6/7/16

TV Style Talk

|
I don't watch a lot of TV lately but thanks to this blog, a few people are aware of the fact that I shop at Express sometimes (understatement) and have told me about a few TV shows that feature Express clothing here and there. The Bachelor/Bachelorette are the number one show that get mentioned (thanks Erin!), and even though I still haven't watched it, I do subscribe to US Weekly, and they brought the situation right to my attention recently!

1. As Seen on TV

I've had this Express cami since January, and the stripe pattern makes it a little more distinct from other brands than solids:
Cami: Express | Jacket: Express (Similar)| Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon (Pink Sold Out)| Ring: Express (Similar) | Necklace: Express | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bracelet: Forever 21 (Similar)

Shop the Look:


And there was no mistaking that the girl on the far left in this pic from Us Magazine a couple of weeks ago is wearing the same cami. (Per Wikipedia "That girl" is actually Kaitlyn Bristowe from The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.)
(Her jeans look similar to some I have from Express, too, but that's hard to tell for sure from this photo.)

When I mentioned this to Erin (who has been telling me all along about this), she was quick to show me a few other instances where Kaitlyn wore something from Express...

Like the red version of this same cami:
Image Source

...which I've also worn with white jeans (and who knows, maybe her white jeans are from Express!) :
Cami: Express | Jacket: Express (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Calvin Klein (Similar) | Bag: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:


And last but not least there's this plaid shirt she wore:

Express no longer makes this exact print, but we know for sure it's also from Express because two of my other favorite Express-wearing bloggers, Carylee and Rachelle, have this exact version:
Original Posts: Step Up and Dress Up | Carylee | Rachelle

This Oversized Plaid Shirt has become a staple product at Express since it was first released back in 2014, but the specific patterns don't seem to last more than a season so if you see one you love, don't wait too long. Case in point: I've only had my navy and pink version of this shirt for a month and it's already sold out! I linked a similar print of my same style below:
Top: Express (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Sandals: Nordstrom | Necklace: CCO (Sold Out, Similar) | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bag: Aldo (Similar) | Ring: Express (Similar) | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks

Shop the Look:


And finally, here's a front view of the outfits I'm wearing in this post for those who prefer that angle:


2. Netflix Favorites

Since I'm on the subject of TV, I wanted to join Erika and Shay today in talking about the top three Netflix series we would take with us if we were stranded on a desert island. In no particular order, these are my top three candidates:

1. Dexter
Image Source

Why I loved it: Complex, well-developed characters, amazing acting, excellent story arcs, lots of suspense, themes that make you question black-and-white definitions of right and wrong.

Why I didn't: The ending. I don't know anyone who liked how it ended. I'm kind of hoping for a movie someday to redeem the ending. Is that too much to ask? Also, some scenes were too sad or gruesome for my taste (particularly anything with Dexter's childhood), but the good still outweighed the bad for me.

2. Breaking Bad
Image: Source

Why I loved it: Complex, well-developed characters, amazing acting, excellent story arcs, lots of suspense, themes that make you question black-and-white definitions of right and wrong. (Yep...I copied and pasted from Dexter. I guess you know what I like in a show!)

Why I didn't: There wasn't much I didn't like about this and I thought they completed the series much better than Dexter. I guess I could say the same about some of the violence being too much for me to even want to think about.

3. Gilmore Girls
Image: Source

Why I liked it: To be honest, I was going to put Sons of Anarchy in this spot. And my reasons for loving that show are the exact same as the first two shows! But if I were actually stranded on desert island with only three series to watch I think I'd need to balance out the darker themes of the other two shows with something girly, idyllic, and positive. So Gilmore Girls it is!

Why I didn't: One of the things this show was known for was witty banter, and at times I found it just a little too much and it kept me from relating to the characters. Same goes for their too-perfect town, lives, and wardrobes! Those things were equal parts fun/charming and distracting to me because they were so unrealistic.

* * *

Thanks for stopping by for some TV talk today! I'll be back on Friday with an Outfit Recap and some Friday Favorites!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey | Amanda | Shay

CONVERSATION

18 comments:

  1. I'm fairly certain the current Bachelorette, JoJo was wearing a Portofino in last nights episode. Erin might know for sure though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Hopefully she'll chime in and let us know. (And oops! This was supposed to go up tomorrow but no sense in taking it down now. Happy Double Post day.)

      Delete
  2. hey Express is so popular and thank you for featuring me. I love this plaid shirt but since I have like 5 I decided to take a break but I loooove several more colors. I also loved breaking bad, girlmore girl I liked when I was younger but yea it's unrealistic.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post, love that you are checking out who is wearing Express from different shows. They def. have great taste!!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't watch much TV either but it's always fun to see stylist using mass retailers clothes to dress the characters. I have the stripe cami and I think it's my favorite one from Express.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Kaitlyn! She was my favorite Bachelorette ever..in fact I still follow her on snapchat and IG. She just seems so cool and funny! and I'm not surprised at all that we have the same favorite shows. So good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your oversized plaid and should have picked it up when I first saw it! I always seem to wait and miss out! I've been wanting to watch Dexter and will add it to my Netflix picks!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. B*tch stole your look! Haha, totally kidding! How did I miss you wearing that red Barcelona cami? Need to get my hands on it asap! I bought those white jeans because of you a while ago (something I thought I'd never do haha I'm way too accident-prone to wear white and I pretty much always shop at Express because I saw you wear something I liked haha) and love how it looks with that red cami! Ahh Dexter, loved that show, I think I watched it on Netflix about three times, hated the ending too though! Love both Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter!

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  8. that girl from the show is totally copying you! someone needs to tell her not to wear a normal bra with that cami (in the striped version) lol. jk. i don't watch those shows either :) i love gilmore girls, have since it came out. i love the witty banter as well but sometimes it was too much, too over the top and not realistic. i haven't watched breaking bad or dexter :) i've been watching nashville lately lol, my mum wanted to start watching something 'together' so that's what we've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that plaid shirt. The pink and navy combo is so cute! I'm only partially through Breaking Bad, but you are right. It is so good!!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew there was a reason why I loved Kristen from The Bachelorette, I definitely recognized a lot of her tops and loved that she wasn't always in high end designer duds. And yesssss to Breaking Bad, one of the best shows of all time <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. GOD HOW DARE SHE STEAL YOUR FUGGING LOOK! ;) But you totally look cuter so...

    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the outfits you curated! My favorite pieces are the white pants and leopard print heels :)

    Angelie // Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit Review + Swatch

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always fun to spot a piece and know exactly where it's from. Even more exciting when you own that piece. It's like a part of you is famous! Ha! And if I can ever finish Gossip Girl, I will need to find something to take its place on Netflix. I never watched Gilmore Girls ever!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Express is all over the place- love it! And I think I need that blue + white striped cami in my life; it's amazing!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love when something I was wearing appears on TV! I also love that all of your outfits almost match some of what these ladies were wearing, but you did it beforehand! Clearly they need to be calling you for their Express wardrobing! Breaking Bad was one of my favorite shows of all time!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't watch the Bachelorette, but the Barcelona cami is the perfect man-baiting top. I've always loved that black and one on you, but I'm not too crazy of the extra black straps under hers. I've been looking for a new show to binge watch this summer and am again reminded that I need to watch a few episodes of Breaking Bad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post babe! Dexter was such an awesome show!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!