10/28/16

Outfit Recap + Friday Favorites 10/28/16

|
Happy Friday friends!  I'm looking forward to one final weekend of Fall festivities and some last-minute Halloween prep! I wouldn't say it's ideal to have Halloween fall on a Monday (sorry teachers for all the exhausted, sugar-fed kids you'll have in class on Tuesday), but I plan to make it fun regardless! But we before I get to all that, here's a recap of recent outfits I've worn with a call-out on some favorite pieces and a review of my new favorite service at Express this week.

Outfit Recap

ONE:
Jacket: Express (Similar) | Tee: Target | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Amazon | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Aldo (Similar) | Bracelet: Banana Republic (Gift)

My olive military jacket from last year at Express is a Fall favorite, and if you don't have one you love yet, I linked a similar option below that's on clearance for under $20 with all five star reviews! It looks to be a similar lightweight material to mine and you really can't beat that price.

Shop the Look:


TWO:
Jacket: Express | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon  | Necklace: Amazon

Unfortunately I couldn't capture the entire necklace in this picture but yes, I added another choker necklace to my collection. This one was under three dollars shipped, which is practically free. Can you blame me?

Shop the Look:


THREE:
Top: Macy's ( Similar) | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Watch: Fossil | Bag: Danielle Nicole (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon (Similar) |

The past two times I wore this top (see them here and here) my outfits were a little more dressy so this time I wanted to casual-ize it a bit more. I was happy with the way this outfit turned out and am really happy with this purchase altogether. This top comes in multiple other colors, and my exact color is running out of sizes. I have a couple of other options displayed below for similar color and style if this exact combination floats your boat more than the other colors.

Shop the Look:


FOUR:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Top Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bottom Necklace: Forever 21 | Bracelet: Express | Ring: Stella & Dot | Bag: Amazon

The top view of these peep-toe booties doesn't do them justice. They have a really cute side cut-out at the ankle just like a higher-end version that were part of the #NSale. I've wanted light grey peep toe booties just like this since last year and was so happy these worked out! I took my normal size and they fit perfectly. These come in four colors, and I'm wearing "Grey" here and you'll be seeing me wear the "Cognac" version in outfits soon. I also purchased the "Khaki" color. In person they were more olive green than they looked on the website (not a very accurate color name in my opinion), and I already have an olive pair that serves the same purpose, so I ended up returning those.

Shop the Look:

Front View:

Favorite of the Week:

ShopRunner Shipping at Express:

Last weekend I noticed a brand new shipping option for orders at Express. See it circled below:

For ages I have wished that Express would offer something like Amazon Prime (expedited shipping for an annual service fee) because their shipping is really slow for me. And now they've done exactly that with a third party service! I hope it's a permanent change and not temporary because I just tried it out and was so pleased with it.

For reference, ShopRunner is currently $79 per year (per their FAQ). That said, if you are an American Express card holder, you may already be eligible for this service at no additional cost. As it happens, I do have an AmEx card so all I had to do was sign up for a ShopRunner account.

So let's compare my shipping experience with ShopRunner vs. regular Express shipping. I ordered the jeans pictured above on Sunday, October 23. I received them on Wednesday, October 26, just three days after I placed my order. (If you're wondering if I like the jeans, the answer is a big yes. I'll have a review for them vs. two other Express styles I tried and didn't like next week.)

As for regular shipping, I ordered the dress below on Sunday, October 16 (exactly one week before the jeans). The dress didn't even ship out until the following Friday, October 21. Granted, that's slower than normal processing time for Express (usually it's 1-2 days), and I assume they were overwhelmed with orders from their 40% off sale. That said, the bottom line is that I ordered this a week before the jeans and still don't have it. It's due to arrive today (Friday), two full days after the jeans.

Going off my one experience, ShopRunner is a new favorite! They do partner with other retailers, but none that I personally shop as frequently as Express. Also, I said that my order arrived in
three days, and it states "2 Day Shipping" on the promotional text under the item I ordered. After reading a few more FAQs, I found that it does clarify two business days. Also, the order is still shipped from Express (not from ShopRunner itself), so the processing time still depends on the retailer. If it had taken five days to process my jeans order like it did with the dress, I would have received them much later. Still, I will take the two day shipping over the usual 6-8 days I have to wait!

As a final note of clarification, this post was not sponsored in any way. I'm simply sharing my personal experience with this service to help other shoppers make their own decision. Based on my first order I would absolutely be willing to pay for the annual ShopRunner membership (if I didn't already have an AmEx card) as long as I knew Express would continue to offer the service.

* * *
Have a safe and happy Halloween weekend and I will see you back next week for a denim review and all of the other usual stuff here!

Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey |

CONVERSATION

16 comments:

  1. i've heard of shoprunner before, ummm I may have to sign up, express shipping do take a long time. Loving all your classic outfits as per usual.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of shoprunner and now I'm wondering how many online stores use it. It's definitely worth the price! Love your new choker and the outfit with the burgundy top is so pretty! Have a fun weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these outfits dear!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute outfits! Really like the denim shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Amazon prime and also have an AMEX. That is such a cool service! I love shopping online but hate waiting for shipping. I need to try those jeans after baby. I feel like you always do such a good job picking accessories/shoes for your looks. The choker is perfect with the stripes. I love the front view of the boots you mentioned. They really do look great!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love those jackets! Super cute. Happy weekend!

    Liz

    Www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. under $3?! totally free basically. oooh those peep toe booties are CUTE.
    oh snap! i have an american express as well. this could be dangerous! that dress is so pretty, i can't wait to see if it works out when you FINALLY get it lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the open toes booties!!!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen shoprunner elsewhere but wasn't familiar with the service. It's good to know what it is now! Love all your open toed booties! I wish they were more practical here, but it gets cold so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I've never heard of shoprunner but it sounds great! Express shipping is so darn slow. By the time my order arrives, I've forgotten what I bought! Maybe that says more about my shopping then anything else but still. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have the prettiest necklaces! Love your striped top! =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  12. Al your wine colored details in these outfits rock my world! And I had zero idea about this new shipping option!!! I shall look into this! Two day shipping is seriously the best thing ever. Amazon was onto something good!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all these outfits. Casual bot none is boring. As always you have the best jeans and jackets.

    Hope all is well, Gina. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow never heard of shop runner I def need to check it out. great look too

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE all of these looks. Your burgundy bag is amazing!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!