10/25/16

Cozy Cardigan Roundup

|
As much as I love the polished look of a jacket to finish off an outfit, there are plenty of days where I just want the extra coziness or the slightly more casual look of a cardigan. My top three favorite, most-used cardigans are from Express (of couse) and there are some good current options available for each one that I wanted to share while there's still a good supply of sizes and options available.

One:
Sweater: Express (Current) | Cami: Express | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sole Society (Similar) | Bag: Express (Similar) | Ring: Kendra Scott

A neutral color like this is my number one favorite because it really goes with everything! I have a lighter weight version of this color as well, and I shared multiple ways I've worn that in this post along with some celebrity style inspiration for this color cardigan as well.

Shop the Look:


Two:

Sweater: Express (Current) | Cami: Express | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Boots: Macy's (Similar) | Ring: Kendra Scott | Bag: Aldo (Similar

My second choice for most versatile color actually goes to light grey (see below), but I'm sharing this olive version second because it's the same style as the previous neutral option. That said, this is still a favorite that gets plenty of use! 

Shop the Look:


Here's a look at the front view of these outfits, plus one additional way I've worn each one:

Outfit One + Three Details: See Above

Outfit Two: Sweater: Express (Current) | Cami: Express | Long Necklace: Express | Short Necklace: Chic Couture Online (Gift, Similar) | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Forever 21 (Similar) | Bag: Tory Burch

Outfit Four: Sweater: Express (Current) | Tunic Tank: Target (Maternity for length) | Leggings: Express | Boots: Target (Similar) | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Bag: Tory Burch

And here are this year's versions from Express. The olive version looks exactly the same as mine, while the neutral option is just slightly different this year:
Both Colors  + Black Here

Three: 
Sweater: Express (Similar) | Tank: Target | Leggings: Express | Necklace: c/o Kendra ScottShoes: Old Navy (Current) | Bag: Amazon (Similar)

I got so much use out of this sweater last year. My only complaint is that the draped collar tends to roll at the edges and not really stay put where I want it. I found a cheap and easy solution for that and shared the details in this post.

Shop the Look:


Here's the front view of this outfit + three other ways I've worn my grey cardigan:

Outfit One Details: See Above

Two: Sweater: Express (Similar) | Tank: Saks off 5th | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sole Society | Necklace: Target

Three: Sweater: Express (Similar) | Cami: Express (Similar Color) | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Shoes: Steve Madden

Four: Sweater: Express (Similar) | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Booties: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott

Here are the two current light grey options at Express:

I have just two cardigans on my wishlist this year. While I still like my current grey option, it's fairly thin and light weight. That's fine for all of the mild days we have, but on cooler days I would like a warmer option. And last but not least, a burgundy option would work easily into my wardrobe in place of my burgundy jackets for days I want more casual comfort. These two from Nordstrom are currently on my wishlist!
Both colors at Nordstrom

I don't like to buy pieces too far ahead of the weather here, but sometimes that means I miss out on the best items in my size or altogether. So if you own any current colors or styles that are wardrobe staples for you that I'm missing here, I'd love to hear about it in the comments!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

15 comments:

  1. I'm on a hunt for a longer camel cardigan, I ordered one so we'll see how I like it. The ones for nordstrom are exactly the style I'm looking for but different color.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need the olive one! Your animal print booties are amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the olive cardi and really need to add one to my closet. I have the burgundy one and I live in it!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear cardigans all fall and winter. I've been looking for an olive one. I love the burgundy too!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love a good cardi! i tend to stay away from those with draped collars because of how they sit, though i haven't tried your trick. love the burgundy colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those all cardi. Awesome post.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking into getting a long super cozy cardigan! I have two by loft but they are very thin and I want one that's super thick and soft. Looks like I'm going to express soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the olive version!! And your burgundy boots. And I can so see them together in the same outfit, with black jeans, grey tank GRIN

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got the neutral cardigan from Express today. It's a great fall staple! I've been on the hunt for a good burgundy one now so I need to check out your recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! I'm wearing a cardigan I just got from Free People as I type this haha! Such a fall staple and great for long flights when it gets chilly on the plane :)

    Love, Lindsey
    http://www.thenomisniche.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love cardigans like this! You're right, such an easy layer and more comfy that a jacket. I've been wearing them a lot while pregnant. Your colors are great.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them all! The perfect colors for Fall!
    Adi xx
    fancycorrectitude.com
    instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the olive cardigan. It's perfect for fall. xo~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's honestly the biggest reason why I can shop for fall and winter stuff on the middle of summer- the fear of missing out! But I totally get shopping to the real life temps, too! And I never think to buy or wear cardigans anymore but geez that olive cardigan is practically throwing itself at me!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am just in love with the outfit with the olive sweater, that necklace goes perfect with it and I've been wanting to get some leopard booties.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!