8/11/16

Leo Style Featuring Kristin Chenoweth

|
Every month I do a little style spotlight on a celebrity whose birthday falls under the Astrological sign of the season. Right now we are right in the middle of Leo Season (July 23-August 22) and I couldn't be happier about this month's feature, singer and actress Kristin Chenoweth (July 24, 1968) who turned 48 this year.

I'm a big fan of the musical Wicked (I've seen it three times and am eagerly awaiting a chance to see it again), and Kristin originated the role of Glinda in the Broadway production, so I was familiar with her version of the songs from the soundtrack of the show before I ever had the chance to see it. And once you've heard the soundtrack, it's easy to understand why she's so popular! I've also read and enjoyed her biography, even though that's not usually my favorite genre.

Via Amazon

All that said, despite being a fan of hers I've never really paid attention to her outfits outside of her show costumes...until I saw that she had a Leo birthday and decided to investigate! And it just so happens that she chooses some outfit formulas very similar to my own:

Kristin's Style:
Image Credits/Sources:  One | Two | Three | Four

Similar Looks:

My Outfit Details: (Older/out of stock pieces will not be linked unless I have a similar, current option handy.)

ONE:
Plaid Shirt: Express (Similar) | Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) | Tank: Target |  Sandals: TargetNecklace: LOFT |  | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: Nordstrom

TWO: 
Top: Express | Jeans: Vigoss (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Necklace: Express | Bracelet: Express

THREE:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Target (Similar) | Necklace: Target

FOUR:
Jacket: Express | Tee: Old Navy | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Necklace: ExpressBoots: Amazon


In general, I think Kristin is known more for her singing talent and her ultra-petite stature (she's only 4'11") than for being a fashionista, but I really enjoyed reading her take on developing timeless style from this interview. (I truncated her answer for brevity - see original source for full quote.)

Question: How would you describe your personal style?

Kristin's Answer: Right now it seems to be classic. I think about what Nora Ephron used to say. “Always be able to look back in 20 years in a photo at an outfit and feel good about what you were wearing.” I got my star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame last year and I thought, “What would Nora wear?” I chose an elegant Kate Spade black dress with very sheer white fabric above the collar with a bow tie.

And for reference here's the dress she chose!

If you're not that familiar with Kristin (or even if you are) and need more reasons to be a fan, a couple of my favorite YouTube videos with her are her Ellen Hidden Camera Prank and this one where she brings a surprisingly talented fan up on stage. (My favorite quote of hers: "Holy Crap. Harmony!") If the musical Wicked comes to your town, I highly recommend going to see it with any cast. I'm sure Wicked fans will agree with me that once you've seen it, you have been changed...for good. 

For those of you who are Wicked fans, did you see this? They're making it a movie!

I'm cautiously excited about this. I love the story, message and the songs so a movie could be really fun...but at the same time a lot of musicals I enjoyed on stage didn't translate well to the big screen for me. (e.g. The Producers and Mamma Mia). I'll try to withhold judgment until the movie comes out and just hope for the best!

And that's it for this month's Astrology Style! Let me know if you're a Leo and can relate to Kristin's style or if you're just a Wicked fan looking forward to the movie or the next touring production in your town!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey | Alison

CONVERSATION

9 comments:

  1. I know Kristin but I've never seen wicked. Her style really is classic and timeless.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked is the best! Love her style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved her, both in Wicked and the cameo roles she seems to always pop up in. I've never paid much attention to her personal style either and so I found your post so interesting. She does have a very sound philosophy about style and one I should pay attention to a bit more. Wicked the movie? I could get into that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wicked is one of my favorite musicals! I'm excited that they are making it into a movie! I never really noticed Kristen's street style before - love it!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol @ the mamma mia movie... yep.
    i saw wicked in nyc 2 years ago? i think? i don't remember but KC was not a fan which kind of ruined my fun a bit, but i really really enjoyed it. it was on in london in 2007 and i wanted to see it but my cousin didn't, so i had been waiting a loooooong time to see it. but i really did like it. i would be cautious about the movie as well... i get why they want to do it, but.. eh.
    i like kristin for her name. haha. she is seriously talented though! i would love to meet her just because i don't think i have ever met anyone that short lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen has some serious denim in her collection- and I really want to see her in Wicked!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I 100 percent agree with her quote about looking back on pictures of yourself and feeling good about what you were wearing! I think I've said that myself on my blog before but maybe I saw that quote somewhere! That's why I tend to go for classic styles over trends. It's a great rule to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have not seen Wicked yet, but have seen lots of Kristin in movies. What's not to like? She has life and joy spilling out of her performances!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed this!!! And funny you featured Kristin because I swear in Chicago I saw her eating at a restaurant. My boss looked over and immediately knew who I was talking about. But alas, unless she's some sort of pharmaceutical rep in her spare time, I don't think it was her :) I do love her classy style and OMG she is so teeny! I love her!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!