10/12/16

Outfit Update + Halloween Candy Favorites 10/12/16

|
On Fridays I typically post a recap of four outfits I wore that week, but since I share outfits almost daily on Instagram, I have a lot that never make it to the blog. So today I'm playing catch-up and sharing some unblogged outfits, along with a little festive content at the end of this post to talk about my favorite Halloween candy to eat vs. hand out to Trick-or-Treaters!

SALE ALERT: Had to update this post to mention that Express just announced a 40% off Storewide Sale. So most of my tops and jeans in these outfits are currently 40% off!

ONE:
Tee: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: J Crew (Similar) | Nails: Essie "Model Clicks"

Notes: These Leopard flats were a killer bargain at under $25. They do run a little big so I had to go down a half-size to get them to stay on my feet when I walk. I had a question about their comfort level on Instagram, and for me, they're decent. I don't really find flats to be the most comfortable in general (which is one big reason why I don't wear them often), and these are about average for the price. (Similar in comfort to what I've experienced with similar-priced flats from Target.) I may end up adding a padded insole for extra cushion.

Shop the Look:


TWO:

Sweater: Express (Similar) | Cami: Express | Necklace: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Sunglasses: Nordstrom | Nails: Essie "Model Clicks"

Notes: My pink cami and cardigan are both from Express last year. The exact cami style is still available in a light pink like mine. And while my exact cardigan didn't come back they do have a very similar option (see it in the widget below) that comes in four neutral colors.

Shop the Look:


THREE:

Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sole Society (Similar) | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: Chic Couture Online (Gift, Similar) | Watch: Fossil | Bracelet: LOFT

Notes: Here's another example of what I talked about in Tuesday's post of making simple changes to outfits with my year-round staples to give them a Fall look. I wore basically the same outfit this summer  (see it here) except with shorts, but added burgundy shoes and dark nails to make it look like a Fall outfit despite temps in the 80s!

Shop the Look:


FOUR:

Tee: Nordstrom | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Shoes: Amazon | Hat: Forever 21 (Similar, Similar) | Watch: Fossil

Notes: Although I do find this tee a little fussy to get tucked exactly right (and unfortunately it looks very sloppy untucked) it really does have exactly the right relaxed fit that I like. I'm wearing an XS here, which is what I wear in all of my tops from Express. It currently comes in eight colors, and since a burgundy tee has been on my wishlist for Fall, I think that will be my next pick!

Shop the Look:


Front View:


Stranded: Halloween Candy

And now let's go on to the Bonus Material today! I'm joining Erika and Shay today for their Stranded series where we share three things in a given category that we would take if we were stranded on a deserted island. This month's topic is Halloween Candy, and since I have a major sweet tooth I couldn't resist participating.

1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Chocolate and Peanut Butter are one of my favorite combos, and I especially love the seasonal versions of Reese's Peanut Butter cups like the pumpkin and the Easter Egg. The chocolate-to-peanut butter ratio is a little different than the normal cup shape and somehow better to my taste buds. Plus, if I were really stranded on a desert island I think the extra protein from the peanut butter would be good, right?

2. Twix

I can't find any nutritional justification for these Twix bites but I love them anyway! I find this bite-sized version a little better than the regular full-sized Twix candy bar. I can have just a couple of pieces and reseal the bag since I don't usually want a full sized Twix all in one sitting. I do have a sweet tooth but I also have a conscience about consuming that much sugar and fat all at once.

3. Skittles

I do love chocolate but I imagine if I were stranded I'd want an alternative to chocolate now and then, and Skittles are my #1 favorite non-chocolate candy. They are also the candy I pass out every year at Halloween now. I'm a Halloween nerd (not to be confused with the candy) and for a few years I kept notes in my phone about how many bags of candy I purchased for Trick-or-Treaters, what type of candy I bought, and which seemed the most popular (particularly when I bought the mixed bags of candy). Long story short, Skittles came out on top, and now that's all I buy to pass out each year!

Even though I can remember to get Skittles every year, I still have keep notes in my phone on how many bags I purchase and how much is left over. Otherwise I honestly don't remember how much I need. It's hard to figure out the right amount so that we don't run out early but also aren't left with a bunch of extra Trick-or-Treat candy, especially considering my own kids bring home plenty!

* * *
If all goes as planned this week I should have another set of outfits to share on Friday along with some favorites so I hope you'll check back then!

Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey | Alison

CONVERSATION

24 comments:

  1. all these outfits are so cute and I do love twix but after Halloween I have to get rid of all the candy.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your leopard flats and that buffalo check hat! I can't eat peanuts, so the only thing I can have here is skittles, which I do love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these ootd's dear! Great taste!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reeses are my favorite to eat and I usually get Skittles to hand out too. Your buffalo plaid hat is so cute and those leopard flats are such a great deal!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously love every instagram picture you have wearing those burgundy wedges. They always just pop out of the picture. That being said, leopard shoes are always great too and I'm glad you found a good pair at a good price. The peanut butter would be a solid nutritious choice if stranded. Good idea. I never know how many bags to buy either and we always end up with too much. These last couple of years, I send my kids out trick or treating or trunk or treating early and then steal their stash to hand out. Their getting to the age where I can't get away with that though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all the looks so fun and so cute for fall! Also I am a reeses person for sure they are just so yummy!
    xoxo,Victoria
    www.coffeeandablonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to replace my red heels and you've officially convinced me I should get burgundy instead. Love your wedges and that cozy grey cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all your outfits! The color combo and shoe combo in the second is a favorite. I have never found flats to be very comfortable either, but those leopard are sure cute. And yes to Reese's! That is without a doubt my favorite, especially the holiday ones.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. That olive top outfit and the casual one with the plaid ball cap are my faves! That is actually a good idea to keep track of what you buy and how much is left, which candies are popular, etc.! I actually prefer anything chocolate over Skittles, but I do love Mike & Ikes a lot if I had to pick something nonchocolatey.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the style inspo.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am with you on Reese's peanut butter cups. One of my favorite things by far! I have been debating getting leopard flats - I love leopard - but I really do not do the "flats" thing - so not sure how much I would wear them. Your first look is my favorite.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in the market for a good cardigan and express is a go-to for those. I feel like I have to buy a new one each year because the ones I got from loft last year didn't wash well and I wore them to death! Love all of your Fall touches :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you read Shay's post yet?? Her reason for choosing Reese's pumpkins is almost identical! And I have to say I COMPLETELY agree. Reese's are probably my favorite candy of them all, but I usually resist...unless they are shaped some special way for a holiday. That's when I give in and treat myself a little : ) So fun to read about your candy strategy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I just now read her post (two days later) and that is SO funny! What a coincidence- everything from the protein to the PB/Chocolate ratio!! Thanks for mentioning this!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for the mini review on the shoes! I've been looking for a pair of leopard print flats or small heels that look classy enough for work and those look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This outfits are so cute. Loved it. amazing post.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving every outfit of course! But especially loving those peep toe booties and leopard flats. I may need the leopard flats at that amazing price <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  17. I looooove the color of that bag, babe- perfect orange for fall (and Halloween)!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  18. This casual chic style is my favorite one!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: MILITARY COAT AND MAXI DRESS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the stripes one! And the Twix! So it is 3 to 1!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness! I haven't had Twix in forever and now I want!!!! But back to your outfits. That olive one element tee is so freaking good. I grabbed the magenta-ish color because I have so much olive and was trying to branch out! But I do love it! And the striped portofino looks awesome with that bag:
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. skittles are my favourite! people at work keep bringing candy in and i eat the skittles immediately because i have no control. yum. didn't know you could get mini twix.. will have to try those. checking out those flats as well, i love flats and wear them every day, and i wear my more uncomfortable ones on days i sit down a lot so they don't hurt as much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!