8/31/16

What's Up Wednesday August

|
I'm joining What's Up Wednesday for a little end-of-the month review because it's a fun to share some random topics here in addition to my usual outfits and shopping posts.

I answered a few of the relevant questions from the prompt below, so read on to see what's been going on around here this month.

What I'm eating this week:
This is so bizarre, but I think writing all these fall-themed posts about the color olive and purchasing a couple of olive clothing items made me crave olives:

I love trying the different types at the Olive Bar in the grocery store, and my favorite is the marinated olives with feta cheese combo. I usually snack on them with the crackers from this post or the Pretzel Crisps from this one. And when I say it's bizarre, it's only that never in my life have I craved olives nor eaten as many olives as I have in the last month!

What I'm dreading:
I looked at my calendar for the month and noticed I'm due for an oil change. I'd rather go to the dentist than go for an oil change, so I guess that's pretty high on my "dread" list.

What I'm working on:
I don't get to post much about my involvement in Tae Kwon Do here (or even on social media) but I do still attend classes 2-3 times per week with my boys and I'm working my way up the ranks toward Black Belt. I'm a little over halfway there now so it finally feels within reach! Starting this was way outside my comfort zone but I'm really glad I I did it.

What I'm excited about:
Labor Day Weekend! An extra day to relax and hopefully some really good sales!

What I'm watching:
Since the Olympics ended, I haven't been watching TV, but Dancing with the Stars starts on September 12 so I will tune in for that. They just revealed the cast of the show yesterday (see it here) and as usual I've never even heard of half of the "stars." I do think Laurie Hernandez will be great based on her floor work in gymnastics.

What I'm reading:
Currently I'm reading Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty.
This is the fifth book I've read of hers (still need to read The Hypnotist's Love Story and her latest Truly, Madly Guilty) and so far it's exactly what I hoped it would be (i.e. her usual fun and frivolous 30-something chick lit).

Earlier this month I read Vanishing Girls.
I liked the twist near the end (and didn't see it coming), but other than that it was just okay for me. 

In July I shared that I was reading The Silent Girls and I also finished that up earlier this month.

This rated about the same for me as Vanishing Girls. It was okay but I wasn't that into it.

I don't know why I've read so many books with the word "Girls" in the title lately, but I can tell you that my next book is going to be "The Woman in Cabin 10." I've heard great things about it and maybe I'll relate better to a book about a woman rather than a girl?

What I'm Wearing:
I share my (almost) daily outfits on Instagram, so here's a look at my top four most-liked outfits for the month of August:

ONE:
Jacket: Nordstrom (Low Stock, Similar) | Cami: Express | Jeans: ExpressNecklace: J Crew (Gift, Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:


TWO:
Top: Nordstrom Rack | Shorts: Express (Similar) | Necklace: J Crew (Similar)  | Sandals: Nordstrom | Bag: Amazon | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: LOFT

Shop the Look:


THREE:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express  | Clutch: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Target | Necklace: Kendra Scott (gift) | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks

Shop the Look:


FOUR:
Top: Express (Same Item, Similar Print) | Shorts: Target (Similar) | Shoes: Steve Madden | Bag: Express (Similar) | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bracelets: Express | Watch: Fossil | Ring: Nordstrom

Shop the Look:


Front View:

What I'm doing this weekend:
Between a night out with some friends on Saturday, a birthday party for my oldest on Sunday and my usual fitness classes it should be a busy weekend. The only day that's not 100% decided is Labor Day itself!

What I'm looking forward to next month:
Noelle and I convinced our husbands to do a Couples Dance workshop next month. We always have fun when we hang out, and this should be equal parts fun and hilarious. I'll do what I can to share some of it on Snapchat for those who follow me there! (@ontheDailyX)

* * *
That's the latest from here this month! I'll see you back here on Friday!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

17 comments:

  1. You have a lot of fun stuff to look forward to and you make me want to buy three wishes. It sounds fun, congrats on your progress in Tae Kwon Do

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three Wishes was a great read! I'm looking forward to Dancing with the Stars too! So exciting that you are at the halfway point in Tae Kwon Do!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear so many good things about three wishes! Dancing with the stars this summer is going to be so amazing! I am seriously so excited! And how cute are all your outfits so chic!
    xoxo,Victoria
    www.coffeeandablonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couples dance workshop!!! Oh how fun! I can't wait to hear more about that!! And hey- don't you "like" going to the dentist? That doesn't really say much. Haha! But I feel ya. That's why I make the husband take care of that car stuff. So glad you got that leopard clutch! You style it effortlessly!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought the Woman in Cabin 10 also. I've heard great things about it so I'm hoping it is good also. I really like your outfits (especially the first and the last ones)! You will have to let us know how the dancing goes!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your olive and black outfit combos. So fun that it inspired an olive run. I am so impressed you are working toward your black belt. I miss the Olympics. Dancing with the Stars is something I always enjoy when I watch it, but I don't tune in all the time. I need to!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always loving all of your outfits!! Olives stuffed in feta are soooo good right?

    Enjoy your labor day weekend!


    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking for a new book so I need to check out Three Wishes! Love that olive jacket of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds so fun about the dancing workshop! The other day dan surprised me and said he wanted to go to a salsa dancing class with me. That would be so fun because I used to do salsa when I lived in Cleveland for a summer!

    Going along with your theme, I'm reading a book called The Girls right now. So far it's REALLY good! Apparently the author got 2 million dollars for the book before she even finished it. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i haven't read any of those books, but i have heard the woman in cabin 10 is pretty good! i think the success of gone girl is what has everyone throwing 'girl(s)' in their titles, but also it could be that most readers of those books are women? i have nothing to support that of course, just a guess.
    i hate getting my oil changed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have such a huge whole in my tv schedule with the Olympics being over! Still loving that leopard clutch and of course all your olive pieces <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is nothing worse than going to the auto shop for an oil change - totally dread that too!

    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's too bad those books didn't really do much for you! I thought for sure they'd be winners but definitely sound meh :(

    And oh my gosh Gina, I'm excited for the workshop too! Equal parts that and scared outta my mind! I'm sure snapchat viewers will laugh their heads off if you show Nate and I attempting to have rhythm ;) Lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah I have been meaning to start reading more! great post!



    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Olives?? And a grocery store with an olive bar?! Man I need to get out more. The couples dance workshop sounds super fun and awesome! I've been in the same style of books for a while now (womens/couples psychology books) that most fiction doesn't even get me excited. I will add your positively reviewed ones to my list though- maybe I'll tap out someday and get back to reading some fiction. ;) Congrats on the progress with your Tae Kwon Do belts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!