9/16/16

Outfits Lately + Top Fall Trends 2016

|
We've been back to school for about a month now and it finally feels like we are settling into a weekly routine! It's definitely not as relaxing as summer, but at least I'm getting used to it so I don't have the "I miss summer!" blues as much. If you missed yesterday's post about the current sale at Express, go check it out here

Outfit Recap:
We've had cool nights and mornings (hence the jeans and jackets) but it still warms up in the afternoon, so I often end up switching from pants to shorts and ditching the jacket. But I only take outfit photos once a days, so I'll just have to leave the "afternoon version" of these outfits to your imagination!

ONE:
Jacket: Maurice's (Similar) | Cami: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon (Similar)

Shop the Look:


TWO:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Bracelet: Banana Republic (Gift, Similar) | Shoes: Sole Society (Similar)

Shop the Look:


THREE:
Jacket: Express (Similar) | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: J Crew (Gift, Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon | Bracelet: Express

Shop the Look:


FOUR:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon | Watch: c/o Fossil | Necklace: Kendra Scott

Shop the Look:


Front View:

Top Fall Trends At-a-Glance:
I had a recent question about whether or not I'd be wearing the wide-legged pants trend this fall, so I thought I would answer that here along with a quick look at all of the top trends for Fall 2016. I found a good list  (with helpful visuals) over at Style Caster, so here's a recap along with my 2 cents on whether I think I'll be wearing them or not.

1. Statement Fur
- No.

2. Ruffles
- Maybe. I don't currently have anything with ruffles but I like them (usually if they're smaller and more subtle).

3. Shades of Tan 
- Sort of. This is a tricky shade for me to wear in tops/jackets (more often than not it doesn't flatter me) but I do like it a lot. And I'll definitely wear it in shoes and bags.
Image via Style Caster

4. Gold Metallic
- Yes.

5. Shearling Bombers
- No.

6. Turtlenecks under dresses
- No.

7. Plaid Overcoats
- Maybe.

8. Off the Shoulder
- Yes. (Technically I think I'll be wearing cold shoulder rather than Off the Shoulder...but I think it's all one trend family.)

9. Dusty Pink and Yellow
- Yes and No. (I love pink but yellow is unflattering on me.)

10. Pantsuits
- No.

11. Fall Florals
- Maybe.

12. Chokers
-Yes.

This particular list didn't include wide-legged pants, but I found a much longer trend list here and it includes them under pantsuits and pinstripe suits. In either case, I just don't think they will be flattering on me, so I'll probably pass. But if I've learned anything here it's never say never! My opinions and tastes change frequently!

Most of my "Maybe" answers above depend on whether I find a piece I really love that features that trend or not. I only had four "Yes" answers out of twelve, so I guess that means I'm only 33% Trendy. Let me know how you all rate on the top Fall Trends!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey | Alison

CONVERSATION

11 comments:

  1. Loving all your distressed denim! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait to see your take on the trends you want to try, it's funny they mentioned gold metallic because I just got a gold skirt for the Holidays. I'm super early I know.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm on board with most of the trends except the pantsuits, chokers and statement fur! I love yellow but it's hard to find a shade that is flattering. Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your shoes in this week's outfits. The olive with the pink is a fav. Good roundup of fall trends. You know me, I love to try them all!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have definitely learned never say never as well! i remember when skinny jeans started being really popular i was like why would you wear those? they look ridiculous! i would NEVER wear them. now i don't own jeans that aren't skinny! lol. i am pear shaped, and every 'rule book' or whatever always says to avoid skinny jeans/pants when you have more hip and booty than anything else, and to go with wide leg, flares or bootcut.. but i have never felt they flatter me, or are as comfortable as skinny jeans. so you know. whatever lol.
    love all of your shoes in this post. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have great style! I love all of these looks!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these fall transition outfits! Those burgundy heels are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely outfits. Loved all of these outfits.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never say never is a good attitude to take, especially in fashion! I never thought I'd wear half the things I do, and vice versa! Love your denim looks. You always accessorize so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see a tassel necklace thing going on here :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!