8/18/16

Fall Friend-ly Favorites

|
One of the very first friends I made though blogging is probably no stranger to you if you've been reading my blog for awhile. Of course, I'm talking about Carylee of More Pieces of Me, and it just so happens to be her birthday today! With her birthday this month I've been thinking about all the things she's "made" me buy, and today I wanted to share the top two recent Carylee-enabled purchases that also make it to "must-have" list for fall.

1. "Better than Uggs" Boots
I always thought these boots were cute when Carylee wore them, but what finally pushed me to click purchase was seeing four ways she styled them here. I have plenty of similar outfit pieces to hers so I knew for sure I'd be able to work them into my wardrobe. To top it off, she swore they were soooo comfy and, "like socially acceptable Uggs." Sold. And now I own three pair! (Taupe and Grey as shown here, plus a black pair that doesn't make it into many outfit photos, but does get worn a lot in the winter two and from dance classes.) They ran true to size for me and are easily my favorite boots purchase of 2016.

Taupe Boots:
Jacket: Maurice's (Option) | Tee: Express | Criscross Bralette: Forever 21 (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift, Budget Dupe) | Boots: Amazon

Shop the Look:


Grey Boots:
Jacket: Express | Tee: Old Navy | Jeans: ExpressNecklace: Express (Gift, Similar) | Boots: Amazon (Only one pair left in size 7...if that's your size, buy now and thank me later!)| Bag: Amazon (Similar)

Shop the Look:


2. The Softest Plaid Shirt
Backstory: I owned the original version of this shirt back in 2014 (see it in this post) and I loved how soft and comfortable it was, but my kids weren't a fan of the print. (They thought it looked too manly.) So I felt uncomfortable in it and stopped wearing it. Meanwhile Express didn't stop making it in a bunch of other prints, and people like Carylee (see four ways she wore her blue plaid here) and Rachelle collected them and styled them in so many ways that I finally gave them a second chance. And I'm so glad I did! I've been able to get plenty of use out of them even through the summer, often taking Carylee's style tip to wear them like a cardigan (see how she does it here)

Plaid Shirt: Express | Tank: Target | Jeans: Express | Sandals: Sam Edelman | Short Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Ring: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Bag: c/o Danielle Nicole (Similar)

Shop the Look:



Plaid Shirt: Express (Similar) | Tank: Target | Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) | Sandals: TargetShort Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: LOFT (Similar) | Bracelets: Nordstrom (Similar) | Watch: Fossil | Ring: Kendra Scott (Similar) | Bag: Danielle Nicole (Similar)

Shop the Look:


Front View for All Outfits:

I think I'm set at three pairs of the "Better than Uggs" boots, but I will keep my eyes on the Express Labor Day sale for possibly getting another print option of the plaid shirts. I am hoping they'll come out with some new fall color combos in addition to some of their current options, like these:

* * *
Having friendships in blogging is one of the main things that keeps me going and keeps me sane, so happy birthday to one of of the very first friends I ever made through blogging! I'm so glad we've had the chance to meet in real life (go here and here for some recaps of those meet-ups) and I'm definitely not mad about some of the great purchases you've helped me make!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

16 comments:

  1. This plais shirt is so good and I have a collection already. I hope I don't like the new colors haha! Happy Birthday Caryl.


    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boots look amazing, and I love your plaid shirts, I need to check these out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally didn't know you bought a third pair of the boots!!! Haha!!! That is so awesome! It makes my heart happy when people end up loving my purchases so much for themselves!! I am glad I didn't lead you astray with them or the plaid shirts! You would look awesome an in olive version if they release another one! And I would too! Hehe
    Thanks for you love and support and friendship and I am crying now!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Happy birthday to Carylee! I need these better than Ugg boots! They look awesome on you, and I am all about comfy. I felt the Express plaid last year, and it was so soft.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet Gina :) Caryl is such a fun person and her style reflects that to perfection! I've definitely taken some cues from her as well, including the booties from the nsale that she hunted down for me! How nice is that?! I'm so happy we have all met and have become friends through blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny you mention the Naya boots; I have a similar Naya pair, with a round toe, in taupe. Do yours have the same "cushy" footbed that Naya's known for? Maybe then I'll check out another color. I needed to size down in mine. Did you need to adjust size because of the toe shape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rina! Yes! they do have a very cushy footbed. Aside from my Gigi sandals they are probably the most comfortable shoes I own. (Hence the comparison to Uggs, although I don't actually own any Uggs! LOL!) I wear a 7.5 in about 90% of my shoes, sometimes a size 7. I took my regular size 7.5 in these and they fit great. No adjustment needed for the toe shape.

      Delete
  7. Hahahaha, I love how we bloggers enable each other, and sounds like the birthday girl is VERY good at this! :) I love those boots- I need to investigate to see if I can pull 'em off. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the style inspiration.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those boots are awesome! I need a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those boots are so cute and bonus they are comfy too! I need a pair!

    Jill
    Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that those boots have a low heel and I also really want that blue plaid shirt now! I think Carylee lives in my hometown (STL), but I'm not sure!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice to see how blogging has connected the two of you and that you've become great friends. She has sured swayed me on some purchases as well.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all these looks. So excited for fall fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute boots and I absolutely love plaid shirts. I have managed to amass quite a collection of them myself! And I am so ready for fall so I can start wearing them more.

    I would love for you to come join my weekly link up On the Edge of the Week! It goes live every Thursday at 5:00 p.m. EST and stays open for the week! Have a wonderful day!

    Shelbee
    http://www.shelbeeontheedge.com/army-banquet-and-on-the-edge-of-the-week-link-up-10/

    ReplyDelete
  15. awwww how lovely you've made such good friends through blogging :)

    those boots are so cute! they definitely don't look as comfy as uggs, but if you say so, i will add them to my list of things to buy when i can shop again. the taupe ones look sooooo pretty but i already have 2 pairs of taupe-y type boots so i probably don't *need* them. but so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!