9/30/16

Express Outfit Recap 9/29/16

|
Happy Friday! As usual I'm sharing my four favorite outfits this week, but instead of just letting the clothes speak for themselves, I'm throwing in a little explanation about where I wore a particular outfit or additional information on fit/sizing, etc. to add some context to the visuals.

Outfit Recap:

ONE:
Top: Express (Similar) | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Bag: Amazon | Shoes: Amazon

Outfit Notes: My choker necklace was a Labor Day Sale purchase from Express. It sold out that weekend (so hopefully some of you got it when I first posted it!) and unfortunately they haven't re-stocked it. But I just purchased the similar option I linked above for myself since it has a bit more silver in it than this one. And in general I'm liking choker necklaces as a fun way to update a look/add a trend without breaking the bank, so I'm excited to add another to my collection.

Shop the Look:




TWO:
Top: Macy'sJeans: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Shoes: Zara | Clutch: Express (Similar) | Bracelet: Stella & Dot (Similar)

Outfit Notes: I wore this to a RewardStyle Blogger Dinner on Monday night, and if there's any time to dress up and wear your trendiest pieces, it's a fashion blogger event! For me, my trendiest piece is this cold shoulder + bell sleeve top! It's one of my favorite purchases this fall and now on sale for under $30! For size reference, normally I wear an XS in Express tops and I am wearing a 0 in this. (I'm not used to numerical sizing for tops so I got lucky when this worked out.) I also dusted off my favorite (albeit very uncomfortable) Zara heels for this, and sadly I cannot find anything remotely similar to these!

Shop the Look:

THREE:

Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sole Society (Exact Style in Black and other colors) | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bracelets: Nordstrom

Outfit Notes: This is my only pair of High Waisted jeans from Express, and earlier this week I had a question about how they compare to Mid-Rise jeans. For me, Mid-Rise jeans hit just under my belly button. High Waisted Jeans are about 2 inches higher and cover my belly button.

Shop the Look:


FOUR:
Tee: Nordstrom Rack (Similar) | Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) | Shoes: Nordstrom | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift, Similar) | Short Necklace: Jewelry .com | Clear Stadium Bag: Amazon

Outfit Notes: This is the outfit I wore to the Air Show I mentioned in Wednesday's Post. It was a hot day and I knew I'd be doing a lot of walking so comfort was key! I was also lucky to catch the fine print in the event promotional materials about only clear  (NFL Stadium Approved) bags allowed through security at this event on a military base. The one I ordered was just the right size for my essentials, and I loved the front pouch for quick access to my phone. The crossbody style was also very convenient so I had free hands to hold my phone, food, etc.

Shop the Look:


Front View:

Favorite Blog Question this Week:
By "favorite" question, I really just mean it was an easy one for me to answer! I wanted to post it here in case anyone else may have the same question. Earlier this week,  Lauren wrote this comment on one of my posts, "Can I ask if you use some sort of sunless tanning as part of your beauty routine?"

100% yes. I use sunless tanner daily, year round. In San Diego you never know when it's going to be 85° in in January and you need to wear shorts, so I just prefer to keep my "glow" ready year round. In a nutshell I use Jergens Natural Glow most days, with some Norvell Foam about once a week when I really want to boost my color. I gave the full scoop on favorite Sunless Tanning products and techniques in this post.

Favorite Style Challenge: Wear What Where
If you follow me on Instagram, you might have noticed that throughout the month of September I used #septemberwearwhatwhere on some of my outfits. That's my way of indicating that I was playing along with the Wear What Where Instagram Style Challenge and using those prompts as a sstarting point for creating an outfit. For example with this outfit the prompt was "Berry Ready for Fall" so I wore a berry-colored top. It comes in handy as a starting point for putting together an outfit on those days when I'm not feeling especially inspired.

That said, I'm excited to be co-hosting October Wear What Where starting tomorrow! If you need outfit inspiration feel free to join us by using the prompts below to inspire your outfits, and use #octoberwearwhere if you post them on Instagram. And if you want to win some great prizes for your participation please check out this Instagram post for details!

I have a feeling on October 11 it might be a little difficult to narrow down what to wear!



Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey | Alison

CONVERSATION

17 comments:

  1. I'm loving the choker trend too and it's a fairly inexpensive one. You have to tell me how that dinner went, the only time they had one in South Florida I couldn't go. As always, very cute outfits.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little envious you are still wearing shorts! Fall officially arrived here this week. Love all of these outfits but my favorite is the first look with the choker and layered necklace!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsessed with that cold shoulder top you wore to the Reward Style dinner - such a gorgeous color! Awesome round up <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cold shoulder top is really cute and such a great deal - $25 on sale! What do you think of Express jeans? I haven't bought a pair, but I love the look of their jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hey Candace! Express jeans are my personal favorite. I only own one other brand (Vigoss) and I prefer Express over those because I think they are more comfortable and have more stretch (without losing their shape throughout the day). For a break down on different types of Jeans at Express do a search (search bar is at the top right hand side of my page) for Express Jeans and Other Things and the post dated 2/2/16 should give you a good breakdown of fits, my favorites, etc.

      Delete
  5. Love the way you layer your necklaces, especially with that choker! I need to get myself one! And can I just say you have the best bags. You have a knack for choosing just the right one with every outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL have fun with october 11! this sounds really fun. i could totally participate on the 29th, if you accepted real cats.
    i bet you were the best dressed blogger at that event :)
    i haven't been to a stadium since they started that clear bag thing, but the one you have is brilliant! i will buy that if i ever go to another stadium because that's way cuter than like a plastic bag lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your outfits this week! Your rewardstyle look is honestly my favorite from all the ones I have seen on insta! The top is gorgeous, and I love the shoes ( too bad they are uncomfortable though ). Can't wait to follow along on your October insta outfits! I may join in if I can ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha!! Good point! Excited to see what you pick for the 11th! And interesting to hear about the high waisted jeans. I haven't tried any there. I didn't realize you had a pair so it's good to have that info in my back pocket! And I'm a broken record but I love the cold shoulder.
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The third one inspires me! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing outfits. Loved it.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get so much casual outfit inspiration from you!
    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hermoso tu estilo!!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm new to your blog and i like it. Your outfits speaks to me. I can see myself wearing something like this on a daily basis and more because I work on a very casual environment. My question is not that smart but where is your pin bottom. I have tried every one on this page and I can't pin the outfits. I'm pretty sure is in front of my nose but I can find it. I have click in every picture but nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Millie! Thank you for the comment and the nice feedback! I am not sure what was causing the Pinterest issue but thank you for letting me know about it! I just went in and tried to fix it. It's working on my end now (meaning when I hover over a photo you should see a red button that says "P Save" which will let you save to Pinterest) so please let me know if it still does not work for you!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!