10/15/16

40% Off Fall Favorites

|
It's Saturday and I am up way too early. Somehow I forgot to shut off my weekday alarm on my phone, and once it went off I couldn't go back to sleep. So why not blog a little and feel like I did something productive with my extra time? With the current sale I decided to do a roundup of my recent purchases from Express that are still in stock and have been getting put to good use lately.

1. Olive Jeans
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bracelet: Banana Republic | Bag: Amazon (Similar)

I purchased these pants before there were any reviews online, and it's probably a good thing otherwise I wouldn't have purchased them! The reviews are terrible (rips, fading, etc.) , and I guess I have been lucky because I haven't had any of those issues. I've grown to like these more each time I wear them because I think they're really flattering and a nice change from blue jeans...but still neutral. I've already worn them several times!



2. Portofino Shirt in Berry
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Express | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks | Bag: Amazon 
Shoes: Sole Society

Obviously this color is perfect for fall, and the Portofino shirt a great year-round staple for me because it's easy to dress up or down, layer with a sweater/jacket, or wear on its own. Here are the three ways I've worn this color so far!

Outfit Two Details:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Danielle Nicole (Similar)

Outfit Three Details:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Booties: Forever 21 | Bag: Amazon

Here are a few past posts for more ideas on styling this shirt in any color and how to style it with everything from shorts to skirts to leggins:of outfit inspiration
3. London Tees
Tee: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: J Crew (Similar) | Nails: Essie "Model Clicks"

I have to tell you, this Fall Express raised the prices on these shirts to $39.90 (they used to be more like $25-30 for plush jersey?) and even though they are favorites of mine, I won't be paying $40 for a t-shirt. (Sounds like a Macklemore song, doesn't it?) But they've started including the One Eleven Collection in their sales and promotions lately, so paying $24 during the 40% Off Sale is worth it! Here's a front view of the outfit above, plus the second color I just purchased and another outfit I've worn with the original London Tee:

Outfit Two Details:
Tee: Express | Jeans: Express | Choker: Amazon | Shoes: Amazon

Outfit Three Details:
Tee: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Forever 21 | Shoes: Forever 21

Growing Wishlist:

I shared my in-store sale purchases here...and then I saw a couple of additional items online (thanks in part to social media, of course, like the jacket that Tracy found) that I hadn't seen in store, so my wishlist grew a little bit and I might be placing one more order before the sale ends. There's also a really perfect date night/girl's night out top (available in three colors but I bought black) that I purchased awhile back and that I think a lot of you will love, but I haven't had the chance to wear it yet! So feel free to scroll through my wishlist + unblogged recent purchases below!



Happy shopping and happy Saturday!


CONVERSATION

8 comments:

  1. Yes! The jacket it worth it. It's nice to have one a bit different from the typical olive color. My store only had one so I wonder if it was a return. I lucked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the London one eleven v-neck tunic? The v looks pretty low so I'm not sure. Also, how about that deep v neck THONG(!) body suit. OMG. How is that even slightly comfortable?!?!??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The London V Neck Tunic is what I'm wearing it outfit three/set three! Sometimes the product name includes the word tunic, sometimes it's just a tee, sometimes it's a tunic tee. They keep changing it! On me it's definitely not tunic length because I can't wear it with leggings (doesn't cover enough) but it's a pretty long tee. The v neck is pretty deep. Depending on where I'm going I might wear a bralette or cami under it for extra modesty. The plush jersey v neck ones are not as deep, which is another reason I like them a little better than the regular fabric.

      Delete
  3. I bought a couple sweaters in this sale and hope we will still have some cool weather when it arrives. Great items!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looks! I love that olive top!
    Adi xx
    fancycorrectitude.com
    instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the olive jeans!!!
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I'm finally catching up on life and can read my phone in the car without feeling nauseous. Ha! These are great fall basics! I'm wearing olive skinnies again today. Totally couldn't live without them. They really do go with all the colors and prints! And the burgundy is really flattering on you!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love that last jacket! bummer about your weekday alarm on a weekend, i swear if i wake up early on a weekend, i can never get back to sleep but on a weekday i could sleep like 10 more hours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!