6/24/16

Outfit Recap + Friday Favorites 6/24/16

|
Happy Friday! After a week of playing catch up I'm back into the swing of things and ready to share my usual outfit recap and some favorites today. I didn't post any outfits during my Utah trip last week but I did take a few and will share them in a travel recap soon. But in the meantime, here's what I wore before and after vacation plus a bargain find and some nail polish favorites.

ONE:
Top: Express | Dress: Express | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Sandals: Nordstrom | Ring: Express (Similar) | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bracelet: Forever 21 (Similar)

Shop the Look:


TWO:
Top: Express (Similar) | Shorts: J Crew | Shoes: Vince Camuto "Luciah" (Similar) | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Watch: Fossil | Bracelet: LOFT (Similar)

Shop the Look:


THREE:
Tee: Nordstrom Rack | Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Sandals: Nordstrom | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift)

Shop the Look:


FOUR:
Tee: Express | Shorts: Target | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Sandals: Express (Similar) | Pink Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: Express | Watch: Fossil (Similar) | Bracelets: Express

Shop the Look:


Front View:
Front View of these outfits available here.

Friday Favorites:

1. Favorite Necklace Dupe:

I've worn this Stella & Dot necklace countless times since I received it for my birthday from Rachelle, Carylee and Noelle. I should also mention that I shortened it quite a bit from its original length so I could wear it more easily with Barcelona Camis and v-neck t-shirts like this:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: c/o Fossil | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Bracelets: Express (Front view on this page)

Shop the Look:


Stella & Dot pieces are not exactly what I consider budget-friendly, but I happened to spot a very similar, more affordable option the other day and I wanted to pass along the details:
Necklace: Nordstrom Rack ($20)

The length on this is similar to the original length of my Stella & Dot necklace, so it could be worn as  a long pendant or you can take your chances on ruining it (like me) and shorten it to your preferred length. Either way, it's a great necklace to own!

2. Favorite Whitish-Pink (Pinkish-White?) Nail Polishes:

Back in April I talked about one of my all-time favorite nail polish shades, Sinful Colors "Easy Going." While I still love that color, the formula could use some improvement, so for the past few months I've been trying as many similar colors as I could find in a quest for the BEST pinkish-white nail polish. After buying and trying half a dozen or so, I think I'm giving up the search. I didn't find one that was an exact color match, but I did find two that I really like that are very similar with slightly better formulas (in my opinion, of course).

First, OPI Let's Be Friends. In person I think this is a slightly more cool-toned pink than "Easy Going," but a similar balance of pink/white.
Nail Polish: Amazon | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: Express

Second, China Glaze "Let's Chalk About It." (Thanks to Zeba for the tip on this one!) This one is slightly more white than "Let's Be Friends" and "Easy Going." It's more white with just the slightest hint of pink. The pink hint is also more cool toned than "Easy Going" but similar to "Let's Be Friends."
Nail Polish: Amazon | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: Express (Similar)

I don't know that any normal person needs all three of these shades, but I like them all and don't mind having all three for "variety." And on the topic of nail polish favorites, I'm still loving my favorite long wearing top coat combo (discussed here) and I linked those products below as well:

Shop the Products:


* * *

I've arranged to have a slightly different posting schedule (M/W/TH and M/W/F) for the next couple of weeks so I hope you'll stop by on those days for new posts! And before you go, this is the final weekend to enter the Macbook Air + Kate Spade Giveaway so stop by here to enter if you haven't already. Have a great weekend and see you back on Monday!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey |

CONVERSATION

14 comments:

  1. I am not one to judge you should all the variations of red nail polishes I own. These jcrew shorts look so good on you, too bad they don't work for me :/

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite outfit is the plaid top and white shorts! That necklace dupe is such a great find! I'm going to have to check it out! I love that OPI mani color! Enjoy the weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought easy going, but have yet to try it! You don't like the formula though? I've never tried sinful colors before, at least not that I can remember! The polish that Zeba recommended looks really nice! I'm trying to not buy anymore polish though and actually need to do a purge. Looking forward to your posts next couple of weeks! I'm shooting for Monday and Wednesday too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mean to imply that I don't like the formula. I don't mind it and since I've used it so much I am completely used to it. I just hadn't explored other options for quite awhile so I wanted to see if I was missing anything or if there was room for improvement. For the price point of $2 I don't think you can find better, that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. As always such great everyday outfits. Love the first two especially. I own that same plaid shirt from Express. =)

    Hope all is well Gina and you are having a great Summer so far. I miss hearing from you.


    Take Care, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to try those ruched racer back dresses. I got the regular non ruched version but the color choices are better with the racerback. Hmmm.... Tempting!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that coloring in the plaid top!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I first bought Easy Going based on your recommendation and now think it's my favorite for pedicures. I own like three nail polishes and it takes me over year to go through them, but maybe next time I'll try Let's Be Friends. I'm always still so impressed by your ability to do your own nails. I have no talent in that department.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a great style. I really love the second outfit. The shirt & shoes are just so gorgeous. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outfit number four is my fav, thank you for sharing!!!

    xxx

    www.bridesonamission.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute outfits!

    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how your bags are always the perfect finishing touch to all of your cute outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i really like the lets be friends colour. and that necklace from nordstrom rack is super cute and very affordable :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!