but I can share a few different outfits and options than I did last time, starting with my number one favorite, most-used wardrobe piece, the Barcelona Cami as seen in this outfit:

Jacket: Nordstrom (Similar) | Cami: Express | Jeans: ExpressNecklace: J Crew (Gift, Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Clutch: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:


In the summer I used the same white top/black bottoms combo for this outfit but used shorts instead of pants to beat the heat.
Top: Express | Shorts: J Crew FactoryBag: Amazon | Shoes: Nordstrom Rack | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Similar) | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks

Shop the Look:


This cami comes in a dozen or so colors and prints, but white and black are my most-used versions. I shared a dozen other ways to wear the white version here, and here are a couple of ways I wore my black cami last fall, with options to similar items available this year for the same look:
Jacket: Express (Similar) | Cami: Express | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Express

Shop the Look:



Sweater: Express (Similar) | Cami: Express | Necklace: Purple Peridot | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sole Society (Current) |

Shop the Look:


And finally, here's a front view of these four summer vs. fall outfits with the Barcelona Cami:

So that's my number one summer-into-fall outfit staple, and I hope you'll stop by each of the ladies who are joining me this week to see which items they chose via the linkup below!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey | Alison

CONVERSATION

21 comments:

  1. the barcelona cami is the perfect transition piece for sure.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. Awesome post.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truly get so much use out of these camis! All gorgeous outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collaboration idea! I have a black and white Barcelona cami and wear them all of the time! Love seeing your summer to fall outfits!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've styled your cami! It really does look like the perfect layering piece!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  6. I threw on a Barcelona this morning and thought of you! I definitely love it under jackets and sweaters even more so than on their own! Perfect staple!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great looks!!!!
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cami is such a killer, versatile piece- I keep mine front + center in the closet all year long because they layer so well!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was in the mall last week and actually looked at some of the different colors of the Barcelona cami (and the portofino shirt) and was pleasantly pleased with them. I really need to add some of them to my closet when I get a chance to go back and try them on. I was short on time last week.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of these looks are so fabulous! i absolutely adore that first jacket from Nordstrom! The color is fall perfection!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, a cami is a wardrobe must! And it's perfect for our version of Fall, because all you need to add is a little layer on top and dime denim. Voila! Spoiler: you'll see this combo for week 2 on my blog lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of these looks! I'll definitely be adding that cami to my wardrobe.

    xo,
    Laura
    Styled Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Barcelona cami just layers so well! And I have to say I absolutely love that burgundy jacket! It's such a perfect fall layer and looks adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barcelona camis are the bestest - I have many more to accumulate 😂

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the long statement necklaces that you paired with the outfits
    -Kate
    Katekoutures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i definitely need more pieces like this.. i either have summer things or fall/winter things, not so much of the in between. i love my one barcelona cami, but rarely wear it. not sure why! i'll try and make an effort to wear it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun series with so many of my favorite ladies! Loving all the olive and burgundy pieces, and you can never go wrong with the Barcelona cami <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice looks!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great style inspiration!!!

    I am doing the second installment of my collaboration with fashion-forward brand STAYING SUMMER this week at blog & I know you’ll like it – don’t forget to drop by & let me know what you think!

    Happy Thursday!

    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was just headed to your blog when I saw your comment come through on mine. Great minds! :) I always love seeing how you style your cami. I finally bought one at the start of my pregnancy, and I loved it. They layer so well under anything.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!