6/3/16

Outfit Recap + Friday Faves 6/3/16

|
Happy Friday! The school year is winding down (one week left for us!) and everyone around here seems to be in a happy mood about that. And the weather here finally seems to be breaking out of it's May Gray/June Gloom and I'm hoping it lasts at least through the weekend so we can get out and enjoy some of those summer activities I talked about on Monday! Here's a recap of some recent outfits that haven't made it to the blog yet along with some Friday Favorites.

Outfit Recap:


ONE:

Tee: Express | Jacket: Express (Current) | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Express | Necklace: Express | Bag: Amazon | Watch: Fossil (Similar) | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks

Shop the Look:


TWO:

Top: Nordstrom Rack | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Sandals: Forever 21 (Similar) | Bag: c/o Danielle Nicole | Necklace: LOFT | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: Express

Shop the Look:


THREE:


Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Sandals: Nordstrom | Bag: Aldo (Similar) | Necklace: CCO (Similar, Gift) | Bracelet Set: Charmed Stacks (In the indoor photo I wore this set from Express but changed when I left the house and took the outdoor/Instagram photo)

Shop the Look:


FOUR: (See the original Barbie Outfit Inspiration for this outfit in this post)
Top: Express (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Sandals: Jessica Simpson (Similar) | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Bracelets: ExpressRing: Express (Similar) | Watch: Fossil

Shop the Look:



Front View:
Individual Front View of these outfits: here

FRIDAY FAVORITES:

1. Favorite Blogging Series

I've known JillMarta, and Lisa through blogging for a few years now and they just completed a six week series on blogging tips and strategies along with five other ladies. Every week I enjoyed going through each of their posts and gleaning some new tips and ideas, and I highly recommend the series to any blogger or anyone thinking about starting one, whether fashion-oriented or not. It doesn't need to be read in order, so you could start with Lisa's most recent installment where she has links to each of the other topics in the series.

2. Favorite Drugstore Shampoo + Conditioner
Image via BeautyNewsNYC

I have tried a lot of shampoos and conditioners over the last 15 years or so trying to get as much volume as possible out of my fine, thin, hair. For years I used only expensive products from lines like Pureology and Bumble & Bumble. While they do have really great shampoos, I hate to spend so much on hair products if I can avoid it. A year or so ago I decided to try some drugstore lines again to see if I could save some money on hair care, and I have really been pleased with Pantene Sheer Volume. I just re-purchased it after using up the entire bottle, and I think it's worth a try for my fellow fine-haired ladies who don't want to spend a fortune on shampoo!

3. Favorite Book Lately

Last week I mentioned that I was just starting The Royal We and now that I'm about 70% done I have to follow-up and say that I'm really enjoying it. It's such a fun, entertaining, easy read. If you need a summer beach read or something to get you back into reading period and haven't read this I highly recommend it!

* * *

That's it for today! I haven't quite finalized what I'll be blogging about next week so I can't tell you what's coming up here next, but hopefully some sunshine and fresh air this weekend will inspire me and I'll have some kind of posts next week! Have a great weekend!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey | Amanda |

CONVERSATION

11 comments:

  1. Stylish week as always and I need to go through the blogging series. Have a great weekend!

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the shout out on our blogging tips series! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I haven't used Pantene in years! I need all the help I can get in the volume department and will need to check it out! Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these outfits, your IG account is one of my faves Gina!! Thanks very much for the shout out for our series & really glad that you liked it! I'm looking forward to the end of school too & hoping to book a vacation in the summer as we haven't gone away for years. Have a great weekend.
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed the blogging tips series, too and learned some things I didn't already know. I am loving that all blue outfit with the yellow bag and pink sandals!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. doing a little dance in my seat with you enjoying the royal we! :) i want to re-read it.
    i will have to check out that shampoo. i have never had good luck with pantene, though honestly i haven't tried any of their stuff in over 10 years, so... maybe i should give them another go. i always like to switch up my shampoo and conditioner and not use the same stuff all the time, though i'm pretty consistent in my cheapness haha. have a good weekend lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your blush bag with the olive and black in your first look and the pink sandals with the plaid. Great combos! That has been a great blogging series with awesome tips, hasn't it? Happy Friday!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous outfits - I especially love those pink wedges! Have a great weekend :)

    Rachel's Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love those pink sandals and may now have to get some. I know I've said it before, but I really like the combo with the bright yellow purse. I'll also now have to check out The Royal We. I need something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty much every blogger I follow has mentioned that book so I guess I have to download it now! Hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your shoes this week are stunners! I especially love the pink ones!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!