9/2/16

Express Labor Day Sale. 40% Off Summer-to-Fall Favorites

|
Labor Day weekend kicks off today and you know what that means...ALL OF THE SALES. It's fun to take advantage of great prices but it also gets a little overwhelming to narrow down my purchases so I don't spend ALL OF THE MONEY! Express is having a storewide 40% off sale and today I'm sharing my personal favorites to take your wardrobe from Summer to Fall with the hope that it will help you narrow down your selections as well.


If you've followed my blog for any amount of time, you know that my favorites don't change a lot from year to year. I tend to favor basic, classic pieces that offer a lot of versatility in styling options. Here's a recap on some of those key pieces I reach for year after year, along with a variety of ways I've worn them for different weather and different occasions. (I'm only linking to pieces that are currently available as of posting time. Sources are listed for all items but if it's not linked it's no longer available online.)

STAPLE TOPS:

Portofino Shirts Summer to Fall: These shirts were on sale for 40% off earlier this month and a lot of colors options were cleaned out, but exact or very similar options for the ones displayed below are still available!
Shop all Current Portofino Shirt Options: HERE

ONE:
Top: Express | Shorts: Guess | Necklace: Express | Sandals: Nordstrom

TWO:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Express | Shoes: Target

THREE:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Express | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks | Bag: Amazon 
Shoes: Sole Society

FOUR:
Top: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Sweater: Express | Jeans: Nordstrom | Boots: Express

For more outfit ideas with Portofino Shirts or to decide which color would work best with your style, check out some of these past posts:
Barcelona Cami Summer to Fall:
Shop all Current Barcelona Cami Options: HERE
ONE: 
Top: Express | Shorts: J Crew Factory | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bracelets: Charmed StacksBag: AmazonSandals: Nordstrom Rack |

TWO:
Top:
Express | Pants: Express | Necklace: Express | Ring: Express | Shoes: Target

THREE:
Top: ExpressJacket: Express | Necklace: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sole Society

FOUR:
Top: Express | Jacket: Express | Necklace: Express | Jeans: Express | Boots: Macy's
  • For TWENTY additional outfit ideas with the Barcelona Cami please see this post.
NEWER FAVORITE TOPS:
Each of these next two tops have been in my closet less than a year so I consider them "new" favorites. But they're perfect for transition weather and fall.

ONE:
Plaid Shirt: Express | Tank: Target | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Sandals: Sam Edelman | Bag: c/o Danielle Nicole

TWO:
Top: Express | Tank: Target | Jeans: Express | Sandals: Forever 21 | Bag: Amazon

THREE: 
Top: Express | Dress: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott| Bag: Amazon | Sandals: Nordstrom

FOUR: 
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Sandals: Nordstrom | Bag: Amazon

One of the things on my wishlist for this sale is another color of the Oversized Plaid top (from Outfit One), possibly one of these. Right now I'm leaning toward turquoise, but it's hard to decide!

JACKETS:
Express has good sales on Jeans and Tops fairly often, but there aren't nearly as many opportunities to get Jackets on sale, so that is one of the first categories I like to shop when there's a storewide sale. A couple of my favorites from Express are Military Jackets and (Minus) the Leather Jackets:


ONE:
Jacket: Express (Current Version)  | Tee: Old Navy | Belt: Gap | Sandals: Express

TWO:
Jacket:
Express (Current Version) | Dress: Express | Necklace: Bloomgindales (Gift) | Boots: Target

THREE:
Jacket: Express | Tee: Old Navy | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Shoes: Sole Society

FOUR: 
Jacket: Express | Tee: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Express


FAVORITE JEANS: 

As you can tell from the outfits I'm wearing above, most of my favorite jeans are from Express and of course, included in the sale! For a breakdown of the different types of jeans at Express (e.g. Performance Stretch vs. Jean Leggings vs. Supersoft) check out my review and explanation in This Post.
* * *

I originally planned to share my wishlist and/or Sale Purchases in today's post but unfortunately I couldn't fit that into my schedule. I will try to put a little something together to share over the weekend for those who like to know what I buy and have a chance to get it at the sale price themselves. I'm also stalking a couple of items at other stores and waiting for a good sale so I'll include those in the bonus post as well. So make sure to check back over the holiday weekend or subscribe via email if you want to know what I bought!



Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. This time I went a totally different route and didn't get my usual pieces, I think it's a good thing.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the plaid tops! They look so soft and comfy! Have a wonderful long weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up a couple portofino shirts for work. They look nice and are very comfortable-my main requirements for work clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ALL the pieces in this post. Would love for my fall wardrobe to look exactly like this. Really appreciate the mix and match quality of each garment!! xx-S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see what you pick up from the sale! I'm on another no-buy (when will new home purchases stop!?!?!? I want to buy fun stuff!) so I will live vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the current version of the military jacket. I haven't tried mine on lately but am not expecting good results! Thanks for the reminder! I also love seeing this progression of seasonal wear of your fave pieces!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm glad i missed this sale! hahaha jk. i did shop at an express outlet store in vegas though, that was fun :) my mum and her friend even bought stuff! it wasn't crazy discounted, mostly 30%-40% but still. not full price!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!