6/14/16

The Unposted Outfit Files

|
I share my outfits almost every day on Instagram, but since I miss a few days here and there, I end up with a file full of unposted outfits every season. The "missed days" might happen for a variety of reasons, anything from picture quality to time constraints. So here's a look at a few outfits I've worn but haven't shared anywhere to date and the reasons why they didn't make the cut!

ONE:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: c/o Kendra ScottShoes: Target (Similar) | Bag: Tory Burch (Similar) | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: LOFT

Unposted because....
I wore this in late March, and I decided not to post it then mainly because at that time of year (right before Easter) Instagram fashion followers show a strong preference for outfits that say "Spring" (pastels, florals, etc.). Olive and black...not so much. I generally have a thick skin about some outfits being more well-liked than others, but I don't go out of my way on a given day to make time to post an outfit that I know isn't going to be well-received on Instagram anyway. Not to mention all the other minutiae I can pick apart in a photo before posting, like the bunching on the neckline of the shirt or my index finger ring not facing the camera.

Shop the Look:


TWO:
Top: Express (Similar) | Leggings: Express | Shoes: NordstromNecklace: Express (Similar) | Tank: Target | Ring: Express (Similar) | Bag: Amazon | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: Express

Unposted because...
Two words: Marine Layer. This was a recent outfit inspired by Jessica Alba (see the post here) and I loved wearing it because it was ridiculously comfortable. But the number one cause of all #ootd photo issues for me is the Marine Layer in San Diego. (Wikipedia explanation here.) It makes my pictures look foggy because there is some fog! Sometimes it burns off in time for me to get a good picture, other times not. In this case it did not, and it's also evident in my front-view selfie below because it's just darker and grainier than usual.

Shop the Look:


THREE:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Similar) | Shoes: Express | Watch: Fossil | Bracelet: LOFT | Bag: Danielle Nicole

Unposted because...
Two reasons. One: I wasn't that crazy about the outfit. I was pressed for time getting dressed and didn't have time to change any details that might have made me like it better. Two: Inconsistencies. I wore a jacket in my front-view selfie (below), but it warmed up throughout the day and I didn't have it with me anymore when I got around to my aerial view photo. And of course I didn't remember to go take another front-view picture with it off. Those two strikes were enough to keep this out of my Instagram feed.

Shop the Look: 


FOUR:
Top: Nordstrom Rack | Jacket: Maurices (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Necklace: LOFT (Similar) | Shoes: Target (Similar) | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift) | Bag: Tory Burch (Similar) | Watch: Fossil

Unposted because...
When I wore this outfit in April, I didn't even realize I had already worn almost the exact outfit a month prior (see it here). Same jacket, same color of top, my shoes were the same style (albeit a different color), so it just felt too soon to post such a redundant outfit.

Shop the Look:



Finally, here's a front view look at each of the outfits in this post:

I hope you guys enjoyed today's little look behind the scenes! I'm getting ready to head to Utah later this week but I plan to have some scheduled content here regardless of where I am physically. So if you're not already subscribed via email or Bloglovin' be sure to check back for updates!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey | Amanda |

CONVERSATION

19 comments:

  1. All so cute...really love the color of that blue cami!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun facts but it's always good to have backup IG Post I am working on that because last week I struggled a lot.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this behind the scenes look! All of these outfits are super cute but I can understand why you didn't post them! Most of my outfits never make it to IG because I always seem to remember to take a photo when it's getting dark outside.

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the blue barcelona outfit is pretty! Though I'm a sucker for that blue! And that Tory Burch bag just never gets old! <3
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina, I love the animal print purse. I need to get a smaller purse, but am having such a hard time down sizing with all the stuff I want to pack for my kids. LOL! I like the tassel necklace and found one similar at GoodWill and bought it for a friend. Looking hot in your v-necks. :) xx-S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything still so chic even if you missed posting it Gina!

    Come see how I’m wearing ruffles for work & play this week at the blog – Happy Tuesday!

    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing your OOTD's on Insta- you always look so put together, doll. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the behind the scenes, Gina. It is funny - at first glance I would not have noticed the details - like the ring or shirt bunching. I like olive and black - even if it is spring. I am not a typical spring person with florals.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked this post because you seem to have perfected the art of instagram-outfit posting and I found it interesting why some outfits didn't make your feed. I didn't know about the Marine Layer but here, in Utah, and during the winter, the inversion had a huge effect on photos. Speaking of Utah, enjoy your time here! Bring layers, as the weather cannot seem to make up its mind. Unless, of course, you're in southern Utah. Then, just bring you camis and swimsuits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks for the weather tips! It looks like it's supposed to be hot there (Salt Lake City area) this weekend, although we'll be up at ski resort one day and I'm guessing the altitude will make it a little cooler so I'll definitely bring some layering options.

      Delete
  10. the marine layer thing is interesting, and i can totally see it. weird. i still think all your outfits are super cute, though i understand why you didn't share them. enjoy your time in utah :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Outfit #3 is my favorite with the jacket and without. It was interesting to hear all of the reasons why you skipped on posting these... like a ring not facing the right way, the marine layer (had never heard of that!), etc. Little things like that can drive me crazy, too!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I am a huge Express shopper (when I haven't put myself on a shopping freeze), and always love to see how you style their clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all great outfits, I love that you decided to post them on the blog for inspirations. I'm making a little announcement on my blog today, hope you can stop by and check it out :)

    xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel like I have soo many outfits that go unposted, and I am always wondering if I should take the time to actually post them or not! I love your outfits and all your accessories, as I always do. You have such a gift for matching everything perfectly.

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of these outfits!! I am glad you decided to share them. The olive and black might be my favorite, and I never would have noticed your finger or the bunching of the shirt (what bunching?!). It does make me realize how we all pick apart our photos while others probably don't even notice.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  16. Having enough pics to support your social media and blog sometimes can be quite taxing. You seen to do both pretty splendidly girl!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this look behind the scenes! I really like the olive and black look even if it's not a Spring look :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like the selection ;)
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: WITH GUERLAIN IN MARRAKECH

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!