9/28/16

What's Up Wednesday September

|
I'm joining What's Up Wednesday for a little end-of-the month review because it's a fun way to share some random topics here in addition to my usual outfits and shopping posts.

I answered several of the questions from the prompt below, so read on to see what's been going on around here this month.

What I'm eating this week:
Technically I'm not eating this anymore because I bought one pack and when I went back for more, it was sold out! But if you find this Apple Cinnamon Trail Mix at your local Target (I found it on an end cap near the granola bar aisle with a lot of other seasonal snacks) grab a bag! It's such a good blend of fall flavors.
Image via: Target


What I'm Reminiscing About:
If you saw my Snapchat or Instagram Story over the weekend you know I went to the Miramar Air Show and it was just amazing! Definitely a memorable and worthwhile experience.
Breitling Jet Team in Formation

What I've been up to:
This year (and for the past several years) I've volunteered as Room Mom in one of my students' classrooms because it's a good fit for my schedule and personality. The start of the year involves working with the teacher on a plan for the classroom events of the year, then getting the class funds and budget set up. So that's keeping me busy lately on top of my usual blog, family, hobbies, and social stuff. (See several of my school volunteering outfits in this post.)

What I'm working on:
I've been working on a Fall blogger collaboration that starts on Tuesday, October 4 and I'm excited for launch day!

What I'm excited about:
Well this is good news: Taking selfies makes you happy. They did a study.  And I take selfies almost every day so I guess I have no excuse for bad moods!

What I'm watching/reading:
I gave the full scoop on all things entertainment on Monday (find it here), but I just finished The Woman in Cabin Ten after I wrapped up that post and it's another one I recommend. I heard that it was similar to "The Girl on the Train" and I do think that's a valid comparison.

After finishing that one I wanted something lighter, so I decide to read Pledged. It's interesting but not exactly what I thought. The author switches back and forth between a fictional story and discussing studies and facts about sorority life and I find it hard to stay engaged or follow the story with that writing style. I still think I'll finish it because it's interesting, but it's not exactly a, "can't put it down" kind of book.

What I'm listening to:
Just the radio lately. And I don't change the station if "Starboy" by The Weeknd or "Gold" by Kiiara happen to be on.

What I'm wearing:
I share my (almost) daily outfits on Instagram, but if you missed any this month here's a look at my four most-liked outfits for September:

ONE: 
Tee: Express | Pants: Express | Necklace:  J Crew (Similar) | Bag: Tory Burch (Option) | Bracelet: Banana Republic (Gift, Option)

Shop the Look:


TWO:
Jacket: Maurice's (Similar) | Cami: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon (Similar)

Shop the Look:


THREE:  
Tee: Express | Jeans: Express | Bralette: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: c/o Fossil | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Watch: Fossil

Shop the Look:




FOUR:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Bracelet: Banana Republic (Gift, Similar) | Shoes: Sole Society (Similar)

Shop the Look:


Front View:

What I'm doing this weekend:
Saturday will be packed! My kids have their first performance with their Parkour team so I'll be trying out my new role of Stage Mom. I'm more excited for their event than they are! In the evening we have a get together with some friends from my dance studio. Sunday will be some other family activity...TBD depending a lot on the weather!

Bonus Question: What is your favorite Fall Recipe?
A few weeks back my son got a Molasses Sandwich cookie at a bakery and ever since then I've been trying to re-create a similar homemade cookie. So far I haven't been 100% satisfied with the results of the different recipes I've tried (either because of texture or appearance), but my family has been loving the attempts and eating all the cookies anyway. I want something very similar in appearance to the cookies displayed below, so I probably need to try that recipe next!
Image via: Land-O-Lakes

That's all the latest news from around here this month! See you back on Friday!





Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

16 comments:

  1. I so love reading these, I'm super excited about the Fall collab and these olive pants look so good. I think I need a pair. I love starboy too and been listening to Gold since it came out.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. those cookies look good! hope you're able to find the perfect recipe. that pledged book sounds weird with the switching back and forth between fictional and studies.. and yay for selfies making you happy! i take a lot of workout selfies, so i hope that counts. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that selfies make you happy! I'm excited to see your up coming fall collaboration! Those cookies look so good - I hope you share your recipe when you find the perfect one!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love molasses cookies! If you ever perfect the recipe or find a good one to make them into sandwiches, I hope you share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious about selfies making you happy! Ha! And I am impressed with your room Mjm duties! That sounds like a lot of fun and I can only imagine that teacher is ridiculously grateful for your help! As far as outfits,I need more bralettes in my life! That striped top outfit is my fave!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That trail mix looks so good. I seriously cannot have a bag like that in my house. I know it's healthy but not when you eat as many servings as I tend to, ha! It's a weakness of mine. I think it is so cool you volunteer at school. I always love your outfits butt hey have been especially great lately!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfits! How high are the mid-rise jeans? I've purchased high-rise jeans from express and they come right to my belly button. I want to see if the mid-rise will work, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! The mid-rise jeans come up to just barely under my belly button. When I first started wearing them they felt very high to me!! I own just one pair of high rise and for comparison those hit about 2" higher and completely cover my belly button. I'm sure everyone's torso is different so they may be different on you, but hope that helps a bit.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I definitely have a long torso so most mid-rise jeans fit more like low-rise. Thought I'd give the express ones a try.

      Delete
  8. I always love your outfits-you have the best style! And I do not appreciate you posting that trail mix..I am totally buying some on my lunch break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sorry! Good luck finding it though! Obviously word spread that it's delicious because I haven't been able to find it at any Targets here since the first time!

      Delete
  9. I'm excited about the Fall collab too! I've already done my first post, just need to figure out if it'll upload correctly because I used a rewardstyle app that I've never tried before.
    And yay for selfies lol! They make me happy too...from the shoulders up! Otherwise I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you through the link-up today : )

    I love all of your outfits! I'm glad I discovered your blog because I've always liked Express but I don't have a ton of clothing from there..I think you might inspire me to go shopping because all of your outfits are so chic!

    Can I ask if you have some sort of tanning method as part of your beauty routine? If it's natural I am SO jealous, but if you use some sort of self-tanning lotion I'd love to know! Your skin is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your outfits. Awesome post.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!