8/23/16

Summer Survival: Date Night Style

|
Welcome to Week 4 of the Summer Survival Series. This week we're dishing on our Summer Night Out Style. Summer is my favorite for Date Night because I don't have to pile on layers or a coat over a fun outfit! And yes, even in San Diego our nights get pretty chilly so this is still an issue here!

For the most part, my summer date night outfits use the same basic pieces (e,g. Portofino Shirts and Barcelona Camis) as my everyday outfits. The main difference is in the type of shoes and accessories I wear. I can't function in high heels for errands and trekking my kids around on weekdays, but "car to bar" is no problem! Here are four examples of my typical date night outfits:

ONE:
Top: Express  (Color Options Vary) | Shorts: Express | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bracelet: Banana Republic (Gift, Option) | Leopard Clutch: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:


TWO:
Top: Express | Necklace: Express (Option) | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Bracelets: Express (Option) | Bag: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon

Shop the Look:


THREE:

Top: Express | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Bracelet: Stella & Dot | Leopard Clutch: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Zara (Option)

Shop the Look:


FOUR: (Same outfit formula as Two and Three plus a blazer if it gets chilly)
Blazer: Express | Cami: Express | Jeans: ExpressNecklace: Express (Gift, Similar) | Bag: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Aldo (Similar Style with multiple color options) | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: LOFT

Shop the Look:



Front View:

To see what ladies in other parts of the country wear for their summer night out, follow through our coast-to-coast blog hop by heading north to Pennsylvania for JoLynne's take on this week's theme. Or simply use the links below to meet each blogger in this series!


Last week was a busy one on the blog (e.g. hope you entered the Back-to-School Giveaway for a Macbook + Kate Spade handbag) and in real life (you might have caught some snippets on Snapchat or my Instagram stories if you're following there), and I have a lot of content planned for next week as well! So I'm sticking to just Tuesday/Friday posts this week to adjust to the new school schedule and prep for next week. Hope you all have a great week and see you back on Friday!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

14 comments:

  1. Love your classic date night outfits, accessories are always key.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these polished looks! You have so many great pairs of sandals! #3 is my favorite!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a pretty necklace collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all of these looks, the Barcelona cami will always be my fav <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every one of these looks! You're so right about accessories and shoes making all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Portofino + Barcelona to the rescue! You can't go wrong with these blouses, that's for sure. Love the olive green on you!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing to me how many outfits you can get out of these barcelona camis and the portofino shirts! It is amazing how heels and a nice necklace can really glam up a look!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heels really make so much of a difference with an outfit! I love how they dress it up perfect for a date night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning necklace you're wearing with the black cami. I always think of wearing something that looks good "above the table" when going/eating out; but I agree with you, being a fellow mom, it IS fun to switch to high heels for a night out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, car to bar! Yes, it's a real thing for those of us who can't walk in heels! I often plan my route to the restaurant or bar based on what heels I'm wearing ;) I love your date night style. Sexy and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great date night outfits and the accessories are perfect! I'm a huge fan of car to bar shoes (unfortunately sometimes preferring cute shoes to practical...).

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  12. It really is great (and convenient!) how shoes and accessories can instantly make an outfit date night appropriate! Those black lace up sandals of yours still get me!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all perfect looks for a night out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooooh love those first two pairs of shoes, the same but different colours. so cute! i'm all about car to bar shoes and i have never heard that saying but i love it and want to use it all the time. i never wear heels for date night though, if we even go on date nights, because KC is the same height as me and he doesn't care but I don't like to tower over him, makes me slouch. aaaaaaaaaaanyway. going out with my girls is a different story though and i really want those shoes. i love the animal print. so pretty! ugh they don't have my size.... stupid big feet lol. probably for the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!