8/29/16

Fall Favorites: Fashion and More

|
I'm admittedly sad and a little bit in denial about summer coming to an end, so I thought it would join Erika's, "Let's Talk" series today in discussing our Fall Favorites. Maybe highlighting a few of the things I do like about Fall will make me less sad about Summer? It can't hurt...

1. Fall Fashion
In a warm climate like mine, Fall Fashion starts with just a shift in color palette rather than a wardrobe overhaul. I start reaching for my burgundy and olive pieces more than my bright pinks, corals, etc. I also slowly shift away from sandals and over to wedge pumps and booties. And jackets (my favorite wardrobe piece) start making appearances again for cooler mornings and evenings.

Fall Details: Olive Jacket, Peep Toe Booties

Jacket: Nordstrom | Cami: Express | Jeans: ExpressNecklace: J Crew (Gift, Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:



Fall Details: Burgundy Top
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sole Society (Similar) | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks | Ring: Nordstrom | Bag: Amazon 

Shop the Look:


Fall Details: Burgundy Bag + Peep Toe Booties
Tee: Express (Similar) | Short Layered Necklace: Express (Similar) | Long Necklace: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Steve Madden | Bag: Express (Similar) | Ring: Kendra Scott

Shop the Look:


Fall Details: Olive Cami, Jacket, Burgundy Nails
Jacket: Express | Cami: Express | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Booties: Macy's (Similar) | Ring: Kendra Scott (Similar) | 

Shop the Look:



Front View:

Other Fall Favorites:
I had to think about this for awhile, but I do have a few other things I enjoy that are exclusive to this time of year:

1. Pumpkin Spice Creamer
I don't go as crazy for Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes as some people do, but this stuff is another story. It's already in stock in my local Target and I didn't even try to resist it.

2. Fall Baking:
I share some of my baking experiences on Snapchat and Instagram Stories, but I haven't done as much in the summer because who needs the extra heat from an oven? I get motivated to bake more when the weather cools down, and I do especially love to bake some of these things in the fall:

Pumpkin Bread: I like this recipe from Allrecipes, although I usually add mini chocolate chips to mine!
Image Credit: Allrecipes | Recipe Link: Allrecipes

Apple Butter Cupcakes: I haven't made these in awhile because they're a little labor intensive, but they are a delicious, unique fall treat!

3. Halloween
My family and I just had our first discussion last weekend about, "what are we going to be for Halloween this year?" It's not unusual for us to buy our costumes in August! You know what I think might be trending this year (besides Presidential costumes...)? Snapchat Filter Costumes. Check out this girl's makeup for the Rainbow Vomit look! I also love seeing kids in funny costumes like these:
Image via: Huffington Post

4. Football:
I won't pretend to be a mega football fan, but I do enjoy watching it and it's one of just a handful of things on TV that my whole crew will watch, so that's a nice bonus. As San Diegans we follow the Chargers, but it's hard to be motivated to support them since they've been pursuing a move out of San Diego. So as former Seattle residents we keep our primary loyalty to the Seahawks.
Image via Gamblers Palace

* * *
Well, okay then. Fall has some good points! I'll still be enjoying every last minute of summer (and posting a little more about that tomorrow), but I have to admit that after putting this together Fall doesn't sound as bad as I thought! Also, the sweet ladies over at The Blended Blog asked me to share a bit about my Fall Favorites over there so if you want to learn a little more about me head on over there next to check it out!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey | Alison

CONVERSATION

12 comments:

  1. I'm excited for everything pumpkin (including beers..my favorite!). I can't wait to wear flannels either..I just picked up a new one this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I think I just noticed that deep red portofino and it looks so good on you. I think I may have to scoop it up. That first jacket is stunning I love the colors so much.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for cooler temps, but my transition is the same as yours- color palette. No tall boots or scarves for me, it will still be too warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited about starting to wear booties and get ready for Halloween! Those apple butter cupcakes sound so good too!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally love fall and you have listed some of the best things fashion and otherwise. Bring on the boots and layers, pumpkin and football. Too funny you are already planning Halloween.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fall has such great flavors and styles! I love the rich tones in everything from the clothing to the outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i refuse to accept that fall is coming haha. i can't wait to see what's popular in halloween costumes this year, i went out last halloween so didn't get to see a lot of kids dressed up, but i am staying home this year to hand out candy (one for you, one for me etc etc). i can't wait to have kids to force into wearing all the things i didn't get to wear as a kid hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you're already wearing fall polish colors! It is so hot here still, I am not sure when I'll start tying in more fall pieces... I'm trying to think about it! I am excited to see what you bake this fall on SnapChat/IG Stories. I hadn't even thought of that, but I guess SnapChat filters would make for some interesting Halloween costumes!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a complete sucker for all things pumpkin too and I think Halloween is my favorite holiday. I saw the previews for the new DWTS season and thought of you immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your outfits- especially your olive jacket! So cute :)

    https://happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love fall fashion so much! Thanks for sharing.

    xoxo Heather
    www.thesugarribbon.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your outfits are so cute! I love that button up, burgundy top, it's so cute! And it looks even better with the cheetah print shoes. The jacket that you have with the olive shirt is also really cute! I would wear something like that all the time.


    https://www.garmento.net/listing-category/business-directory/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!