7/29/16

Outfits on the Daily 7/29/16

|
Another week down, another week of clothes I wore and current favorites to share! I'll start with outfits today and then it's on to sharing some of my current Cardio DVD favorites.

Outfit Recap:

ONE
Jacket: Express | Tank: Target | Shorts: J. Crew | Sandals: Target | Bag: Danielle Nicole (Similar) | Short Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: Express | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: Express | Ring: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:


TWO
Tee: Nordstrom Rack | Shorts: Target | Sandals: Nordstrom | Bag: c/o Fossil | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Gift) | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Ring: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:


THREE

Top: Express (Similar) | Tank: Target | Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) | Shoes: Target | Bag: Danielle Nicole (Similar) | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: Nordstrom (Similar) | Short Necklace: Nordstrom | Long Necklace: LOFT (Similar)

Shop the Look:


FOUR

Cami: Express | Shorts: J. Crew | Sandals: Vince Camuto (Similar) | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift) |  Necklace: c/o Danielle Nicole | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Bag: c/o Fossil

Shop the Look:



Front View:
Individual Versions of front view outfits here

Friday Favorites: Cardio DVDs
Last week I shared a few of my current favorite weight training DVDs (see it here), so this week I'm finishing up my with a few cardio DVD favorites.

Just a couple of things to keep in mind with my recommendations

1. I like workouts with complicated choreography. I read through the Amazon reviews of most of my favorites below and basically anytime someone gave it a one star rating, they said it was, "too complicated." I like a bit of challenge in learning the routine and a sense of accomplishment when I master it! I also find they stand the test of time for me better than repetitive or simple workouts. If you don't like complicated footwork, most of my suggestions probably won't be your taste except for some of the kickboxing options.

2. I like workouts with higher intensity/high impact options. Even if I don't perform all of the higher impact options, I like seeing it and pushing myself to do as much of it as I reasonably can to get the most out of my workout time.

3. Speaking of workout time...even though most of these DVDs have a cardio segment of 45 minutes or more, I prefer about 30-40 minutes of cardio in a session. (Then I'll go on to abs and stretches to finish up my one hour workout time.) A lot of times I'll do the first 30 minutes of the DVD on one day and the second 30 minutes on a different day, which kind of makes it like getting two workouts in one DVD!

Favorite Cardio DVDs: 

Click the name under the workout photo for link to purchase

Kickboxing:

This is probably my all-time favorite kickboxing DVD. I like the "Cardio Conditioning" and "Kicking and Punching" Premixes the best. The ab work on this DVD is also excellent. It's a short but very challenging ab workout on a stability ball. The DVD also comes with the workout Legs & Glutes, which is a great lower body workout for intermediate to Advanced exercisers.


Unfortunately you can only buy these as part of the complete Turbo Fire set through Beachbody, but I bought mine individually on eBay ages ago because I knew I didn't want the other workouts in the set. At any rate, these are fun, fast paced workouts with fun music. The combinations are not that complicated but they change enough to keep me interested.


Of my favorite kickboxing DVDs, this one is the most unique and has the most original/challenging choreography. (But that's what Amy Bento is known for.) There were a couple of moves that I didn't think flowed very well, but still I like this the originality and music in this one and it stands out to me above a lot of others I own.

Floor Cardio (Dancey or HiiT Based):


This has a dancey cardio routine with Kickboxing "blasts" in between each one, so it's kind of a kickbox/dance hybrid. I love the floor choreography and the music is fun in this one too. Probably my favorite Amy Bento cardio workout of all.


I talked about this series last week in my Weight Training Favorites, and the four cardio workouts in this series are just as good. They're all 30 minutes or less but at a good, intense pace. These do not have complicated footwork, but they have a lot of variety in movement to keep me motivated. If you don't want to buy the full workout set you can buy the four workouts separately on two DVDs: Plyo HiiT One & Two and Low Impact HiiT.

Step Cardio:

Like I mentioned above, Amy Bento is the queen of innovate choreography in workouts. Her step workouts are so original, innovative and fun! They definitely take some work to learn but are so fun to do once you have them down. I also really enjoy Amy's personality and sense of humor in all of her workouts.

Same opinion as Advanced Step Challenge 2! She also has Advanced Step Challenge 1, 4 and 5, but I didn't think her cue-ing was very good in 1 and 5. I like ASC 4, but it's just not a favorite.

This has short step cardio segments followed by "blasts" of higher intensity. I can't even do all of them at full intensity, but I don't seem to get bored when trying! The choreography is fun and not complicated as Amy's. (This DVD also comes with a workout called Cardio & Weights. It has about a 30 minute step cardio workout that I also keep in regular rotation.)

Shop the Workouts:



* * *

Thanks for reading today and I'll see you back on Tuesday for the first post in my end-of-summer blogger collaboration series!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey | Alison

CONVERSATION

17 comments:

  1. Loving all these cute outfit. I wanted to take kickboxing classes, I'm wondering if I should just try some of these dvds instead.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. All outfits are too cute...I think my favorite is the plaid top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I do workout DVD's (and I hope to get back into my Jillian ones in 2.5 weeks once the kids go back to school, this summer has been a fail on that!) I do like ones that are around 30 minutes. My running workouts are a lot longer, so its nice to have a shorter workout option on other days of the week. I really love the necklace in outfit #4, it just makes the entire outfit! The first outfit is really pretty, too! I need to get some pink cami/tanks!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last pink tank looks so good on you! Compliments your skin so well. As always, I am impressed by your workouts.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hte pink with that camo jacket!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pink top, it's so lovely! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camo, pink and neutral accessories: making a note of that one. I don't have any Amy Bento and have heard such good things about her. I have so many step DVDs and I do still love my step routines, but I do have a few kickboxing workouts as well, like the Cathe one (and one day I will be able to do those jackknife ab thing she does on the ball at the end) and the Turbo-Fire (I only do the cardio ones from that set). I have Terminator, which has pieces from the IMAX2 and C&W) and it's a good one. I may have to do it tomorrow. I love it when you share your fitness favs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Kendra Scott necklace is so pretty. I love the color. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love all your outfits this week- but my favorite definitely has to be #4. That necklace is STUNNING!
    XO
    Lee | LegalLee Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for doing the "homework" for everyone, regarding your favorite workouts. Saves me lots of time and wasted videos. Sounds like the mix of exercise and dance will keep my interest and make it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep admiring your distressed target shorts. I need to just go and get some!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you go for the challenge and conquer the complicated workouts! Such goals! I love it! But it's definitely super rewarding when something sounds or looks complicated and difficult and then all of a sudden you're smiling at yourself because you did it! I may be dying, but I did it dangit! And your shorts collection is the best!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love all your summery outfits, especially loving that bright fuchsia cami! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gina, honestly, I LOVE all of your outfits! I really liked the cameo jacket and the black and white plaid. You really rocked this week with fun ensembles. xx-S

    ReplyDelete
  15. i don't think i like complicated stuff, but only because i am lazy at home. that being said, maybe i am lazy/distracted easily because it's not complicated.. maybe i need complicated lol. i did kickboxing classes yeeeeaaaarrs ago, and i have been wanting to try it again, maybe i should give that dvd a go first :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!