10/16/16

Blush Choker Tee + How to Style Pink

|
I wanted to post a little follow up on one of my recent sale purchases so anyone who might be on the fence about this item can get a little more detail and decide if it's for them before the current sale ends! In my other sale posts (here and here) I talked about this pink choker tee and now that it's here and I've had a chance to wear it, I have a little (lot?) more to say!

Here's how I wore this for the first time (or on its maiden voyage as Carylee would say!)
Tee: Express | Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon (Similar) | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Ring: Kendra Scott | Bag: c/o Fossil

Things to note: This is made of a very thin t-shirt material. Thinner than a London tee and much thinner than the plush jersey London tee. I don't mind that because it's still pretty warm here, so I was comfortable in this by itself with temps in the high 70s yesterday. If you live somewhere cooler you may want to layer it, and I have a few options for that below. One of the reviews commented about it being a bit difficult to get on your head due to the tight choker neckline and yes, that's true. Not at all impossible but a little delicate if you don't want to rip the shirt and/or ruin your hair. (I opted to mess up my hair and had to fix it a little after putting this on.) The third thing to note is that it is a rather deep v-neck, also similar to a London tee. Depending on how much modesty/coverage you need, it will either be too deep or you'll want a cami. I didn't want to wear a cami because I felt like it took away from the neckline (plus I didn't want the extra warmth.) But I did have to adjust it back up throughout the day. The pros (cute, different from anything else I own, easy to dress up or down, layer, style multiple ways, etc.) still outweighed the cons for me, and I'm really happy with this purchase.

Shop the Look:


For layering and alternate styling options, I rounded up some of the ways I've styled my pink Barcelona Cami since its a similar color:

Light Olive/Taupe Jacket:
Jacket: Express (Similar) | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: J Crew (Gift, Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon | Bracelet: Express


Neutral Cardigan:
Sweater: Express (Similar) | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Forever 21 (Similar) | Three Layer Necklace: CCO (Sold Out, Similar) | Long Necklace: Express | Bag: Tory Burch

Grey Cardigan:
Sweater: Express (Similar) | Cami: Express | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Sunglasses: Nordstrom | Nails: Essie "Model Clicks"

Front View:

And now I'm off for some Sunday Family time! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey | Alison | Amy Ann

CONVERSATION

14 comments:

  1. That choker tee looks amazing on you. I think the cons would make me pass on it. Ease of wear and easy on the hair are two requirements for me, but I'm glad it works for you. Meanwhile, I'm adding blush and olive to my list of Gina-inspired color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see how you styled it and some potential styling options! I am loving the blush color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I don't own anything pink...that's got to change :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pink shirt is lovely!! I like your style~ I like t-shirt which are comfortable and stylish. You can visit imprints-tshirt site to get your unique t-shirt now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the choker tee looks so good on you and love this shade of pink.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  6. That choker tee looks amazing on you! The blush color is so pretty!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous shirt dear, love the colour! Thanks for sharing!

    Faye .x

    Blog: http://www.fayeisabella.co.uk/2016/10/how-to-be-parisian.html
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fayeisabella/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha!! Thanks for the maiden voyage shout out!! This was a really thorough review of the top! I am glad you explained having to pull it over your head. I was wondering if there was a button closure on it. I also agree that I prefer the sans cami look. I may have to try this on the next time I'm in store! Baby steps to the choker trend!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the snap you shared of this top on IG! The choker detail is so fun. This shade of pink looks great on you, and I love all your layering options.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a pretty colour! i am glad you mentioned pulling it over your head because i would absolutely ruin it in a heartbeat. i am the kind of person who accidentally puts her feet through distressed holes in jeans and makes them bigger. oops. i do love the colour though and would totally wear this without the choker part.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing the multiple ways to style it! Great looks!

    Jamie
    http://www.treatsandtrendsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The maiden voyage :)
    This tee is so cute on you! I've never seen it in person but I like the concept! It reminds me of something Katie wears (she has free people dresses with that same choker style).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty in Pink! Love how you styled the pink tee! =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!