7/8/16

Outfit Recap + Friday Favorites

|
Happy Friday! I'm back on schedule with my usual Friday outfit recap and a few other things to share today. This week I unofficially decided to contradict myself and wear a bunch of things I said that I didn't wear. Several of you noticed and commented about it on my Instagram pics, but if you have no idea what I'm talking about, I'll break it down for you at the end of the outfit recap.

Outfit Recap

ONE:
Jacket: Nordstrom | Tank: Target | Sandals: Target | Bag: c/o Danielle Nicole | Shorts: Target | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott

Shop the Look:


TWO:
Top: Express (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Forever 21 | Necklace: LOFT (Similar) | Watch: Fossil | Ring: Target | Bag: c/o Danielle Nicole

Shop the Look:



THREE:
Tee: Nordstrom Rack | Jeans: Express | Short Necklace: Jewelry.com  | Long Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: c/o Danielle Nicole | Ring: Nordstrom | Watch: Fossil | Bracelet: LOFT

Shop the Look:



FOUR:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Steve Madden | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Gift) | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: Express

Shop the Look:


FRONT VIEW:
Individual Front View Outfits Available HERE

As for the contradictions I mentioned at the beginning of the post, here's what I mean:

1. You're a Grand Old Flag. Less than two weeks ago (in this post), I said I don't like to wear red, white, and blue all at once. Mostly just blue and white. Apparently the 4th of July cured me of that fashion phobia in no time and I ended up wearing three rather patriotic outfits this week!

2. The Denim Jacket. Back in May (this post) I talked about the denim jacket being a closet staple that a lot of people own and love...except for me. I think the simple act of posting about them here made me start paying more attention to them in general, and then to thinking of ways I could wear them, and finally to finding one I liked!

So I guess the moral of the story (in the words of Justin Bieber) is Never Say Never. At least when it comes to clothes!

Necklace Dupe
The Elisa (worn it outfits two and four above) and Rayne necklaces (in outfit one) are my top two favorite, most frequently worn jewelry pieces from Kendra Scott. I wouldn't call them budget-friendly, but I try to make them worth the splurge by wearing them a lot. That said, I stumbled across an option at Charming Charlie that's very similar to the Elisa pendant and much more affordable at just $8.00. They currently have five color options, and from the product images on the website the length looks very similar as well:
Charming Charlie Elisa dupe

Necklaces from Charming Charlie

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
There's less than one week to go before Early Access begins at the Nordstrom Sale, a.k.a. "the Most-Blogged-About-Sale-of-All-Time." I don't typically shop the sale much myself (therefore I don't blog much about it, either) since it's mostly Fall pieces and I'm four months away from wearing Fall clothes here in SoCal. However, if I had a $640 gift card to Nordstrom in time for the sale, it would be another story!



And that will be exactly the case for one lucky reader! Just in case you missed Monday's post, I added the Rafflecopter to the end of this post so you can enter here before it ends on Sunday. Full eligibility details are here. Have a great weekend!

Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Lindsey | Alison

a Rafflecopter giveaway

CONVERSATION

18 comments:

  1. I'm still shocked to see you in a denim jacket and I haven't worn mine in ages but then it's so darn hot here. All my jackets are getting no love.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to find a denim jacket you like and that fits well. You will definitely wear it all of the time! I need to head over to Charming Charlie for that necklace dupe! Thanks for sharing that find!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your looks but especially loving your jeans! I'm going to have to check them out. Have a great weekend :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how you posted this as I ordered a light washed denim jacket from J.Crew yesterday. I'm not a denim jacket person at all (or a denim person for that matter), but seeing outfits on people that I want to recreate. And for that I need that jacket :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these looks! I wear my denim jacket a lot!!
    Jaymie

    ReplyDelete
  6. My iridescent drusy Elisa is so versatile, and I've been waiting for a sale to get another, so it's great to hear about Charming Charlie. Don't know if it's still around, but I recently bought a dupe for the Rayne, from Saks Off Fifth, by Stella Ruby (the Calypso Tassel Pendant) for only $30. FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy giveaway. i am trying not to shop it either but if i had free money i'd be all over it. i'm glad you found the denim jacket love (or at least not hate). love the charming charlie necklaces, especially the price!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still don't have a Kendra Scott necklace and love both styles. I love that dupe and it's only $8! You won't regret the denim jacket. It's the oldest thing in my closet and gets the most wear. Finding one you like is important and I'm glad you found one. And yay for wearing red, white and blue--they look good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the long arrows necklace and the stripped top is gorgeous!


    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Outfit number two has got to be my favorite! <3 I love those stripes top! :)

    Angelie // Avon Illuminating Face Pearls Review

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gina, I really like the jean jacket and striped tank. They both seem like versatile warm weather basics. The jacket looks like it's made out of soft denim. The color is really pretty too. Always down for a striped top!! xx-S

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post is giving me serious outfit envy! Your outfits are curated so perfectly. I love the Express jeans. I have been looking for ripped jeans that are not too destroyed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every single one of these is perfection! I adore that red bag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you found a denim jacket you like- this one looks awesome on you. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need that striped cami, and the denim jacket is great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did red white and blue in a perfect way with those stripes! I am also glad to see you wearing a denim jacket! I get so much use out of mine. Just took it on our trip and wore it a ton. I am always biting my tongue after saying never. :)

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will definitely say that not all denim jackets are created equal and I'm glad you found one that works for you! I am saddened because I think my favorite one needs to be retired as it is a bit too big on me now. Hopefully I can find a good replacement! And your outfits were tastefully patriotic, which is def a good thing!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. A denim jacket is indeed a wardrobe staple. Congratulations on finding the perfect one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!