9/8/16

Virgo Style Featuring Blake Lively

|
Every month I do a style spotlight on a celebrity whose birthday falls under the Astrological sign of the season. Right now we're in the middle of Virgo Season (August 23 - September 22), and this month's featured Virgo woman is Blake Lively (August 25, 1987) who turned 29 this year.

Blake is currently pregnant with baby #2, and while I'm sure her maternity style is flawless, I wanted to focus on some of her older Fall-friendly outfits. I chose four outfits she's worn that have similar pieces to things I own. So when the temps cool down, I have quick access to easy ways to style them for Fall.
Photo Sources: One- | Two | Three | Four

Outfit One: Denim Jacket
Jacket: Nordstrom | Dress: Express (Similar) | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Ring: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Sandals: Sam Edelman

My denim jacket is fairly new so I've only worn it as a lightweight summer layer. I have a grey tee and black skinny jeans similar to what Blake is wearing in her first look, so this should be an easy piece to transition into fall.

Shop this Look:


Outfit Two: Olive Blouse
Top: Express (Dark Green) | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Shoes: DV Safia | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Watch: Fossil | Bracelet: Express | Nails: Essie Flowerista

For some reason I have always worn this blouse with black or white jeans. I think they look great with dark denim and pumps (although mine wouldn't be nearly as high!) as Blake wore in Outfit Two above.

Shop this Look:


Outfit Three: Black Moto Jacket
Jacket: Express | Cami: Express (Current colors may vary) | Jeans: ExpressNecklace: Express | Bag: Tory Burch (Similar) | Booties: Express (Similar)

Historically I haven't been much of a dress person but I have to say I'm coming around to them. They are really convenient when I'm pressed for time to get dressed, and I would love a fall-colored option like the one Blake is wearing in her Outfit Three above.

Shop this Look:

Outfit Four: Olive Jeans
Tee: Express | Jeans: ExpressNecklace: J Crew (Gift, Similar) | Bracelet: Banana Republic (Similar) | Bag: Tory Burch (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon

I generally pair olive with white or black, and I don't know why it never occurred to me to try it with a neutral like charcoal grey like Blake did in Outfit Four.

Shop this Look: 


Front View:

I love getting a lot of mileage out of my current wardrobe pieces, and month after month my Astrology posts (go figure!) end up giving me new ways to do that. I wish I could just as easily tailor them to all of your closets, but hopefully you can still find a few outfits or items in each one that you can relate to as well!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey | Alison

CONVERSATION

13 comments:

  1. An olive blouse is the perfect piece for fall, I will have to go hunt one down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blake's effortless style is so easy to recreate! I'm loving all of the olive this fall!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Blake. I think with that hair, she could wear a bag and still look good. But, she nonetheless has great style. I'm a big fan of the denim jacket and have depended on mine for years. I'm sure you'll get some mileage out of yours. You would look great in dress #3. Wow, she does wear some high heels, doesn't she.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need those olive pants...every time you wear them I want to pick them up! Looks like I need to make an online order :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got an olive blouse for fall and can't wait to wear it more! I need to try mine with dark jeans too! Blake always looks on point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her style is great! There's a simplicity to it that I'm naturally attracted to, and she still looks chic. Love the third outfit! I want a berry or plum colored dress to pair with black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her so much! And I love these outfits you pulled of hers to feature. Black and burgundy is such a great combo. That and the olive/grey are my favorites!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're making me think my wardrobe is missing an olive blouse, I shall fix that soon :)

    I've never been a big fan of Blake's style (I may be the only one though lol), because her accessories hardly ever go with her clothes. But I like the ones you posted and your interpretations are better than the originals ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really digging Blake's style. It's simple, yet really works. I love the olive pants (I need a pair) with charcoal!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! Blake's style is effortless. Love your looks, too!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm amazed at how simple, yet versatile your pieces are. You can create so many *different* looks with simple basics. I know I say this every time I pop in, but I honest LOVE every single one of your outfits!!! xx-S

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i love blake lively. sometimes i think she looks ridiculous, but most of the time she looks flawless haha. i only own 2 olive pieces (and i only just bought them so haven't worn them) but i used to own olive jeans and had no idea how to wear them - i only paired them with black, if i remember correctly. i don't own white jeans, so for the two new tops i have, i'll try and wear them with other jeans besides black.. maybe grey (because i bought a pair of grey jeans on my trip too, oops) and maybe blue. we'll see.
    i love that you're coming around to dresses! they are fabulously convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple but lovely style. Liked it.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!